The learning to play for real thread

I picked up my acoustic tonigth, opend a book of tab/chords and pretty much played any song with little effort, looking at the tab and not wondering where my hands were supposed to be going. I see progress :)

Nice isn't it when the hours put in start to pay dividends.

:laugh:

You're probably right when you look at it objectively, it's just it never seems like it :)

It jus never feels like you're getting anywhere, until you look back at what you couldn't do a while ago and you now realise you're actually doing it without even thinking about it :)

Which is exactly what Tone said :)

Barre chords probably being one of the most recent examples, they used to give me nightmares and sore fingers! Now I just play them :)

:laugh:

You're probably right when you look at it objectively, it's just it never seems like it :)

It jus never feels like you're getting anywhere, until you look back at what you couldn't do a while ago and you now realise you're actually doing it without even thinking about it :)

Which is exactly what Tone said :)

Barre chords probably being one of the most recent examples, they used to give me nightmares and sore fingers! Now I just play them :)

And Arpeggios. As long as all going same way, LOL

Definitely.

Although I am having a little success with Kryptonite with them changing direction, only a little mind, not quite ready to tackle any more Rush songs yet :)

And Arpeggios. As long as all going same way, LOL

I realise that I must work out how to play these properly, each time I have a song with them in I find i struggle, I guess you have to to go to RR and figure out the finger pattern properly, it's not easy to do it whilst playing the song in rehearsal mode, well at least for me.

Not easy for me either. The trick is to figure out the chord, which is easier said than done, unless you've got all the notes showing and even then it's not easy. I hope in 2014 they show you the chord name like they do with normal chords.

Once you know the chord you can just keep you're fingers in position and play the strings, still not easy though :)

Look at the 3 chords Bri pointed out for Kryptonite. I had a quick go holding them down instead of playing what seemed like random notes. Much easier.

Yep said it before and again the way riff repeater and the game works
It seemingly throws random note to play. Now if it had the chord shape before so you know what you are playing
It would certainly help. And jumping up to 100% helps immensely to be the idea what your playing.

Rockband got it so right on so many levels it wasn't true. It's possible only failure was the guitar
If they had the rocksmith note tracking with real guitars then I'm not sure rocksmith would of survived
But that's my opinion

Bri

The Rockband setlist in it's own makes it better.

If they'd even just done things better with the Squier, it could have all been so different.

Having played adaptive difficulty for some time now, I would swap it and go back to Rocksmith's Easy, Medium, Hard and Expert. You knew where you were, and could jump in pre-determined steps. I see what they are trying to do, but its such a pain on Arpeggios. And I think there was nothing wrong with a complete beginner starting at Easy. If we went to it now, most of us would start at Medium/Hard and then progress to Expert.

It'll be interesting to see how we find Bandfuse works, then we should be able to compare both methods reasonably well.

Well if it keeps raining I won't be out on my bike tonight so I can sit in and work it out in RR.
Not that I really mind the rain whilst biking, but the last two falls I've had were both in the wet, and I want to stay upright long enough to get 100% fit!

Well if it keeps raining I won't be out on my bike tonight so I can sit in and work it out in RR.
Not that I really mind the rain whilst biking, but the last two falls I've had were both in the wet, and I want to stay upright long enough to get 100% fit!

Road bike? I came off in on a damp patch a couple years ago doing 15-20mph and picked up some nice gravel rash :facepalm:

I’m just starting back cycling, but only used the MTB so far. Will dust the road bike off next month once I’m up to speed and lost another few pounds!

Picked up a the hard case for the strat/tele. Didn’t work out well though. Collected it and then when I picked it up to take it out the car and the handle snapped off!! :mad:

Spoke to the seller and it looks like she’ll give me my money back. Good job my guitar wasn’t in it!

Road bike? I came off in on a damp patch a couple years ago doing 15-20mph and picked up some nice gravel rash :facepalm:

Yeah, I have a nice road bike, had two heavy falls back to back - one just before winter set in and the last a month ago just as the ice age was retreating. Gave my ribs a nasty kicking, just feeling better now!

http://lycralouts.net/a-dose-of-man-the-****-up/

Rockband got it so right on so many levels it wasn't true. It's possible only failure was the guitar
If they had the rocksmith note tracking with real guitars then I'm not sure rocksmith would of survived

Too true, i just wonder if the companies over Harmonix, and pandering to shareholders + profits was more to do with the problems than failure on their part?

Yeah, I have a nice road bike, had two heavy falls back to back - one just before winter set in and the last a month ago just as the ice age was retreating. Gave my ribs a nasty kicking, just feeling better now!

Ouch…. feel for you matey, ribs can take ages to heal :(

I rode from Bluewater (North Kent) to the Eifel tower a couple years ago...... and the bike hasn’t turned a wheel since :rolleyes: Pushed it a little hard (having never done that sort of distance) and thought I’d take a break from it for a couple months but never got back into the routine again.
Stopping the cycling (as well kick boxing) I’ve slowly packed on around three stone, so a good time to get back into it, beats cardio in the gym!

Woohoo, nice delivery man dropped off a nice big box :D

ImageUploadedByAVForums1372855857.382168.jpg

Very nice! Congrats Christian :)

Let's hope this one is hassle free!

Congrats, all good condition?

Thanks, very happy. :D

It looks better than the pictures do justice and feels a really nice guitar to play. A bit better balanced than the 59 and the switches blend in really well. The 5 way selector makes a lot more sense and the neck actually feels better than the N2 (thinner/wider) which has surprised me.

Again I can't fault the setup and this is definately A1 condition. Not a mark on the guitar anywhere.

For 100 quid cheaper than the JTV59 I'm very happy. The 59 was very pretty though :D

Looks very nice, I must admit I'd prefer a simpler 5-way switch than the 'Tekken' combo moves you need to memorise to switch to a new model on the '59!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom