The Trial of the Chicago 7 (Netflix) Movie Review & Comments

Cheers for that. Certainly a Sorkin affair is never to be scoffed at, although he doesn't always hit the mark for me.

Intriguing premise though, I enjoy these courtroom drama's. Another for the Netflix list.

Thank you for reviewing this.
Great movie... Utterly enjoyable and makes you aware how scary and politically US was a mess in the 60s/70s.
9/10 for me.
Mark Rylance steals the film for me. Another heavyweight performance from him again...
:)

Thank you for reviewing this.
Great movie... Utterly enjoyable and makes you aware how scary and politically US was a mess in the 60s/70s/80s/90s/00s/10s/20s.
9/10 for me.
Mark Rylance steals the film for me. Another heavyweight performance from him again...
:)

FTFY :smashin:

Might watch this one tonight, and it's got Borat in it so it should be great! Very nice.

After watching the trailer I suspect my limited centrist leaning world view will much enjoy this take on left Vs right and all the utter bollocks in between. Great cast must say, will get back once I've watched it.

Thanks for the review, will add to the list

I’ve always enjoyed his work, was so annoyed when the under rated Studio 60 on the sunset strip got axed just as it was taking off although it did then give us the Newsroom.

A very fine movie, well written and acted, deserving of a higher score for me.

Good review Kumari, i also like your scoring system more in line with me.

Yep, a solid 8 for me. Fine writing as expected, but excellent acting and a keen eye from Sorkin himself directing made this enjoyable and revealing of a period / event of US history I’d never really been exposed to before.

Great little movie in terms of acting...although the subject matter is as relevant today as it was then with corrupt and racist governments and judges

I think rating this film 7/10 was a bit harsh I'm rating this at 9/10 for me and will be watching again this week.

Great movie, I thought. The first half-hour was a bit confusing with so many people and names (I knew nothing of this part of history), but once it gets in its stride it becomes clearer. I could watch Sorkin films of people in rooms talking all day. Lovely stuff. Worth another watch, I reckon. 8/10

Watched this movie last night, and really enjoyed it, I thought Mark Rylance was outstanding and great performance by Sacha Baron Cohn as well. 9/10 for me.

That's tonight's viewing sorted then.

Thought I had seen the best film this year with The Devil All the Time in regards to a not so rosey picket fence 50s America.

This may of just topped that for myself because its just so well written , acted and directed . It can almost be throw away amusing at the start but pulls one in deeper into that time as it unfolds . One has a range of emotions watching how injustice was manipulated and served then and where we are now . Not much has changed apart we do it, real time online .

Loved it , review score to low for myself as can see myself going back to this many times. Very much revealment in this climate .

Last edited:
Just watched this and thoroughly enjoyed it. The 1960's was recreated wonderfully. Dialogue was sharp, acting superb. What happened to Bobby Seale is shocking - and the judge's behaviour?! Timely subject matter.

I would give it 8/10, but seeing that you gave it a 7, I give it 9/10! Others should see it. Thoroughly enjoyable.

Enjoyed it too, great script, acting, well made.
7/10

Thought this was great. Soft spot for Sorkin mind. An easy 8/10 for me. Although halfway through every time SBC spoke I heard Christopher Walken which took me out of it temporarily. 🤣

I could watch Sorkin stuff all night, every night.
Thoroughly enjoyed this, Mark Rylance has such presence on screen in everything he does and here was no exception, excellent performances all round but particularly Sacha Baron Cohen who I was never too keen on but enjoyed him in Scorsese's “Hugo”.
9/10 from me.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom