The PC General Chat Thread

What would be a decent replacement for a 3070? Budget around £400-500, Would a 7700XT be worth it? Reason being that I am not convinced that my 3070 is fully working, even with undervolting I still get black screens and fans at full blasts on some games from time to time
I'd suggest a 4070 Super tbh to get any meaningful upgrade in performance. £580 a chunk above your budget but I personally wouldnt' see the point for any smaller an upgrade in performance.

I'd suggest a 4070 Super tbh to get any meaningful upgrade in performance. £580 a chunk above your budget but I personally wouldnt' see the point for any smaller an upgrade in performance.
Yeah its why I'm waiting for the next gen to upgrade from my 3070.

What would be a decent replacement for a 3070? Budget around £400-500, Would a 7700XT be worth it? Reason being that I am not convinced that my 3070 is fully working, even with undervolting I still get black screens and fans at full blasts on some games from time to time

Which 3070 do you have?

gigabyte rtx 3070

OK, I was asking because I had to RMA my founders edition, one of the fans wasn't spinning up properly and made a right racket. Scan were great and replaced it promptly, and the new card has been excellent.

Which games are you having problems with? Do you have any on-screen monitoring showing what's happening at the time?

7700xt can be had for £366 with code CHICK15 ,7800xt can be had for £489 and push just past your budget 7900GRE £530
7900GRE 7800XT 7700XT

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
OK, I was asking because I had to RMA my founders edition, one of the fans wasn't spinning up properly and made a right racket. Scan were great and replaced it promptly, and the new card has been excellent.

Which games are you having problems with? Do you have any on-screen monitoring showing what's happening at the time?

In general, when its really taxed, so playing cyberpunk, horizon forbidden west etc at higher settings, overlay is showing GPU usage around 99% so I am pushing it in fairness. Researched around this for months and the results are to undervolt first and if that doesn't work then the GPU has issues.

It was second hand so it was always a risk, plus its an excuse to get something better :D

In general, when its really taxed, so playing cyberpunk, horizon forbidden west etc at higher settings, overlay is showing GPU usage around 99% so I am pushing it in fairness. Researched around this for months and the results are to undervolt first and if that doesn't work then the GPU has issues.

It was second hand so it was always a risk, plus its an excuse to get something better :D

GPU usage is how it should be and shows it's being well utilised. The fans will spin up as a result; I think you can set the fan profiles in Afterburner if you wanted to tweak anything. What kind of case do you have that it's very noticeable? I have an airflow case with no noise dampening and my FE 3070 at full blast isn't loud at all.

Black screen though, this might be any number of things. Driver issues, not enough power etc. When does it generally happen? Is it predictable? Does this happen without under-volting as well? Does it still happen if you have everything at stock, make sure your GPU and chipset drivers are fully up to date?

Used 3080ti

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom