THE ULTIMATE OPPO MEDIA DEVICE !

MEL converted:
that's the point, MEL not WORK!

- profile 7 single track double layer (BL + EL + RPU)
no it's not profile 7, it's profile 4 .

Dolby-Vision-bitstream-profiles.png

Last edited:
Would a repacked TS work in folder structure eg seeing at disc multiavchd ??

I recently found a small problem, and successfully solved, for your reference

I have always set the video output to UHD60, but there are some problems when playing some UHD-ISO files (such as PANDA, a DV documentary), which shows that the color is displayed incorrectly. The solution is to temporarily replace this setting with UHD-AUTO

that's the point, MEL not WORK!
Then I don't understand what *you* mean under MEL :)
no it's not profile 7, it's profile 4 .
No, it's profile 7, here are the mediainfo of the 2 UHDBD FEL -> ts MEL files I mentioned (and watched completely):
- Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.07.06, BL+EL+RPU, Blu-ray compatible / SMPTE ST 2086, HDR10 compatible
- Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.08.06, BL+RPU, HDR10 compatible / SMPTE ST 2086, HDR10 compatible

You can take samples from the makemkv forum if you are interested.
Anyway, my point was, that these new methods produce working MEL titles in ts container on our Oppo.

So, i've decided to hack my Oppo 203 after getting fed up with having to restart the player everytime I change BD region code.

I've download the EU Oppo to Russian Firmware files and have read through the manual. I've extracted the files to my usb stick, but noticed that the .da1 file identified in the instructions screenshot is missing and that I have an extra file: MAIN20XCN_CN.bin.

Am I missing something? I don't want to make the wrong move and brick my trusty Oppo!

Thanks!

So, i've decided to hack my Oppo 203 after getting fed up with having to restart the player everytime I change BD region code.

I've download the EU Oppo to Russian Firmware files and have read through the manual. I've extracted the files to my usb stick, but noticed that the .da1 file identified in the instructions screenshot is missing and that I have an extra file: MAIN20XCN_CN.bin.

Am I missing something? I don't want to make the wrong move and brick my trusty Oppo!

Thanks!
You can ignore that .da1 file and the MAIN20XCN_CN.bin file. Please read page 135 to understand better. I updated it with clearer info.

You can ignore that .da1 file and the MAIN20XCN_CN.bin file. Please read page 135 to understand better. I updated it with clearer info.

Thanks so much, missed that page when I was reading through the thread. Will get the hack done tonight.

Hack done. Slight panic after completing...all the display was in Russian. Managed to navigate through the menus to change the language to English, restarted it and all seems okay. Region changing seems to work okay. So far so good!

Hack done. Slight panic after completing...all the display was in Russian. Managed to navigate through the menus to change the language to English, restarted it and all seems okay. Region changing seems to work okay. So far so good!
Hehe, no need to panic, I am available for free support. :-D

Obviously, it starts in Russian, but an easy language change. Glad it was a simple process for you. You'll love it. Once Jailbroken, you'll never go back. The Region switching is good, but requires a re-boot after chosen, I think. I rarely run into another region Blu-ray issue. Just the Avatar Coll. Ed. Disc 3 with that 3D trailer I wanted from it. Most stuff has the region removed prior. Enjoy.

Automatic change the theme.Automatic add videos ISO on NFS to favorites
No need for remote control and MediaControl APP

Looks interesting. What did you do and how? :)

Looks interesting. What did you do and how? :)
linux shell + a lot of echo -e "drv.ir.rx.sq xxxx\nquit" | cliprog
set themes to get UDP-203 system time, the parameters can be, seconds, minutes...
when not connected to the Internet use random numbers 0~80.png

This is the simple version.
wpc.sh
Code:
#! /bin/sh
next_pics="/mnt/sda1/next_pics"
[ ! -d $next_pics ] && mkdir $next_pics || rm $next_pics/*.png > /dev/null 2>&1
declare -i a=`date +%M`
LIST="disk music foto video network setup favorites"
for i in $LIST
do
        if [ -e /mnt/sda1/pics/$a.png ]; then
                cp /mnt/sda1/pics/$a.png /mnt/ubi_boot/$i
                cp /mnt/sda1/pics/$a.png $next_pics/$a.png
        fi
a=$a+1
done

linux shell + a lot of echo -e "drv.ir.rx.sq xxxx\nquit" | cliprog
set themes to get UDP-203 system time, the parameters can be, seconds, minutes...
when not connected to the Internet use random numbers 0~80.png

This is the simple version.
wpc.sh
Code:
#! /bin/sh
next_pics="/mnt/sda1/next_pics"
[ ! -d $next_pics ] && mkdir $next_pics || rm $next_pics/*.png > /dev/null 2>&1
declare -i a=`date +%M`
LIST="disk music foto video network setup favorites"
for i in $LIST
do
        if [ -e /mnt/sda1/pics/$a.png ]; then
                cp /mnt/sda1/pics/$a.png /mnt/ubi_boot/$i
                cp /mnt/sda1/pics/$a.png $next_pics/$a.png
        fi
a=$a+1
done
Nice work. If I recall, you did this with the Autoscript with the remote codes and took advantage of the cliprog in the Oppos Linux.
And used the Russian Jailbreak to change wallpaper function. Can you share the new wallpapers you used? They are realy nice.

Nice work. If I recall, you did this with the Autoscript with the remote codes and took advantage of the cliprog in the Oppos Linux.
And used the Russian Jailbreak to change wallpaper function. Can you share the new wallpapers you used? They are realy nice.
Wallpaper pictures, search with google. You can find many pictures

Then I don't understand what *you* mean under MEL :)

No, it's profile 7, here are the mediainfo of the 2 UHDBD FEL -> ts MEL files I mentioned (and watched completely):
- Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.07.06, BL+EL+RPU, Blu-ray compatible / SMPTE ST 2086, HDR10 compatible
- Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.08.06, BL+RPU, HDR10 compatible / SMPTE ST 2086, HDR10 compatible

You can take samples from the makemkv forum if you are interested.
Anyway, my point was, that these new methods produce working MEL titles in ts container on our Oppo.
it's simple: MEL "converted" is not MEL....
I tried mkv... NOT work... why spend mine times to test an "experiment"?
m9702 can playback ISO/BMDV WITHOUT any issues, also convert SD/HDR to DV for nice playback to LG OLED....
why lose times with "MKV" ?!? and talk in this post?!?

in my humble opinion

Last edited:
I've recently picked up an M9702v3 from the classifieds here. The box was reset to remove nas paths etc. And all looks very good. I'm using it to playback files stored on a locally attached USB HD. I have full bluray folders, that work perfectly. I have 5.1 flac files from SACD that work fine too, but I haven't been able to play SACD ISO images, the box just sees an empty directory where the ISO is.

Firmware: 20XCN-65-0131
SACD ISO plays fine on a Mac with Pine Player

Do I need to change any settings in order to be able to play SACD ISOs? Is there anything I can check to make sure the JB is still active, and if there is still an issue, might moving to the firmware available here help?

Last edited:
I've recently picked up an M9702v3 from the classifieds here. The box was reset to remove nas paths etc. And all looks very good. I'm using it to playback files stored on a locally attached USB HD. I have full bluray folders, that work perfectly. I have 5.1 flac files from SACD that work fine too, but I haven't been able to play SACD ISO images, the box just sees an empty directory where the ISO is.

Firmware: 20XCN-65-0131
SACD ISO plays fine on a Mac with Pine Player

Do I need to change any settings in order to be able to play SACD ISOs? Is there anything I can check to make sure the JB is still active, and if there is still an issue, might moving to the firmware available here help?
If its not seing ISO's and NFS shares dont show up, you might not have the Jailbroken features enabled. It could just have a deactivated firmware..? I would just recomend just putting on moremodey1 Free No Activation Russian Jailbreak firmware on it from my post on page 135.

Okay, thanks @theaxledentaldj , I'll take a look in the morning; probably a bit late to start digging around in files just now. Is mtktool the only software to use? I have a mac, but could spin up a VM if necessary. I also noted on the instructions to rename the file in /upg to xxx.bin, but that already seems to have been done in the latest version on mega. Thanks again for helping.

Okay, thanks @theaxledentaldj , I'll take a look in the morning; probably a bit late to start digging around in files just now. Is mtktool the only software to use? I have a mac, but could spin up a VM if necessary. I also noted on the instructions to rename the file in /upg to xxx.bin, but that already seems to have been done in the latest version on mega. Thanks again for helping.
Oh yeah, your on a Mac, you going to have a difficult time getting mtktool to run on vm fusion. 11.x with Windows 7 Ultimate. I've already been there. It will only work a certain way. If I remember, via Bootcamp install of Windows 7 will the mtktool drivers recognize the M9702 v3. Such a PIA. There is another way I've been thinking of getting someone to try:

All original Oppo UDP-203 official firmware comes with AutoScript enabled. You can update the M9702 v3 via USB normal method like its an actual Oppo-203 with the Original Official firmware. Your not loosing anything as it is now. Then you try the method for Oppo-UDP-203 units thats on page 135. The AutoScript will try to open the BD-ROM drive bay, so, I doubt it will fail. So, once the M9702 has the original official Oppo 203 firmware (which has been known to run just fine on an M9702), you then run the Original China_with_Russian_JB package. If it works, the AutoScript has done its job, and you have a free no activation ever needed Jailbroken Russian firmware 20XRU-65-0131.

Read Page 135:
(THE ULTIMATE OPPO MEDIA DEVICE !).

it's simple: MEL "converted" is not MEL....
I tried mkv... NOT work... why spend mine times to test an "experiment"?
m9702 can playback ISO/BMDV WITHOUT any issues, also convert SD/HDR to DV for nice playback to LG OLED....
why lose times with "MKV" ?!? and talk in this post?!?
:) Yes, mkv doesn't work at all, but ts/mp4 does with recent methods.
I was just interested, because previously single track double layer mp4s didn't work, that's all.
And I replied here because someone asked this question and he got a "doesn't work" reply, which is not true anymore.

I still don't understand that which "MEL" files are you referring to, in which container/etc. But you don't have to reply if you are not interested in this topic

I found an old Windows Laptop, so I managed to get mtkTool working. Ran the upgrade, all went fine, % complete filled twice. I'm now struggling with applying the new firmware. I have a 1GB pen drive, formated FAT, and have just the upg directory and the MAIN20XCN.bin file within it, but I'm getting the attached error when I run 'upg usb be all'

It has taken quite some time to get this far - thumb drive had previously been used on a mac and had an EFI partition I couldn't get rid of, then I formatted ExFat, and the M9702 couldn't read it, but now it can read the drive but not the bin file for some reason.

IMG_0089.png

Salonchi..
I have verry little experience with the Mtktool.
Try another flash drive. Get windows to format it Fat32. Make sure that .bin file doesnt have a hidden file name after the dot. Maybe a fresh copy of that bin file is needed. Re-download it, unzip it again. Id follow the AVPassion forums pdf instuctions:

If it still wont work, Id try my method to get an original firmware on it with AutoScript enabled.

Last edited:
Changed the thumb drive and it worked. Still no SACD ISO, but I've tried so many downloads, downgrades, upg USB be all so many times, I'm not convinced that I definitely have the RU JB firmware? I'll take a fresh crack at it tomorrow. Is there an easy way to tell which firmware I'm on?

Changed the thumb drive and it worked. Still no SACD ISO, but I've tried so many downloads, downgrades, upg USB be all so many times, I'm not convinced that I definitely have the RU JB firmware? I'll take a fresh crack at it tomorrow. Is there an easy way to tell which firmware I'm on?
There are ways to tell:
Your firmware should be: 20XRU-65-0131

You have AutoScript Enabled, test it.

You run a AutoScript with Telnet (Telnet homebrew required in MacOS or use Putty on Windows)

Use this: https://mega.nz/file/NEwA1YCJ#yMXgahJSZgL6Vowh6lVvD8oi9L0O1X9PeFJ9PEMBxxY

Other than that, Playing a Blu-ray ISO from local or Network shares is a feature of the Jailbreak.
Also, SACD ISO Playback and DVD-Audio Playback.

Make sure to reset to factory settings and then try these ISOs. Blu-ray BDMV folders dont need to be modified or "Blessed" like AVCHD to work on a Jailbroken firmware.

Also, navigate to Network->video to see your SACD ISOs. Maybe your thinkin its Audio, even though it is, but it shows up under Video.

If you need a SACD ISO, I have some by RUSH that work on my Oppo 203.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom