The Samsung UE**F8000 Owners thread part 4

I really think that the TV got always better over the last updates including 3D

True but you never know.
For me, the biggest flaw today is cinema black.
As I use the Standard picture mode, setting cinema black on medium still triggers brightness fluctuations.
And cinema black doesn't work in 3D, which is a real pity.
Wish Samsung would fix this.

I never use standard mode since I personally find it distracting that the backlight fluctuates noticeably. Movie Mode with individual calibration does the best results for me. And cinema black is enough for me in low.

The problem with Movie mode is that blacks are less deep than Standard mode. And as micro dimming ultimate is the biggest difference between F7000 and F8000, than if you don't use it, why having bought the F8000 ?
When you will test the new firmware, can you please try Standard mode just to check if you still see brightness fluctuations ?

It never fluctuates on Low but black bars are not as black as if cinema black is on Medium.

The reason is I did not like standard mode and my local dealer recommended the F7090

Do not get me wrong. The 8000 is a fantastic set, but you get the extra dark at the cost of low light details. That is the reason I got the F7090

And that's why I prefer to use Standard mode on my F8000. I am very sensitive to this extra dark ;)

And that's why I prefer to use Standard mode on my F8000. I am very sensitive to this extra dark ;)
I fully respect that. I will check it and write it, but I think, since the F8000 has some extra lamps for the dimming, I cannot fully doublecheck technically

I always update and can honestly say I have never thought I wish I hadn't done that. The updates seem to be coming thick and fast now. Shame we are left to guess what improvements, if any, they make to the tv. I suppose Samsung don't want to admit to the original faults.

I always update and can honestly say I have never thought I wish I hadn't done that. The updates seem to be coming thick and fast now. Shame we are left to guess what improvements, if any, they make to the tv. I suppose Samsung don't want to admit to the original faults.

And have you found anything new with 1118 ?

Not so far but I will keep a look out.

Hi all, I have the UE55F8000 and love it but I have a few niggles that Samsung just give standard replies to so I thought I would ask you all instead :) Samsung say to either reset the TV or contact Sky. I have emailed Sky and I am awaiting a reply. I have not yet reset the TV.

About 5-7 minutes after turning the TV and Sky Box on, the screen goes black briefly, the sound mutes briefly and the resolution banner comes down, then all goes back to what we were watching. This has happened with 2 different Sky boxes and with different cables and different HDMI inputs. It doesn't happen on our other TV.

We changed the Sky HD Resolution output from 1080i to Automatic and this made it happen less often but it did still happen.

There is also an odd 'clink' or 'ping' sound that happens once in a while when the TV is off. Anyone else noticed this?

Thanks in advance.
MiniEmma

Sounds like an HDMI-CEC issue. Did you try to deactivate that service in the TV?

Ah, yes, sorry. We have turned it off in the past. I will try it again.

It is a protocol that enables remote communication between devices. For example switching chapters chapters on your BluRay using the TV remote. But most of the times it makes problems

About 5-7 minutes after turning the TV and Sky Box on, the screen goes black briefly, the sound mutes briefly and the resolution banner comes down, then all goes back to what we were watching. This has happened with 2 different Sky boxes and with different cables and different HDMI inputs. It doesn't happen on our other TV.

We changed the Sky HD Resolution output from 1080i to Automatic and this made it happen less often but it did still happen.

There is also an odd 'clink' or 'ping' sound that happens once in a while when the TV is off. Anyone else noticed this?

Thanks in advance.
MiniEmma

The click/ping sound your hear is most probably the tv turning on to check for updates. Go to menu > support > software update and turn auto update off.

I had exactly the same thing happen as well with with Sky the the screen going black for a moment and could never figure it out. It only happened though when I had the sky box connected directly into the tv but now with it going through my av receiver I haven't seen it happen again.

I fully respect that. I will check it and write it, but I think, since the F8000 has some extra lamps for the dimming, I cannot fully doublecheck technically
Nothing special on the new firmware so far. Looks good. Movement seems once again optimized. Concerning standard mode cinema black is still fluctuating backlight.
For me standard mode is either way too dynamic

Nothing special on the new firmware so far. Looks good. Movement seems once again optimized. Concerning standard mode cinema black is still fluctuating backlight.
For me standard mode is either way too dynamic

Thank you for checking.

Hi all, I have the UE55F8000 and love it but I have a few niggles that Samsung just give standard replies to so I thought I would ask you all instead :) Samsung say to either reset the TV or contact Sky. I have emailed Sky and I am awaiting a reply. I have not yet reset the TV.

Thanks in advance.
MiniEmma

Mine does the same, it's as though it is selecting HDMI one again. A lot of people in this thread have also reported that their TV is the same. Don't worry about, it's a feature of the TV :rolleyes:.

The on tv section of my smart hub is just a load of black squares, i have to go into on tv setup every time i turn my tv on, anyone else having that trouble?

Well Guys, after two months of thinking I have just installed an USA firmware in my 46F8000AG SAmsung, . Just cross my. fingers , wait a couple of minutes and then voila !! , everything is back again but with smart LED option in my picture settings. No brick TV- I do not guarantee that this precess would be successful with the European model ..

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom