Quantcast

THE ULTIMATE OPPO MEDIA DEVICE !

rapjp

Novice Member
Just got my v3 finally - so far its been fun playing around and finding what all it can do.

I had a question - Is anyone else facing this annoying issue where subtitles come on despite them being turned off in the Setup? This is only for files (MKV, AVI etc.)
I have gone in and physically turned it ON and then gone back in and set it to OFF just to ensure the setting is saved in memory but nothing seems to turn off the subtitles.

Anyone figured a fix for this?

I also noticed it does this over NFS and USB but not when playing the same file over DLNA.

Also noticed, SACD ISO is only possible when you pick "Video" as your choice while browsing - the ISO shows up but not if you choose "Audio" (in which case the ISO file does not show up).

box4m

Trying to order this via Online Order: - the url i found in this thread.
But i cannot enter information anywhere except "MAC" and "EMAIL", therefor i cannot continue, any tips?
Thank you

bgalakazam

Trying to order this via Online Order: - the url i found in this thread.
But i cannot enter information anywhere except "MAC" and "EMAIL", therefor i cannot continue, any tips?
Thank you
It says to fill those out after you pay.

box4m

ye but i get an error
"1:your input sn is error
2:your input sn is error
3:your input sn is error"

if i dont fill them in

edit: im not supposed to fill MAC right? thats only when i have a oppo and want jailbreak?

bgalakazam

Input xx xx xx for the mac and try again.
"Buy M9702,input xx xx xx"

box4m

Sorry but i rather ask stupid questions then do something wrong :D

1) xx xx xx on MAC worked, which it says if i just read :p + my email
2) send $399.99 to [email protected] and take some screenshots for proof
3) send the proof + name, address, postcode, country, phone number (for tracking number i guess, so its optional?)

Does this sound correct :D

theaxledentaldj

3) send the proof + name, address, postcode, country, phone number (for tracking number i guess, so its optional?)

Yes, screenshot paypal being sent and paid to him and include all your shipping address info in the email.

rapjp

Novice Member
Another discovery yesterday - when connected to a self powered USB drive, it crashes (freezes) after 10-15 mins. I tried playing the same files using NFS and it played through just fine which tells me it could be a power problem.

I have read many recommending a higher amperage power supply - Is that safe? Is there a chance the higher amperage will damage the device? And related - how does the device know it channel higher amperage it is getting to the USB ports (given the logic of the folks that it should solve the USB power problem)?

theaxledentaldj

Another discovery yesterday - when connected to a self powered USB drive, it crashes (freezes) after 10-15 mins. I tried playing the same files using NFS and it played through just fine which tells me it could be a power problem.

I have read many recommending a higher amperage power supply - Is that safe? Is there a chance the higher amperage will damage the device? And related - how does the device know it channel higher amperage it is getting to the USB ports (given the logic of the folks that it should solve the USB power problem)?
I would never not use an external HDD without supplying its own power supply. Obviously you found out why its not safe. I think the Oppo manual might say something about this.

You dont want a HDD to sleep or spindown.

rapjp

Novice Member
I would never not use an external HDD without supplying its own power supply. Obviously you found out why its not safe. I think the Oppo manual might say something about this.

You dont want a HDD to sleep or spindown.
You misread - My external HDD was fully self powered (12V-1.5A) and yet it froze after 15 mins. I am (as I type) testing with a shorter cable and so far its been about 20 mins and its not frozen (fingers crossed).

theaxledentaldj

You misread - My external HDD was fully self powered (12V-1.5A) and yet it froze after 15 mins. I am (as I type) testing with a shorter cable and so far its been about 20 mins and its not frozen (fingers crossed).
Ohh. OK. If its freezing only on one movie, then that might be a partially corrupt movie. Ive had that happen several times. I just re-downloaded another copy and all was good. Good Luck!

Tanquen

Novice Member
I use the SMB share from my Synology NAS and it works as I am using ISO files and the other share will not list them. Sometimes it takes a long time for the SMB share to show up. Any suggestions? Dose it like SMB1, 2 or 3 better? The Sinology is currently set for SMB2 through SMB3.

box4m

I use the SMB share from my Synology NAS and it works as I am using ISO files and the other share will not list them. Sometimes it takes a long time for the SMB share to show up. Any suggestions? Dose it like SMB1, 2 or 3 better? The Sinology is currently set for SMB2 through SMB3.
From what ive read SMBv1 is what it likes

hlindstr

Using SMBv1 is mandatory with Oppo/Chinoppo. Higher versions are not supported.

box4m

So how much better is the picture quality on something like this compared to appletv4k or 2019 shield? with the same material ofcourse

looun

the big difference of picture quality with HDR its final device: TV OLED or QLED or good projector.
The big advantage of m9702 are:
- BD dolby vision/HDR+
- FULL complete BD menu
- second HDMI audio out
- note mapping
- SDR BT.2020

and SDR/HDR conversion to doby vision..

appletv/shield they don't any of this function ...

about SDR/FHD upscaling you can read oppo 203 review

box4m

anyone can show screenshot of how subtitles look? someone said here that they are huge even on small?

edit: Do i choose "i am buying something" or "send to a friend" when paying to him on paypal?

Last edited:

box4m

the big difference of picture quality with HDR its final device: TV OLED or QLED or good projector.
The big advantage of m9702 are:
- BD dolby vision/HDR+
- FULL complete BD menu
- second HDMI audio out
- note mapping
- SDR BT.2020

and SDR/HDR conversion to doby vision..

appletv/shield they don't any of this function ...

about SDR/FHD upscaling you can read oppo 203 review
Maybe you know this? Appreciate help!
Do i choose "i am buying something" or "send to a friend" when paying to him on paypal?

box4m

For those owners who use the Oppo UDP-203 remote with the M9702, is it as responsive just like on the actual Oppo UDP-203 player? The reason why I ask, is I ordered a new replacement Oppo UDP-203 remote and Ill have that before my M9702. Im just preparing myself for the things I need for my M9702 baby. Even though its coming with a different remote, Id rather have the Oppo OEM one.
Where do i get a OEM oppo remote?

looun

The included remote, I think sucks. The best Oppo experience is by getting an Oppo replacement remote from Oppo. Thier website will ask for a serial number.
why?
- there are the same buttons.
- both have backlight

the only differnce is move sensor for backlight

original oppo remote cost 18 $ on USA, but in europe cost 80€!

theaxledentaldj

Someone mentioned one of the color buttons was reversed. I like the feel better on my Oppo Remote. Yes, Im in the USA, its cheaper to get a replacement remote from Oppo. They layout on the included remote I didnt like.

box4m

I reply to myself because, if anyone buying in the future and reads this post, i correct it, the paypal is [email protected] and not [email protected]

hlindstr

Re: shutdown bug

If you set "Auto shutdown" on via Device Menu (there is only on/off choices) Chinoppo runs the proper power down cycle by itself when time (30 mins of inactivity) has come. Red led remains on (and power is still supplied to main board) after power down cycle until it is switched off using RC. There is also "Sleep mode" timer, which does the same but only once.

I was bit lazy and did not have hard drive connected but I assume during power down cycle any hard drives or network shares connected are properly unmounted as in "media app" method.

box4m

That method is only needed to add subtitles to physical discs. To add SRT Subtitles to an AVCHD folder, just put the plain srt file straight within the folder that contains the AVCHD folder. The subtitle can be named anything you want.

I.E.
-->Movie Folder
---->AVCHD/Blu-ray Folder
---->Subtitle.srt

Basically, the srt file should be in the same folder as the file/folder you click to start the movie.
Can you have several externals for the same movie and get options whichone u wanna enable?

box4m

so im currently reading through the thread but its alot of information :D
whats the prefered way to network share? NFS or SMB?

Trending threads

Latest News

Disney+ UK launch now 24th March
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
LG Filmmaker Mode will use autosensing
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Hisense U8Q and U7Q QLED TVs coming to UK in 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 20th January 2020