The Last of Us Part II (PS4)

It's just one dynamic theme.
During the daytime you'll get the guitar one and then at night the one with the knife.

There's a few other non LoU themes that change depending on the time of day that it is too. Firewatch being the main one that I remember (and still often use)
I wondered why I didn't get the numbers job on Countdown when Carol Vorderman left. :laugh:

Will just pop this here as I know some might not see it in the TV section.

Colour me excited beyond the ridiculous.

Sounds great, Chernobyl is brilliant.

I don't like the idea of an adaptation. The game works on a cinematic level as it is.

It does, but nothing wrong with an adaptation if it's done well.

HBO, Mazin, Druckmann.

That's not a bad trio to take it on.

Will just pop this here as I know some might not see it in the TV section.

Colour me excited beyond the ridiculous.

Oh I'll really be looking forward to this!

If the casting director has any credibility, these have to be nailed on for the lead roles.

Joel: Nikolaj CosterWaldau
1583434179284.png

Ellie: Kaitlyn Dever
1583434290338.png

Can CosterWaldau pull off that grizzled American accent though?

They were doing the rounds pretty much straight away.

I'm sure Nik could learn.

People also liking Hugh Jackman for the role of Joel.

Logan was basically a Last of Us variant.

It does, but nothing wrong with an adaptation if it's done well.

HBO, Mazin, Druckmann.

That's not a bad trio to take it on.

Sure, it could be in worser hands, for sure, but it feels redundant. Someone mentioned Logan, but theres also The Road and The Girl With All The Gifts.

I just don't see what a series would offer over the game and similar films like it.

Sony has posted on twitter that they have delayed the game until further notice

"SIE has made the difficult decision to delay the launch of The Last of Us Part II and Marvel's Iron Man VR until further notice. Logistically, the global crisis is preventing us from providing the launch experience our players deserve."

Sony has posted on twitter that they have delayed the game until further notice

"SIE has made the difficult decision to delay the launch of The Last of Us Part II and Marvel's Iron Man VR until further notice. Logistically, the global crisis is preventing us from providing the launch experience our players deserve."

Gutted, they should just release it now digitally, most at home self isolating, they would sell a whole lot more than it was going to sell anyway.

If these games are being delayed... Surely its doubtful for the ps5... And I'm f'ing gutted

Still think they should just release it digitally, i imagine over 90 percent of ps4 owners use it online so could download it?
It makes business sense to Delay but given the game it is I think allowing Everyone possible to get it and not just those who go digital is the correct call.

I have no idea in general how impacted the disc side of it would be though. I mean Square have allowed FF7 to be released earlier to cover those not getting the disc when expected so theres obviously bouind to be some issues there.

I'm 100% digital so would be very happy to see it but I also understand the choice to an extent.

It makes business sense to Delay but given the game it is I think allowing Everyone possible to get it and not just those who go digital is the correct call.

I have no idea in general how impacted the disc side of it would be though. I mean Square have allowed FF7 to be released earlier to cover those not getting the disc when expected so theres obviously bouind to be some issues there.

I'm 100% digital so would be very happy to see it but I also understand the choice to an extent.
I don't understand their choice really, game is nearly finished, push it out digitally and then when they can release the disc, this pandemic could be going on for the rest of the year. Nobody knows.

I don't understand their choice really, game is nearly finished, push it out digitally and then when they can release the disc, this pandemic could be going on for the rest of the year. Nobody knows.

I think they just want everyone to get it at the same time.

I think they just want everyone to get it at the same time.
And they will eventually, instead of doing say 75 percent of sales now with the other 25 percent later, they are going to punish everyone. I don't think releasing the disc at a later date when possible will impact potential sales of the game. Makes no sense to me financially.
If they had said due to the game being post apocalyptic due to the fungus is a little insensitive in the current climate then I would agree more.
But its still just a game and one that many millions are looking forward too.

Surely Ghost of Tsushima will get pushed back as well now. Shame.

Expected, but gutting. Was really looking forward to this.

If both next gen consoles hit their estimated release date of holiday 2020 I'll be amazed now, this thing is starting to impact everything, tv shows, movie productions are getting shut down left right and centre. Worst case scenario that social distancing is still moderatley in effect they can't expect crowds of people bursting into game stores to snap up the latest consoles, especially as this is the reasoning for the delay to The Last Of Us 2 "players won't get the launch experience they truly deserve"

Whilst its gutting to be honest it gives me more time to work through my immense backlog, especially as we're in lockdown and I've been furloughed, with only 80% wages I can't afford dozens of new games and next gen consoles ;)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom