The learning to play - Soundcloud clips

Cool just picked a song at random loaded into my DAW, learnt it in 15 minutes from ear. Played through a few times then recorded. Wasn't sure about the guitar tone so I double tracked it.

Very rough and ready but pleased that it took less an hour all in - maybe 40 minutes wasn't keeping track.

Edit: oh it's been removed for copyright reasons :(...try dropbox

Dropbox - pink - start a fight - 18:04:2019, 21.35.mp3

Last edited:
Yeah, DAWs are useful for analysing playback, can't always tell if you're in tune, time, etc, when playing.

Short punk song I recorded last week, few flat bends... the usual, gotta start practising more!
5 Lessons Learned Guitar Cover

Made backing track from a guitar pro file, should be downloadable if anyone wants it (click '...More' button for drop down menu).
5 Lessons Learned Backing Track 152bpm

Original song if you've not heard it before, vocals always reminded me of Paul Di'anno (early Maiden singer)

Thanks, original version the guitarist speeds up 5~10% when drums stop on 1st riff, then goes back to normal tempo. Tried to recreate it (variable tempo track) but it's hard to make it sound natural with drum machine/vst.

Something I wrote in about 1983 as a ballad. Reworked it with more of an upbeat tempo and played it live for the first time at an open mic, just before the lock down. This is the 'studio' version recorded in my spare room. Of course I'm never fully happy with anything I record, but time to let it out there I think:

Thanks Donnacha. :) I played everything; added the percussion parts separately all using my Roland TD30 kit. Guitars are through my Vox MV50AC straight into the Tascam, Washburn acoustic and P Bass just straight in with a bit of compression/eq. I used a slapback echo on the main vocal and just a ton of reverb on the harmony track.
Got a nice email back from my guitar tutor about it as he had dissected this song for me at one of our last Rock Project classes: I didn't know what key it was in, he worked it out that it is in C as I thought it was A minor but wasn't sure. :blush:

By odd coincidence I decided to start learning how to use Garageband last December, after a few previous failed attempts. One lockdown later I've created this original punk anthem!

We Hate You Simon Cowell

My latest original creation is a sombre tune about this years Covid crisis. Only one guitar, but on multiple tracks with differing pedals.

Imperfect Vision

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom