The Official AVForums Car Showroom Thread Pt3

Cracking cars, I love my manual M140i Can’t think of many better cars for similar money

Nice, I am a big fan of cean minmalist white cars, I always end up popping them on coilovers adding some camber and wheel width or 10mm spacers and getting that slightly hunkered down look, would look great on the 140i o_O

very nice - gentian blue? 2.5 GTS?

I have had mine for 20 months now - what a car!

I share your frustration in being limited in enjoying your car

kjkC3EC.jpg

Wrong thread? (Should be in the bad parking one ;))

Just kidding, lovely car :thumbsup:

lol

it is a church car park 200 yards from my house and the only time I have ever been on there

it was really bad parking

UJlDj96.jpg

very nice - gentian blue? 2.5 GTS?

I have had mine for 20 months now - what a car!

I share your frustration in being limited in enjoying your car

kjkC3EC.jpg
Spot on.

Yours is lovely. Do I see a hint of red interior? Stunning.

yes it has 2 tone leather as I am not an alcantara fan - black over bordeaux

W2FZRCs.jpg

ah I thought I recognised the input

that's why you didn't fit in then?

Hi everyone, I thought I would share my recent change in cars.
I Sold my Mazda 6 Estate 2.2Ltr D and then brought a MK7 Astra 1.4 Ltr turbo petrol.
The reason being, When I got the Mazda we had just had a baby and I traveled a far bit to work., so the extra space and the great MPG was ideal. But now, I work locally, and my daughters older, so we don't need to carry all the baby stuff around.
The other reason was, the faults. I had power issues where I think the turbo was faulty, Oil sensor issues, oil issues, so I think I made a good choice to sell.

my car+.jpg

20191128_133230.jpg

I have had it since the start of December 2019 and So far, its been great. I wasn't too sure with Vauxhall as they have had some bad history, but I am glad to report no faults yet. The mods I have currently done,
Fitted front and rear Nextbase dash cams.
Changed the horrible yellow light headlight bulbs for some OSRAM Cool Blue Intense ones.
Changed the air filter to a K&N one.

Things to get done next, oil and oil filter, change all four tyres to Pilot sport 4, window tint, then have a look at getting the door mirrors to automatically fold when locking the car. (If someone knows someone that can do this, please let me know.)

What do you guys think, any issues to look out for?

My current cars:

Clean1.jpg

Porsche Cayenne. Owned for four and a half years. Love it! Hardly worth anything now so probably will keep until it stops working as its so comfortable and practical and (aside from MPG - and heated seats if I'm picky) is everything I need in a car.

huddersfield-con1.jpg

Chevrolet Camaro. Bumblebee style, loved the film, loved the car. We mainly use it for shows and suchlike, or just fun days out. Gets attention everywhere. Just a very happy car, makes people smile! :) Will probably never sell.

CMAX.jpg

2008 Ford C-Max. Bought from a friend to replace our temporary Audi TT. That had to go as it wasn't practical and the heavy steering wasn't compatable with the wifes bad shoulder. So this is a stop gap until we get something else once the world opens up again. Really practical and comfortable too - and it has built in window blinds and folding trays in the back (daughter calls them aeroplane seats!). Why don't all family cars have these, they are brilliant?!

Oops.

Porsche Cayenne. Owned for four and a half years. Love it! Hardly worth anything now so probably will keep until it stops working as its so comfortable and practical and (aside from MPG - and heated seats if I'm picky) is everything I need in a car.
How have you found the long term reliability of this? I have never owned a Porsche beyond the warranty period but my current one is a keeper.

How have you found the long term reliability of this? I have never owned a Porsche beyond the warranty period but my current one is a keeper.

So far, it has been pretty good. Its a 2005 model, so 15 years old now, so would expect some problems as things start to wear out. My previous Porsches have been quite costly to run, but this one has been pretty good so far (touching lots of wood!). I keep a blog of it online (motorcloud.net), but here is a breakdown as of January time:

COMPLETE COST OF OWNERSHIP UP TO FOUR YEAR MARK

The car was due a service when I bought it which started things off:
  • Minor service, wiper blades and brake fluid: £254
  • Number plates for my personal registration: £20
  • Valet to get rid of the smoke smell (can’t remember the cost, lets say £80)
  • New key fob (it only came with one and I wanted two): £239
  • Alternator refurb and refit: £216
  • 4x budget tyres (Top-notch stuff isn’t really required for our use): £350
  • Annual / Oil Change service: £118
  • MOT: £88
  • Window Regulator and new rear glass micro switch: £330
  • Major service including spark plugs and brake fluid, plus a new rear wiper blade and front side light bulb: £394
  • Replacement of driver side Window regulator: £258
  • Oil Change service: £120
  • New front headlight bulb from Porsche: £18
  • Front Tyres: £195 (Black Circles)
  • Tracking for tyres (they were wearing unevenly: £30
  • 2019 – Rear Tyres (Black Circles) £188.50
  • 2019 – New wiper blades and fixing of the fuel flap switch (which broke so I couldn’t open it). £90
  • 2019 – Minor Service £174
TOTAL RUNNING COSTS FOR 4 YEARS OWNERSHIP: £3162.50 (£65.88 per month).
DEPRECIATION (Purchased at £7k, I think it is now worth perhaps £3200): £3800 (£79.17 per month).

TOTAL COST OF OWNERSHIP (not including tax, petrol or insurance): £6962.50 (£145 per month).

There are a few other bits that could do with repairing now as well that have broken, such as the LCD display in the centre of the speedo fades after about 15 mins of driving (common fault for this model), and the warning buzzer if you have left your lights on no longer buzzes. But these are age related issues and minor relative to what could go wrong on these! :)

So far, it has been pretty good. Its a 2005 model, so 15 years old now, so would expect some problems as things start to wear out. My previous Porsches have been quite costly to run, but this one has been pretty good so far (touching lots of wood!). I keep a blog of it online (motorcloud.net), but here is a breakdown as of January time:

COMPLETE COST OF OWNERSHIP UP TO FOUR YEAR MARK

The car was due a service when I bought it which started things off:
  • Minor service, wiper blades and brake fluid: £254
  • Number plates for my personal registration: £20
  • Valet to get rid of the smoke smell (can’t remember the cost, lets say £80)
  • New key fob (it only came with one and I wanted two): £239
  • Alternator refurb and refit: £216
  • 4x budget tyres (Top-notch stuff isn’t really required for our use): £350
  • Annual / Oil Change service: £118
  • MOT: £88
  • Window Regulator and new rear glass micro switch: £330
  • Major service including spark plugs and brake fluid, plus a new rear wiper blade and front side light bulb: £394
  • Replacement of driver side Window regulator: £258
  • Oil Change service: £120
  • New front headlight bulb from Porsche: £18
  • Front Tyres: £195 (Black Circles)
  • Tracking for tyres (they were wearing unevenly: £30
  • 2019 – Rear Tyres (Black Circles) £188.50
  • 2019 – New wiper blades and fixing of the fuel flap switch (which broke so I couldn’t open it). £90
  • 2019 – Minor Service £174
TOTAL RUNNING COSTS FOR 4 YEARS OWNERSHIP: £3162.50 (£65.88 per month).
DEPRECIATION (Purchased at £7k, I think it is now worth perhaps £3200): £3800 (£79.17 per month).

TOTAL COST OF OWNERSHIP (not including tax, petrol or insurance): £6962.50 (£145 per month).

There are a few other bits that could do with repairing now as well that have broken, such as the LCD display in the centre of the speedo fades after about 15 mins of driving (common fault for this model), and the warning buzzer if you have left your lights on no longer buzzes. But these are age related issues and minor relative to what could go wrong on these! :)
Good summary, thanks :smashin:

My neighbours recent addition, sounded like the Kraken awakening this morning. Note how it sits lower than his garden wall....absolute weapon.
05459CE5-9F48-40D1-97A4-51C766D74FCB.jpeg
17EE7727-4E73-43AB-A20D-EE224CA85B21.jpeg

At around 20K miles my standard exhaust became really deep and loud as it was. I bet that Remus makes it sound like a very angry wild beast 😂

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom