The Princess Bride 4K

Noahdavid1984

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I didn’t even know this had a 4K release exclusive to Germany until I saw it the other day. Managed to pick one up and going to watch it tonight.

Attachments

• 358097B5-3B90-4525-9A60-A88988006F89.jpeg
    358097B5-3B90-4525-9A60-A88988006F89.jpeg
    315.7 KB · Views: 185
  • A30E6A9C-C0FE-4201-BE88-F7B329F784CC.jpeg
    A30E6A9C-C0FE-4201-BE88-F7B329F784CC.jpeg
    339.5 KB · Views: 260
Be careful these an issue of lock up between chapters 14 and 15 on first pressing of the 4K disc there is a disc replacement scheme and they ship the replacement disc to the UK f.o.c

Be careful these an issue of lock up between chapters 14 and 15 on first pressing of the 4K disc there is a disc replacement scheme and they ship the replacement disc to the UK f.o.c
Yeah I read that and thankfully this is the replacement. I managed to get it from eBay and after reading up they sent a whole new blu ray with case and art as replacements.

One of my wife's favourite films so I picked up the 4K on iTunes a whole back.

If there's a UK release I'll be buying it but not a fan of German titles :(

I think there's a German media book but again it's in German.

I know what you mean but sometimes there’s no choice. I can confirm it looks fantastic. Lots more detail. I’ll upload pictures tomorrow if anyone’s interested

I know what you mean but sometimes there’s no choice. I can confirm it looks fantastic. Lots more detail. I’ll upload pictures tomorrow if anyone’s interested
If they don't release a UK edition I'll probably look for a US one.

Does it have the reversible cover with English text, I know they did that with some releases.

Are the special features available with English soundtrack or just German?

princessbride.JPG

That reverse cover is in English.

Going to pick this up after watching the HBO documentary on André The Giant.

There's never been a more charming film.

Old mediabook:

ue.JPG

Criterion (US) release coming out on 5th September 2023

Links: Amazon.com - Criterion.com - WowHD

TPB_4K (US).jpg

TPB_4K (US) (packshot).jpg

4K UHD + BLU-RAY SPECIAL EDITION FEATURES:

• 4K digital restoration, with 5.1 surround DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack
  • One 4K UHD disc of the film presented in Dolby Vision HDR and one Blu-ray with the film and special features
  • Audio commentary featuring director Rob Reiner, screenwriter William Goldman, producer Andrew Scheinman, and actors Billy Crystal and Peter Falk
  • Edited audiobook reading of Goldman’s novel The Princess Bride by Reiner
  • Program about Goldman’s screenplay
  • Program about Goldman’s tapestry based on his novel
  • Interviews with Reiner, Goldman, and actors Crystal, Cary Elwes, Christopher Guest, Mandy Patinkin, Chris Sarandon, Fred Savage, and Robin Wright
  • Interview with art director Richard Holland
  • Programs about makeup, fencing, and fairy tales
  • On-set video diary filmed and narrated by Elwes
  • Five behind-the-scenes videos with commentaries by Reiner, Scheinman, and Crystal
  • Trailer
  • English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
  • PLUS: An essay by author Sloane Crosley and Goldman’s introduction to his Princess Bride script from his collection Four Screenplays, in a lavishly illustrated, clothbound book

Cover by Angela Rizza

Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Damn nice, just disappointing that its a US release only.

I wish Criterion would give the UK some love with 4K releases.

4K disc won't be but the Blu-ray will.
The included blu with the special features will be. 4Ks are all region free.

Sorry thought I was replying to the other poster, should have read properly, trying to figure out how to delete my post now.

The German version has the advantage of HDR10+, along with Dolby Vision.

I have the German version and it is an amazing disc, will be interesting to see if the US can improve on it

The German version has the advantage of HDR10+, along with Dolby Vision.

I have the German version and it is an amazing disc, will be interesting to see if the US can improve on it
Yeah we own the German release as well and its fabulous, but if a UK release came out I'd be all over it again.

yeah, same. had to get the German one as its an all time great film, endlessly rewatchable

but very tempted to get this as well

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom