The learning to play for real thread

Guns_LotsOfGuns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Carries on from here http://www.avforums.com/forums/xbox-360-music-games/1765426-learning-play-real-thread-part-6-a.html

Last few posts

Nice one Christian, very 80's rock. :smashin:

Have a look at the virtual tour on the website, the whole complex is like a village!! Company Info - Thomann UK

Thomann are a funny one. When I was looking for the CP 50's Strat everything was much cheaper than here, but now most things are more expensive than the UK. The exchange rate hasn't changed that much.
Excellent service though, I think I'm getting my pickups from there as they are cheaper than here no one in the UK sells hte Texas Specials individually.

Lol, I actually thought it was the ugliest of the 3 but its grown on me :D

Noticed the JTV59 colouring is like a holograph! Looks like two layers?

Admin have found us!

Have a go

Participated!

Anyone sad we're not knee deep in mud at Glastonbury?

Not me :)

Wouldn't have minded seeing the Stones though.

Think I saw something mentioned that they do glamping now. May be tempted next year if the line up is good ;)

They certainly did at reading last year :)

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

If you haven't found it already check out YouTube channel YTMalero goes along with website Free Guitar Lessons :)
Just come across it and seems like some good lessons, although very different in style to justin/marty ones.
He plays the song through then breaks it down and shows each chord/note and strumming/picking really slowly. No talking at all, just a clear look at what's going on :)

Been watching a pedal on the bay all week no bids under 3 mins left putting in my bid
And he pulls it, he pulled it cheeky ****
So I messages him, he said he didn't think it was gonna sell so he pulled it. Translated to didn't want it selling for that low
He's offered me it for £9 more I assume that includes postage. Otherwise it's £19 more what to do

Bad form on his part. I complained to ebay when it happened to me but they said it happens. Thought couldn't cancel in last 24 hours but maybe wrong.

Bad form on his part. I complained to ebay when it happened to me but they said it happens. Thought couldn't cancel in last 24 hours but maybe wrong.

I think it's only when there's been a bid that u might no be able to cancel
But not sure tbh

If you are interested I'd try half way and offer him a slightly lower price, lets face it someone could have still trumped you at 10s

I actually feel sorry for people where they have sold something for much less than they expected. Bought a few things now where if the buyer had backed out I'd have grumbled but accepted it.

Saying that I now generally always try and leave it to the last 10s if I can before I put a bid in. I've lost count of the number of times this has happened to me and I've lost something by a quid or two. Started to realise that bidding early can fuel a bidding war and push the price up, especially if someone has bid before you. If you can't beat them...:D

No biggie he said someone offered him £75 collected but want to offer it to me £79
Think he's trying the old someone else is interested lol we've all been there before

I listed my line6 amp today for £150. Plus my Jackson for combined £200
Someone offered £50 or the Jackson I'm happy with that
I listed as roadworn :) I call it character others might say battered lol but he's coming tomorrow.
Got to the point where I don't see the point of having stuff that I simply just keep or use.
Wolfie going nowhere, PRS staying for the current future, need the same strat as Nick the plus top with floyd.
A tele. And the guitar that's on order :)
Plus back seems to have slightly eased to the point where I can sit up

Bri

Sounds like it, you could always leave it a couple of days and then offer him a cheeky price. He may decide it's worth it to save on the ebay fee, probably has GAS for something like the rest of us ;)

Good choice. Sure you can pick up another Jackson, although it can be hard to let go. That plus top is very nice and a keeper :smashin:

Got my LP on Gumtree and thought I'd sold it today, but buyer couldn't make it in the end. Not in any hurry gives me chance to give it a good play before it goes. PRS next which will make me sad, but I need to swap the original pickups back in first.

Found someone after putting add on gumtree for phaser.......but hes in Inverness
Anyone live near there lol

Been checking out the jim root telecaster very nice after watching stone sour on download they do a squire version also @ £320 I think damn
Housebound on my week off, maybe just as well

Housebound on my week off, maybe just as well

Off sick, or just unlucky the back went when you have leave?

Not going to be good for your GAS:laugh:

Wolfie going nowhere, PRS staying for the current future, need the same strat as Nick the plus top with floyd.
A tele. And the guitar that's on order :)
Plus back seems to have slightly eased to the point where I can sit up

Bri

That plus top is very nice and a keeper :smashin:

Still loving the new Strat, but the pickups (humbucker at least) need replacing. It sounds ok, but too muddy for my liking. I played the EVH with the same 80's settings on the Blackstar and it was much better.
Hope the back gets better Bri, I know exactly what that's like!

Off sick, or just unlucky the back went when you have leave?

Not going to be good for your GAS:laugh:

I know that's when I do all my spending! :facepalm:

Cheers mateys :)

Had put holiday in for this week then done my back. Just my luck

I always intended to get a Strat at Christmas time. No change there and the plus top it will be

The stars Nick do they cover all the fret or are they purely the star shape

Cheers mateys :)

Had put holiday in for this week then done my back. Just my luck

I always intended to get a Strat at Christmas time. No change there and the plus top it will be

The stars Nick do they cover all the fret or are they purely the star shape

No they're just the star shape. You can't feel them when playing, but you obviously can with no strings on. They do gather muck and gunk (like the frets do) but it's easily wiped off. Not sure how long they'll last, but can't grumble for £7.
I think some, like the tree of life, are the whole fret.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom