The PC General Chat Thread

OK that subreddit wasn't safe for work!

Happy Star Wars Day everyone :)

fat-starwars-kid-o.gif

BT Yahoo mail update. Lovely - you add themes but remove the ability to resize columns so my folder structure is truncated. Switch to basic and they size to fit.

Was any testing done at all? This should have been an obvious spot.

If anyone has a few games on GoG, their client has now reached open beta stage - GOG.com It is pretty good - a steam like client without the connection or drm limitations.

Last edited:
Aaaaand finally finished uni. 5 years in the works.

Now to sit unemployed while I wait for the results :)

I see honest trailers is doing their 100th episode, I'll not post is since it's 50 shades of grey

:D

Well done mate, enjoy your time off :D

Well done mate, fingers crossed on the results. Look forward to seeing your name in the credits :clap:

Word of warning, unemployment sucks balls :thumbsdow

Never seen any of these, absolutely brilliant :rotfl::laugh::rotfl:

'what's a butt plug' :D

I'd recommend cinema sins as well as they make some funny comments on films

Dont suppose anyone can create me an ISO of Windows Server 2003 R2 Disk 2 x86 please and PM me? Not a rip from torrents or 'found' anywhere, but created from the disk, or downloaded from Microsoft.

Trying to install FSRM but we are missing the x86 version - and the x64 version will not work due to the srm dll files being different.

Thanks!

Dont suppose anyone can create me an ISO of Windows Server 2003 R2 Disk 2 x86 please and PM me? Not a rip from torrents or 'found' anywhere, but created from the disk, or downloaded from Microsoft.

Trying to install FSRM but we are missing the x86 version - and the x64 version will not work due to the srm dll files being different.

Thanks!
Obligatory mention of it being dead soon.

How soon do you need it? I might have it at home otherwise I can probably ask someone at work.

Obligatory mention of it being dead soon.

How soon do you need it? I might have it at home otherwise I can probably ask someone at work.

Yeah, we are moving to 2012 etc, but that may not be until the back end of this year, and the users are quite frankly getting on my tits with their inability to manage their user areas (thinking its a dump for their personal files or USB backups) and no amount of explaining the finite resourses currently available* seems to change their attitudes.

Tomorrow is fine mate, I have been looking about for a while for the disk, and apparently its not on technet.

* I explain that its like a massive cupboard, and if one department is using 7 shelves, this means the other departments have less to use, when I can quite happily move some of their stuff to a massive archive NAS......that we can arrange them to access should they actually need the resources dumped.

Congrats - now onto the PhD?

Just finally moved my phone to Virgin from the ****ers at BT and spent time and effort back and forth between Sky and Virgin for TV.

"I heard Virgin HD is only 720p and not 1080p?"

"Yes, we have many HD channels"

"Thats not what I asked. I said, are your HD channels broadcast at 720p or 1080p?"

"Extra HD channels are £7/month"

"No, again, thats not what I asked. Are you listening to me properly. I want to know if HD is in 720p or 1080p."

"Putting you through to Customer Services..."

....which I already had been transfered to.

I feel utterly drained.

I hate BT as lost 6-7Mbps recently due to crosstalk on my broadband.

BT customer service really is a joke. I'd switch to virgin tomorrow if I had a choice.

What makes me laugh is BT know about the issue and have downgraded the speed estimates many customers can get, while taking ages to roll out technology to counteract the issue (vectoring)

Still they only announced a £2.6 billion pre tax profit today......

Never seen any of these, absolutely brilliant :rotfl::laugh::rotfl:

'what's a butt plug' :D

Looks like they've done a watching 50 shades of grey with mom on screen junkies youtube channel :D

Just finally moved my phone to Virgin from the ******s at BT and spent time and effort back and forth between Sky and Virgin for TV.

"I heard Virgin HD is only 720p and not 1080p?"

"Yes, we have many HD channels"

"Thats not what I asked. I said, are your HD channels broadcast at 720p or 1080p?"

"Extra HD channels are £7/month"

"No, again, thats not what I asked. Are you listening to me properly. I want to know if HD is in 720p or 1080p."

"Putting you through to Customer Services..."

....which I already had been transfered to.

I feel utterly drained.
Sky HD boxes output at 720p or 1080i so not full HD either. Most of their content is 1080i I think though.

Yeah, we are moving to 2012 etc, but that may not be until the back end of this year, and the users are quite frankly getting on my tits with their inability to manage their user areas (thinking its a dump for their personal files or USB backups) and no amount of explaining the finite resourses currently available* seems to change their attitudes.

Tomorrow is fine mate, I have been looking about for a while for the disk, and apparently its not on technet.

* I explain that its like a massive cupboard, and if one department is using 7 shelves, this means the other departments have less to use, when I can quite happily move some of their stuff to a massive archive NAS......that we can arrange them to access should they actually need the resources dumped.

Sorry Theydon, the media I've got isn't for R2. I don't know how far I'll get but I can try asking at work tomorrow if you want? We've got hundreds of servers being migrated which I think will be done by the cut off.

Just opted out, thanks for that

No worries, I forgot to mention it when I opted out and as said I think it helped me out with sorting an issue.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom