The Premium Collection (HMV Exclusive Blu-rays)

Mostly because here in Spain we got stuck with the cropped version HMV had at first. Would be a relief to know if this one has the correct ratio and Spanish dub, but I really doubt it.

I'm more interested in Casablanca, anyway ^^

Pic found on eBay that shows what the extras are:
Casablanca.jpg

Thank you. What are the languages on the disc, is it English only?

Not sure if you got an answer on Krull but according to the packaging it's English language and subtitles only.

Do we think an offer on these is forthcoming? I'd love to get my collection up to date but not a 15 each.

Attachments

• TBoCB.jpg
    TBoCB.jpg
    247.8 KB · Views: 143
  • DS.jpg
    DS.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 125
Nice and already in the 2 for £25 offer. Preordered.

Attachments

• DC.jpg
    DC.jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 103
  • IB.jpg
    IB.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 96

Attachments

• DoT.png
    DoT.png
    682 KB · Views: 104
  • DoT (2).png
    DoT (2).png
    613.9 KB · Views: 122
  • TG.png
    TG.png
    789.2 KB · Views: 107
  • TG (2).png
    TG (2).png
    561.5 KB · Views: 124
Wonder if this is the same version as the remastered 30th anniversary TopGun.

I'm sure everyone knows these two are coming on 4K disc very soon - just saying!

Yeah I saw that news the day before this...but I collect both so will have to double dip. Bit frustrating really.

I noticed these are 115 and 116 but we haven't had 113 or 114 yet.

Attachments

• Looker.png
    Looker.png
    1 MB · Views: 86
  • WfG.png
    WfG.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 96
Excellent, I'm glad the gap is filled for my OCD :)

daaamn, Looker! I still have that on VHS! good sleeper, way ahead of its time re using CGI actors.

^ Just updated above post with another 6 titles!

Weren't some of them part of the VHS retro packaging range?

Weren't some of them part of the VHS retro packaging range?

Yes they were, at least I know Airplane and Ghost was as nearly bought them but dont like the VHS packaging. These all seem to be remasters as well, what a great line up this time, deffo buying:

Fatal Attraction
Ghost
Airplane
Flashdance

Any recommendations? I am new to the HMV Premium collection. I had my eye on Satanic Rites of Dracula and I can upgrade Donnie Brasco and Blow (looks like they are the only UK releases of these Blus). Do these disks come with many special features or is it generally light on that front?

Some for 2 for £25 as well is that a regular offer?

Yes 2 for £25 is the regular offer and pre-orders are still under that offer. The rest are under the 2 for £15 offer that pops up now and then.

Any recommendations? I am new to the HMV Premium collection. I had my eye on Satanic Rites of Dracula and I can upgrade Donnie Brasco and Blow (looks like they are the only UK releases of these Blus). Do these disks come with many special features or is it generally light on that front?
So many great ones in the entire collection - Harper and The Drowning Pool are superb gritty 60s/70s detective thrillers, Night Moves and Scarecrow are premium Hackman, while there’s genre gems in here such as Outland, 2010, Wolfen, Demon Seed, The Thing from Another World, Village of the Damned and the two recent Hammer Dracula ones. Then there’s quality star powered old school Hollywood gems such as Robin and Marion, Seven Days in May and Legends of the Fall......Munich is stunning.......There’s literally tens of these I could recommend really - in terms of extras, they’re not usually laden but it all depends on the studio and the release.

Pick a genre and purchase away, I can’t think of a shoddy flick in the whole collection!

Last edited:
Aaarrrgh! Tried to resist adding to the pile but couldn't stop myself! Ordered Harper and The Drowning Pool mainly thanks to Coz and his write-ups - blind buys but I am sure I will like these two. Also ordered 1984 because I haven't seen it for years (if ever?) and Out of the Past - thanks to Coz again. I am pretty sure these are all blind buys but I'm confident they will be keepers!

Aaarrrgh! Tried to resist adding to the pile but couldn't stop myself! Ordered Harper and The Drowning Pool mainly thanks to Coz and his write-ups - blind buys but I am sure I will like these two. Also ordered 1984 because I haven't seen it for years (if ever?) and Out of the Past - thanks to Coz again. I am pretty sure these are all blind buys but I'm confident they will be keepers!
Banger, banger, banger and banger there Jim. You won’t be disappointed in any of those chief. Scouts honour!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom