The PC General Chat Thread

Can some one please explain how the corsair RGB fans work ?
looking at this
Amazon product ASIN B07VGJLZ8Lit's for a build im doing for a teenager and he wants all the "bling" :facepalm:
do these fans have two cables- 1: for power and : rgb ?
or it's just one cable ?
and is it simple as connecting the fans to the lighting controller > that to the USB header > dl icue software , and let the seizures begin

also are the fans PWM'd ?

looking at this
Amazon product ASIN B07VGJLZ8Lit's for a build im doing for a teenager and he wants all the "bling" :facepalm:
or it's just one cable ?
and is it simple as connecting the fans to the lighting controller > that to the USB header > dl icue software , and let the seizures begin

2 lots of cables. It's a stupid 3 pin connector for the rgb though, so can be a pain.

So long as you have the latest node, yeah. Plugs up to a USB 2 header on the board.
I don't think fhe SP120 RGB are pwm. Only ever used QL/ML/LL Series stuff.

I would rather buy from companies that are based in the UK to be honest.

@Scootpb
did you say you had the corsair LL fans ?
are their PWM'd and do they need to be connected to the corsair commander pro ?
or can i use the fan headers on the mobo ?

@Scootpb
did you say you had the corsair LL fans ?
are their PWM'd and do they need to be connected to the corsair commander pro ?
or can i use the fan headers on the mobo ?

Yes they are PWM and you really need the controller for the RGB but if just using 1 or 2 fans they could be connected to the motherboard if it has corsair support but you would only get basic control.

Yes they are PWM and you really need the controller for the RGB but if just using 1 or 2 fans they could be connected to the motherboard if it has corsair support but you would only get basic control.

You don't need a commander pro to control the RGB. But you do need the newer CORE NODE with USB2.0 Header, which usually means buying a 3xLL120 pack from corsair. I've still had the old node in packs from Amazon.

You don't need a commander pro to control the RGB. But you do need the newer CORE NODE with USB2.0 Header, which usually means buying a 3xLL120 pack from corsair. I've still had the old node in packs from Amazon.

Never said you did need the commander pro ;)

I use the QL's which also come with a Lighting Node Core.

looking at this
or it's just one cable ?

Which board do you have? (ASUS IIRC?)

FF-S
PC has just updated it self to windows 2004 :mad: ,
now the division 2 won't work ( uplay)
steam games seem to work ok ( HZD (

but im just getting a black screen with Uplay games when i start them
any ideas ?

Edit : works at 4k -60 , but not 4k -120 🤷‍♂️

Just setting things up for my first build on Saturday and my case arrived today. Phanteks p400a. After opening it up to familiarise myself with the cables I seen it has a SATA cable in it. Any idea what this is for? It says i should connect it to the powersupply but it won't reach nearly far enough to the bottom of the case. Similarly it won't be long enough for any mounted 3.5" drives.
Image showing how far it will reach.

Attachments

• 20201105_215821.jpg
    20201105_215821.jpg
    236.1 KB · Views: 25
It will probably be for fans, it doesn’t need to reach the power supply it connects to a sata power cable coming from the power supply ! @hughesie27

It's 12v power for the front panel etc. You'll need to connect it to a female sata from your PSU

I did wonder if it would connect to a longer cable. Hadn't opened up the PSU yet to check though. Cheers!

Just setting things up for my first build on Saturday and my case arrived today. Phanteks p400a. After opening it up to familiarise myself with the cables I seen it has a SATA cable in it. Any idea what this is for? It says i should connect it to the powersupply but it won't reach nearly far enough to the bottom of the case. Similarly it won't be long enough for any mounted 3.5" drives.
The front of the case has a3 speed fan controller
I'm guess its sata power for that?

The front of the case has a3 speed fan controller
I'm guess its sata power for that?
Correct. A fair few cases do this nowadays. You'd also find the associated 3 pin (most likely) fan connectors that are powered from that.

The P400a has 3 RGB fans at the front so it’s probably to power those as I think it has a RGB controller as well as a cable for motherboard RGB control

The P400a has 3 RGB fans at the front so it’s probably to power those as I think it has a RGB controller as well as a cable for motherboard RGB control
Yes. The RGB cable for the fans is a male connector strangely. Is the Motherboard connector likely to be female?

Yes. The RGB cable for the fans is a male connector strangely. Is the Motherboard connector likely to be female?

Yes

Edit: actually no the RGB connectors on the motherboard are normally male but I know the motherboards I have bought normally come with a female to female cable.

Its to power the fans and control the controller at the front if you look at the top of the case it has buttons under the lip the controls the colour of the fans but only if you dont control them via the motherboard. If you want to control them via your motherboard then you dont even need to connect the sata cable to anything

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom