The PS5 Game Sharing Thread

Am I missing something here :)

Just a slight aside. Has it been confirmed this will work on PS5? I currently swap games we a mate on PS4 and we have each other set as primary. It could work differently on PS5?

Hope so. Time will tell!

I ask because I want a couple of games from opening day. If its just for me I'll buy the discs if I can game share me and mate will buy one each from PSN.

Hopefully with the yanks getting it first they will confirm it before we get it.

Looking good

"You can download and play this content on the main PS5 console associated with your account (through the “Console Sharing and Offline Play” setting) and on any other PS5 consoles when you login with your same account."

Looking good

"You can download and play this content on the main PS5 console associated with your account (through the “Console Sharing and Offline Play” setting) and on any other PS5 consoles when you login with your same account."

Well thats interesting. Will be keeping an eye on an expansion of this news.

My gameshare manwife has ps now, and because of our psn marriage, so do I.
That's ace!
I did not know this.

Just to check, as someone else has acces to your account, they could in theory play a game accidentally on that account and trigger trophy lists for games you don’t want on there?

They don’t have access to your account. Log in with it once, set the console as primary, then delete the profile.

They don’t have access to your account. Log in with it once, set the console as primary, then delete the profile.

My son needs to login as me to download my games on his PS4. Although I think I could login online and set them to download to the primary console remotely. But I just leave him do what he wants and in turn I login as him on mine to download his games. We've never accidentally played games as each other, but we could do easy enough..

Ok. That’s not so bad.

I’m happy to gameshare but I’m so protective over my trophy list I would be gutted if it was messed up.

I’m buying Miles Morales Ultimate edition but wouldn’t mind Sackboy off someone so I can play it with my boy

Just to check, as someone else has acces to your account, they could in theory play a game accidentally on that account and trigger trophy lists for games you don’t want on there?
He's a friend and I've known him years, I'm not bothered about that or anything in the slightest.

I've got far too many 1% trophy games to be bothered by some more. I see the issue with the game pass / now set up and it's exactly as I said before in the main thread. Diluted gaming.
I am less than a quarter into uc4, only just started bioshock 2 and now I have played a bit of doom, some sparkle unleashed and some capcom arcade.
I can't dedicate time to one game because I have too much available that it's lessened the impact of games.

I only rejoined PlayStation at the beginning of lockdown. Up to level 7 with 3 platinums, almost 5.

Have so many games to catch up on but then I’ll have most of what I want to play will be on the PS+ Collection.

Ok. That’s not so bad.

I’m happy to gameshare but I’m so protective over my trophy list I would be gutted if it was messed up.

I’m buying Miles Morales Ultimate edition but wouldn’t mind Sackboy off someone so I can play it with my boy
Just put a passcode on your login. My login has had one since the Mrs deleted all my Destiny 1 characters... after multiple hundreds of hours progress.

Well I'm happy for my name to be put on the list. i've been on these forums for years (XBOXJunkie360, BenchyUK) and i know people on here are trustworthy. For me it literally will be a case of activating profile as primary and then deleting it, I would expect the other person to do the same and then i can update the info for security.

For launch i'll probably be just getting Spiderman Ultimate Edition and a PS Now subscription which can be shared too i believe

I'll just state the obvious, its not just future digital purchases that are applicable to new game share partners. With PS5 having PS4 BC, you both have access to each others PS4 digital games too, so you may want to consider whats in your currently libraries as the right match up could see a lot of new games available to both gamers once activated..

I'll just state the obvious, its not just future digital purchases that are applicable to new game share partners. With PS5 having PS4 BC, you both have access to each others PS4 digital games too, so you may want to consider whats in your currently libraries as the right match up could see a lot of new games available to both gamers once activated..

Yeah thats good. Although i only have 2349 games in my ps4 library.

I've updated the second post. With those looking for a buddy. If anyone wants added please let me know. You can sort out being buddies between yourselves though.

Hay long time member hear also, not a big gamer anymore 3/4 games a year but will be getting the new call of duty if anyone is interested in sharing with that ?

Is there a specific gamer tag thread anywhere, especially if intending to play specific games?

Or is it a case of simply checking the specific game threads and hooking up in there?

Think it’s saying you want to be involved and then Chalky updates the First page. Then in this thread we try and pair up

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom