The learning to play for real thread

I've been Furloughed now for the last 3 weeks, went back for a week then furloughed again.
Whether I'll have a job at the end of all this I'm not sure, pretty grim at present.

I've had no such luck of getting plenty of practice in, wife's working from home, we've been sharing the home schooling between us for our 6yo daughter. She's been bloody hard work the daughter, driving us crazy, we've all been falling out too.
Been quite stressful to say the least!
Still married atm tho.:)

Thankfully I've been able to get out 3 to 4 times a week running, I've lost over a stone in the process, and ran a few Half marathon distances too, I'm running nearly 200km ish per month,
I'd never thought in a million years I'd enjoy running.

Well done @Andrew your looking great!

Yes it really is a good feeling when you can play a song start to finish, I've got a few under my fingers now, not great, but at least I can struggle through.

Had to knock my lessons on the head, just been to busy since the Covid 19 stuff kicked in.

My wife is a lecturer and it’s been non-stop since we have been off. Youngest going back to school for a couple of days a week now and honestly it may save our marriage.

I work for the NHS (not front line) so didn't stop going in. Having said that with the gym, shops, restaurants and pubs shut I’ve still been at home more. Just haven’t gotten back into my old guitar routine, but at least I,m picking it up sporadically now!
Looks like I've got this weekend free so will try to finish and record a couple of the blues you can use tracks I was learning 😬

I'd never thought in a million years I'd enjoy running.
Well done @Andrew your looking great!

Yes, there are two things in my life that I still find hard to believe.

That after many failed attempts, in my late 50s I actually learnt to play guitar to a reasonable level (thank you Rockband/Rocksmith and guys on this forum).

That on my 61st birthday, partly due to buying an Apple Watch, I started running, and actually enjoy it. A lot, especially Parkruns where the atmosphere is something else. The next best feeling to completing a gig!

Got it, thanks mate.

I usually just do a search on CustomTone for whatever song I want, something usually shows up. Can be a bit hit and miss quality wise though.

Normally just grab the highest rated couple.

Really need to sit down and watch some YouTube tutorials and start using it properly. There‘s loads it can do, as you know. Most of it way beyond my understanding though :laugh:

That's part why I sold my Helix, way over kill for me.
I've only just got round to starting tweaking tones with the Wazza headphones. The app can be hard work, but think I've finally got the hang of it. Got some good tones now for some individual songs, it's hard work having to take your hands off the guitar tho to change patches in a song by pressing the button on the side of the headphones.

Still got mine on order at Amazon, still no sign of a date for them.

I’ve seen some of the other online stores saying next stock due July, but no idea how likely that is.

Yes, there are two things in my life that I still find hard to believe.

That after many failed attempts, in my late 50s I actually learnt to play guitar to a reasonable level (thank you Rockband/Rocksmith and guys on this forum).

That on my 61st birthday, partly due to buying an Apple Watch, I started running, and actually enjoy it. A lot, especially Parkruns where the atmosphere is something else. The next best feeling to completing a gig!

You look great for it. Keep it up mate!

Need to get off my arse and do some exercise, gradually turning into a blob all the crap I’m eating being stuck in the house.

I've just lately started to make my own patches on the Wazzas, feel a little embarrassed that I've only just got my head round how to use the Boss Interface and buttons on the actual amp.
I found it very confusing turning the dials etc to the right turns on the mod instead of the Boost etc, then the differnt coloured lights for different pedals for that effect.

The app for the Wazza is the same principle, but lay out different, can be hard work at times, and I've finally got my head round how to save patches and swap them in and out from the librarian.
Only took me about 2 years.

I've never plugged my Katana into my PC, just use whatever effects are built in. So no idea how it even works.

That was pretty much the reason I bought it though, just to have a non-complicated amp that I could just plug into without having to stress over a hundred things to tweak. Got the Helix for that :)

I've never plugged my Katana into my PC, just use whatever effects are built in. So no idea how it even works.

That was pretty much the reason I bought it though, just to have a non-complicated amp that I could just plug into without having to stress over a hundred things to tweak. Got the Helix for that :)
There's a app in the Playstore for Android called Librarian, I hook this up with a OTG cable to my tablet, it's a great app, you can have more than 3 effects at a time on, handily has virtual GAFC for switching patches etc.
Can have it on your phone.to.

Doesn't look like there's anything for iPhone.
Oops sorry, yeah I think it's Android only, about time you got out of the Apple garden and come over to the bright side.;)

No thanks! I’ve got a Samsung Android phone for work and I hate it :laugh:

No thanks! I’ve got a Samsung Android phone for work and I hate it :laugh:
Ha ha, I use to be a massive Apple fan boy, Samsung S8 now, best phone I've ever had.
Can't stand Apple now, funny how things change.

Thought I'd try some new strings from my usual Ernie Ball Hybrids.
20200619_163126.jpg

Haha evening gents
Been soooo long since Iv even signed into these forums so obviously not been upto date with everything

How’s everyone hope all is well during these bizarre times

Wow mate, I thought you had joined the foreign legion. Must be a couple of years? Hope you are keeping well :cool:

Yeah mate very well haha
Moved job nearly 2 years ago now work nights so alls good very good
Still play guitar but not as much atm
Still biking ect
Been working during lockdown so trying to stay safe ect

Foreign legion wouldn’t have me haha

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom