The Last of Us Part II (PS4)

Can't wait for this.

Saw some comments suggesting that Joel is dead and was a hallucination in that trailer.

giphy.jpg

Druckman confirmed that Ellie is now 19 and is the main playable character. Main theme is "hate".

Might play though TLOU again even though the stingy gits only gave me 2 trophies for my playthrough, As i was watching the live stream from PSX 2016, You could think of nothing else than to shout holey cow followed by just look at that thing and she plays the guitar as well.

Saw some comments suggesting that Joel is dead and was a hallucination in that trailer.

It would kind of make sense that the Fireflies tracked down and killed Joel for what he did in LoU 1. Theme of "Hate" could suggest that Ellie is out for revenge.

The big question is will Ellie come over to the Fireflies' side as they're essentially the good guys in reality.

I'd find it hard to believe Joel is dead from the start. But it may well be the case he does die at some point.

The big question is can they capture how special the 1st game was. Because it's going to take some doing.

It would kind of make sense that the Fireflies tracked down and killed Joel for what he did in LoU 1. Theme of "Hate" could suggest that Ellie is out for revenge.

The big question is will Ellie come over to the Fireflies' side as they're essentially the good guys in reality.

I would be inclined, after the events of the first game to believe Ellie's hate would be somewhat directed at Joel for his actions at the end of the first. I would also expect she would inwardly hate herself once she became aware of those events. The revenge aspect is what interests me as Ellie it seems from this trailer is maybe even more cold bloodied than Joel. Looks like an emotional ride once again and I somewhat expect a rather unhappy ending .

Day one for me, roll on 2019 ;).

This is going to be epic, TLOU is the best game story wise ever made IMO. They very nearly gave up on making a sequel because they couldn't come up with a decent story. So this should be very good with the obsession over finding the right story so intense. And it will be a story about the two of them again.
They will be fighting a new sanction though as their was an Easter egg poster in Uncharted 4 with their name and it wasn't the Fireflys. Not sure if Joel will be a ghost as that seems to of been an Internet made up rumour thus far.

Cannot wait for this game, will have to play through TLOU again now haha.

Is it confirmed for 2019? That's a horrible amount of time away if so :(

This is going to be epic, TLOU is the best game story wise ever made IMO. They very nearly gave up on making a sequel because they couldn't come up with a decent story. So this should be very good with the obsession over finding the right story so intense. And it will be a story about the two of them again.
They will be fighting a new sanction though as their was an Easter egg poster in Uncharted 4 with their name and it wasn't the Fireflys. Not sure if Joel will be a ghost as that seems to of been an Internet made up rumour thus far.

Cannot wait for this game, will have to play through TLOU again now haha.

Yes this Joel ghost thing is rather silly. We have just had UC4 and now the Chloe DLC that had a seismic shift away from the supernatural UC games of past to be more grounded in reality. This game once again will focus on the Ellie,Joel dynamic of the previous game. I feel we maybe in for a few more shocks and tears along the way as that is the games strong point and motivation.

This is going to be epic, TLOU is the best game story wise ever made IMO.
Personally thought it was hugely predicting playing on those same old human emotions, IMO it's not a patch on the classical Final Fantasy or even Metal gear solid.

Yes this Joel ghost thing is rather silly. We have just had UC4 and now the Chloe DLC that had a seismic shift away from the supernatural UC games of past to be more grounded in reality. This game once again will focus on the Ellie,Joel dynamic of the previous game. I feel we maybe in for a few more shocks and tears along the way as that is the games strong point and motivation.

Sorry to disagree, but I always felt that UC specifically did not have supernatural themes and had a rational explanation for things, eg in UC3 a lot of things were down to hallucinations caused by chemicals in the drinking water etc.

I agree with what you're saying about a Joel ghost thing being silly. Can't see that happening

Personally thought it was hugely predicting playing on those same old human emotions, IMO it's not a patch on the classical Final Fantasy or even Metal gear solid.

I can't disagree with you as in both of those game franchises I haven't got a clue what's going on storywise :D.

Metal Gear games are great, but largely a convoluted mess storywise.

I've not played many of the Final Fantasy games, but I wouldn't rate any of what I have played above TLOU. I agree with those that say TLOU is the best. It's as close to gaming perfection as it gets.

and strangely she no longer looks like Ellen Page
That's because Ellen Page still looks 12 even though she must be getting on to 30 by now.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom