THE ULTIMATE OPPO MEDIA DEVICE !

Hi

I got files playing fine from a NAS running Open media Vault using NFS file sharing. If you want to play files from a PC I think the PC has to be running SMB V1 'cos windows does not have NFS built in but can be added via a 3rd party app. Windows 10 has a later version of SMB but can be made to run SMB V1 by changing a few settings.

So ive been reading this entire thread, interesting.
I wonder, does it support zoom during playback? (A demand from mrs boss)

And the link for ordering on the first page of the thread still stands?
I read that many of you say that theres no requirements to give your MAC but its in the orderform

And the link for ordering on the first page of the thread still stands?
I read that many of you say that theres no requirements to give your MAC but its in the orderform
MAC is for those that already own an Oppo UDP-203 unit. Last I checked, you can still order the M9702v3 from his website.

It almost sounds to good to be true :))

Well you could always just go on ebay and buy a used Oppo 203 that way, then buy the jailbreak firmware. An Oppo 203 prolly hold value better, besides, closest you can get to the real thing is an M9702 Oppo clone. Minus the BD-Rom drive, Wifi, another USB 3.0 port, and some other things..

They cost a fortune :( but i havent seen anyone here who didnt get what they paid for sooo

What is this like to use as a streaming device for movies compared to something like a dune HD?

What is this like to use as a streaming device for movies compared to something like a dune HD?
I came from a Popcorn Hour A-400. I got tired of the BDMV and Blu-ray IOS glitches and no 4K UHD support. I now prefer my Blu-rays and UHD Blu-rays in either BDMV or ISO file format. Plays like an actual disc. As to be expected just like having an Oppo 203..almost..like Ive mentioned earlier.

The Popcorn Hour A-400 was great for mkv compatibility. The M9702 v2 that I have is a little picky/temerpemental on my mkvs, so I just end up upgrading them to full Blu-rays. Sometimes remuxing the mkv out into a BDMV works.

Dune doesn't have the Dolby Vision License. There are somethings you won't see integrated on the Oppo 203 firmware, like: youtube, Netflix, and so on. Very basic. Same goes for the UI.

I just wanted perfect playback just like it was a Blu-ray Disc playing in a Oppo-203 unit. Thats why I got an M9702 and I'm happy I did.I have no need for a Jukebox UI. If I had to do it all over again, I'd spend the money and just have bought a used Oppo UDP-203 and do the jailbreak myself. Sure its more money, but I get the full Oppo experience in the rest of its hardware. I kick myself that I missed my opportunity to buy one right when Oppo announced discontinuation of that product. I think I laughed at the $600 price tag. But after all the reviews about the unit, how good the quality of the unit. I could have and should have gotten one...or two. Looks like they re-sell pretty well online.

I think theres a well written review of the M9702 on avpassion forum. I would suggest that you read it.

There are reviews on the Dune UHD 4K Pro units online as well, check them out. To each their own, that product might suit you?

Did anyone buy this through the spanish groupbuy?
Been checking out the thread today, seems legit and $100 less

Did anyone buy this through the spanish groupbuy?
Been checking out the thread today, seems legit and $100 less

Yes, I did.
It is quite simple, and the person in charge of this (tocinillo) is so correct and kind.
Go ahead.

Just got my v3 finally - so far its been fun playing around and finding what all it can do.

I had a question - Is anyone else facing this annoying issue where subtitles come on despite them being turned off in the Setup? This is only for files (MKV, AVI etc.)
I have gone in and physically turned it ON and then gone back in and set it to OFF just to ensure the setting is saved in memory but nothing seems to turn off the subtitles.

Anyone figured a fix for this?

I also noticed it does this over NFS and USB but not when playing the same file over DLNA.

Also noticed, SACD ISO is only possible when you pick "Video" as your choice while browsing - the ISO shows up but not if you choose "Audio" (in which case the ISO file does not show up).

Trying to order this via Online Order: - the url i found in this thread.
But i cannot enter information anywhere except "MAC" and "EMAIL", therefor i cannot continue, any tips?
Thank you

Trying to order this via Online Order: - the url i found in this thread.
But i cannot enter information anywhere except "MAC" and "EMAIL", therefor i cannot continue, any tips?
Thank you
It says to fill those out after you pay.

ye but i get an error
"1:your input sn is error
2:your input sn is error
3:your input sn is error"

if i dont fill them in

edit: im not supposed to fill MAC right? thats only when i have a oppo and want jailbreak?

Input xx xx xx for the mac and try again.
"Buy M9702,input xx xx xx"

Sorry but i rather ask stupid questions then do something wrong :D

1) xx xx xx on MAC worked, which it says if i just read :p + my email
2) send $399.99 to [email protected] and take some screenshots for proof
3) send the proof + name, address, postcode, country, phone number (for tracking number i guess, so its optional?)

Does this sound correct :D

Sorry but i rather ask stupid questions then do something wrong :D

1) xx xx xx on MAC worked, which it says if i just read :p + my email
2) send $399.99 to [email protected] and take some screenshots for proof
3) send the proof + name, address, postcode, country, phone number (for tracking number i guess, so its optional?)

Does this sound correct :D

Yes, screenshot paypal being sent and paid to him and include all your shipping address info in the email.

Another discovery yesterday - when connected to a self powered USB drive, it crashes (freezes) after 10-15 mins. I tried playing the same files using NFS and it played through just fine which tells me it could be a power problem.

I have read many recommending a higher amperage power supply - Is that safe? Is there a chance the higher amperage will damage the device? And related - how does the device know it channel higher amperage it is getting to the USB ports (given the logic of the folks that it should solve the USB power problem)?

Another discovery yesterday - when connected to a self powered USB drive, it crashes (freezes) after 10-15 mins. I tried playing the same files using NFS and it played through just fine which tells me it could be a power problem.

I have read many recommending a higher amperage power supply - Is that safe? Is there a chance the higher amperage will damage the device? And related - how does the device know it channel higher amperage it is getting to the USB ports (given the logic of the folks that it should solve the USB power problem)?

I would never not use an external HDD without supplying its own power supply. Obviously you found out why its not safe. I think the Oppo manual might say something about this.

You dont want a HDD to sleep or spindown.

I would never not use an external HDD without supplying its own power supply. Obviously you found out why its not safe. I think the Oppo manual might say something about this.

You dont want a HDD to sleep or spindown.
You misread - My external HDD was fully self powered (12V-1.5A) and yet it froze after 15 mins. I am (as I type) testing with a shorter cable and so far its been about 20 mins and its not frozen (fingers crossed).

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom