The Mandalorian (Disney Plus) Seasons 1-2

season 2 generally has the luxury of not having to establish all the things season 1's can get bogged down in. Not that anything Star Wars related really has any world building left to do, but now we have the mechanics out the way with the guild, the Mandalorians, and the child, I hope season 2's going to manage to navigate around the flat spots season 1 found itself in midway through.
The last couple of episodes saved it, for me, pulling it back on track after a very flacid mid section. It took a few episodes to really warm to it, and it flatlined before kicking back into life again, but it's the last thing left that's keeping me interested in the Star Wars universe. The last thing that's not called Rogue One, anyway.

season 2 generally has the luxury of not having to establish all the things season 1's can get bogged down in. Not that anything Star Wars related really has any world building left to do, but now we have the mechanics out the way with the guild, the Mandalorians, and the child, I hope season 2's going to manage to navigate around the flat spots season 1 found itself in midway through.
The last couple of episodes saved it, for me, pulling it back on track after a very flacid mid section. It took a few episodes to really warm to it, and it flatlined before kicking back into life again, but it's the last thing left that's keeping me interested in the Star Wars universe. The last thing that's not called Rogue One, anyway.
I think the sequel trilogy showed the importance of world building by its sheer lack of it. Even in SW world building and exposition is critical.

Agree with your other comments, after a great start, the middle was pretty meh but the last two Eps really cranked it up.

Looking forward to season 2.

Hopefully Gina carano will be back, she's absolutely stunning.

I'm really looking forward to this. The first season was mainly brilliant. There were a few dud episodes but thats to be expected from a first season series. Remember TNG? Ouch.

Looks like they were very lucky to finish this on time according to Kennedy:

You finished the second season of “The Mandalorian” right under the wire before the shutdown, right?

Under the wire? It was literally five days and the country went down. We were enormously lucky, and then we didn’t wait (to finish postproduction). Even though we wondered to what extent people could work remotely, our IT department and ILM had everybody up and running within a week, working from home and continuing to work in the cutting room and on visual effects shots. It was pretty staggering how quickly they got everybody up and running. So we haven’t really lost any time.

Boom!!

October 30th for Season 2.

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks like more of the same. And that's just fine with me!

Looks good. I am liking the hint of a major story in the background.

Looks awesome - and a top baby yoda moment too.

Also picking up the same approach as with Filoni's Clone Wars - first season sets up the characters, touches on an overall arc and then the second season gets down to business.

As someone who was slightly disappointed by the flimsiness of S1, have to say, the trailer for S2 looks great 😁

‘Fans’ calling for Gina to be sacked -
I read all about this the other day.
It’s absolutely disgusting and is just bullying of the highest level. Gina has done nothing wrong and all these folks ramming diversity and all these woke groups down our throats are more guilty of the crimes they claim than the people they chastise.
Why does she HAVE to alter her public views to suit them? The world is getting more and more twisted and nasty every day and social media has had a massive detrimental effect on society.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom