The Old Guard (July 10th, 2020)

Marks out of Ten

• Total voters
Theron certainly picks some strange films. Whilst I can see why she adds the likes of the F & F films to her CV, they're pretty much guaranteed box office gold. This looks more like standard Netflix fare. Anyone who's seen her in the likes of Monster and Tully will know she's capable of so much more.
Having said that, if the official AVF review is favourable, I'll give it go.

1589615465325.png

There can be only Theron!

Trailer set for this Thursday.

The tagline could be:

Forever is harder than it looks (but not if it looks as good as Charlize Theron)

:D

Reviews -

Reviews -

The earlier trailer didn’t do anything for me; it looked a lot more fun (with a bit more substance than normal with this type of movie) on the more recent trailer. Interesting that the UK critics/magazines on that RT list haven’t really gone for it.

Basically vampires if you get my drift, but maybe harder to kill

Well that's tonight's viewing sorted out then. :thumbsup:

I watched it last night and thought it was really good.
Shades of "Highlander" in some ways.
Charlize Theron seems to be the "go-to" female badass these days - and she's very good at it.

Decent story, loads of action, decent (if subtle) Dolby Vision and an excellent Dolby Atmos track.

A bit "meh" for me.

Had a lot of potential that wasn't fulfilled. It was very generic and as for that awful soundtrack...

The action was decent, some of the choreography just seemed too choreographed though IMO.

The potential to show them through the ages, how they met, their battles and losses along the way, the reasons for Andy being so jaded and lost. These would have made it a much better movie for me.

Just got around to seeing it and was very underwhemed. One thing I did like was he subplot about the
iron casket. Well thought out and proper!y creepy.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom