The Mandalorian (Disney Plus) Seasons 1-2

There’s really very little going on here is there. It does make me laugh that other forms of SW gets absolutely rinsed for fan service yet this does basically nothing except fan service and it gets fawned over.

I dont think fan service is the problem for critics of modern star wars films, and I also dont think Mandalorian gets exactly fawned over. The consensus -and I'd agree- is that it's a solid step in the right direction, worthy of some healthy praise. I'd say it needs to up its game a notch or two for the next season though; I want to get the same thrills from this I got from the recent Clone Wars episodes the other day.

Season 2 casting news, potentially spoilerish (but I do expect the news to be everywhere).

I didn’t realise but
he was already in it apparently, at the end of ep 5 !

Yes just read that too and had no idea! I do remember the scene though.

Pretty exciting I guess and bit of a no brainer for Disney. I never quite got over George replacing the original menacing voine, and adding
Morrison's rather naff dulcet tones for the Special Editions though....

I would be nice if some of these characters actually stayed dead in the SW universe. You only have to look at Rise of Skywalker for a plenty of this going on. I mean, the dude WAS
eaten by a dirty great Sarlaac after all. Clearly Mandalorian wasn't on the menu that day...

I can see the fanboys demanding the inevitable showdown between the complex title character and
the more villainous Fett. Not sure we'll get it that early in Season 2 though. More likely saved for later seasons...

I can see the fanboys demanding the inevitable showdown between the complex title character and
the more villainous Fett. Not sure we'll get it that early in Season 2 though. More likely saved for later seasons...
When helmets collide.... or is that a different form of entertainment ! ?
😬

Last edited:

I think Dave Filoni is looking to spin off a live action show with characters from Clone Wars. Which actually sounds quite cool. Katee Sackhoff and Rosario Dawson in a Star Wars show would be okay with me.

I left my thoughts on the first season in the other thread, but now I can finally read spoilers I like the sounds of where this looks like it may be going.

It's got potential to be huge, and there's so much material they can play with.

I'm looking forward to Season 2 picking things up a bit. Moving to the next level.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom