The One and Only Ivan (Disney+) Movie Review & Comments

Casimir Harlow

Movies Editor
Reaction score
I haven't watched anything on Disney for months now. Got the year for £30. But even that seems poor value now.

It sounds like they spent their budget on actors and cgi. Then with whatever was left over they got a director and screenwriter.
I haven't watched anything on Disney for months now. Got the year for £30. But even that seems poor value now.
I thought about that offer but in the end, it seemed pretty obvious that they had nothing lined up other than the a couple of Marvel shows and those aren't even available now.

It sounds like they spent their budget on actors and cgi. Then with whatever was left over they got a director and screenwriter.

I thought about that offer but in the end, it seemed pretty obvious that they had nothing lined up other than the a couple of Marvel shows and those aren't even available now.
The two marvel shows which we should have had were the justification for getting a year for me. I thought they're probably worth a tenner each to me. That'll teach me.

Call me soft but plan to watch this over the weekend , i like Mr Cranston in most things and having researched the real story thought i would give it a go.

Just finished viewing really enjoyed it so an 8 from me.

Sweet family film.
Love Cranston.... In anything really
7/10 for this true story...

To be fair this is what Disney was all about once upon a time, making the childhood fantasy films which also have appeal to adults who are young at heart.
Nowadays people have become more cynical regarding their entertainment as they are with most other things that effects their lives, so perhaps Disney should get some kudos for at least trying to revive the fantasy film genre that the whole family can watch together.
From my own point of view I always wonder at the exclusive club of actors who provide the character voices, it's basically some easy money in the bank for them, actors like Danny DeVito who must be approaching the end of his on screen career must be truly thankful for Disney and CGI.
As far as Disney+ is concerned releasing movies that normally would be released on the big screen could create a rethink about movie budgets, which could mean Disney will be making more content that could be compared with Netflix in the future.

Showed my wee boy the trailer yesterday - he looked soooo excited to see it.

Crikey, less then One & Only more like Ivan The Terrible.

Crikey, less then One & Only more like Ivan The Terrible.
its certainly not terrible and no were near as bad as the review on here. Its a typical disney tearjerker with an upbeat ending.

Decided to check out the 1st 5-10 mins, but ended up watching the entire film. Refreshing departure from the norm. At least a 7 in my books. Slightly harsh review imho.

Decided to check out the 1st 5-10 mins, but ended up watching the entire film. Refreshing departure from the norm. At least a 7 in my books. Slightly harsh review imho.
agree far better than the 5 it was awarded, assume if it starred Beyonce it would be a 10.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom