The Queen's Gambit (Netflix) TV Show Review & Comments

perhaps next time she could try her hand at jenga instead

jenga.jpg

Absolutely loved this series,fantastic I did the lot in 2 days I could not leave it.

Just completed a second watch. Savoured it this time, rather than binged. Absolutely some of the most complete and wonderful entertainment I've seen in years. And that last episode was absolutely perfect. An amazing, delightful achievement across the [chess] board. Still unequivocally 10/10.

Just completed a second watch. Savoured it this time, rather than binged. Absolutely some of the most complete and wonderful entertainment I've seen in years. And that last episode was absolutely perfect. An amazing, delightful achievement across the [chess] board. Still unequivocally 10/10.
Best thing i viewed last year, in fact probably the best series i have ever watched.

One of the few series these days that has a perfect ending.

Re watched this last week . Probably enjoyed it even more than the first time. Plus, it looked even better, as I've changed TV. For some reason, found it more emotional this time too. Especially the return visit to the home, and that ending.

Has it been a year already :eek:

Guess I could rewatch it again. Been watching a pile of mediocre stuff of late so could do with something sensational again. Was kind of hoping NF would do a Stranger Things and release it on 4K disc. Alas. No chance now.

edit. Just noticed the date of the OP. Half a year then. Feels a lot longer. Probably because of so much tv viewing.

Last edited:
I started playing chess again after watching this. Bloody love it :laugh:

Has it been a year already :eek:

Guess I could rewatch it again. Been watching a pile of mediocre stuff of late so could do with something sensational again. Was kind of hoping NF would do a Stranger Things and release it on 4K disc. Alas. No chance now.

edit. Just noticed the date of the OP. Half a year then. Feels a lot longer. Probably because of so much tv viewing.
Try bordertown if you need something good to watch.
Finnish with subs.
Top drawer.

I started playing chess again after watching this. Bloody love it :laugh:

I was like that on my first viewing. Planning on a rewatch of this next week so will probably get the same itch again.

Finding someone that likes board games these days is almost impossible!

Been over a decade since i’ve played my fave board game (Mahjong). :facepalm:

Just finished this tonight. Outstandingly good. I kind of agree they should not make another series as the ending was a great conclusion.
It did leave some lingering questions though. Maybe that's also for the best.

Finished it last night. Took 3 nights to view this time (rather than binge as before as @lucasisking mentioned).

Hoped (and posted before) that we would get a disc release of this but it seems it'll never happen now.

I could probably watch it twice a year too. Forever. TV perfection.

I was like that on my first viewing. Planning on a rewatch of this next week so will probably get the same itch again.

Finding someone that likes board games these days is almost impossible!

Been over a decade since i’ve played my fave board game (Mahjong). :facepalm:
Mahjong is a great game. What I even like more is Go. A game that very well represents East Asian deeply rooted in culture military strategy.

Better late than never I’ve started to watch this with the missus. Nothing to add to the previous superlatives………

So true. :)
A very good series I enjoyed watching. :)
I watched it just once, but definitely deserves to be watched at least twice. :)

Did anyone have a chance to compare Walter Tevis's The Queen's Gambit. I wonder if there were many inconsistencies?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom