THE ULTIMATE OPPO MEDIA DEVICE !

You misread - My external HDD was fully self powered (12V-1.5A) and yet it froze after 15 mins. I am (as I type) testing with a shorter cable and so far its been about 20 mins and its not frozen (fingers crossed).
Ohh. OK. If its freezing only on one movie, then that might be a partially corrupt movie. Ive had that happen several times. I just re-downloaded another copy and all was good. Good Luck!

I use the SMB share from my Synology NAS and it works as I am using ISO files and the other share will not list them. Sometimes it takes a long time for the SMB share to show up. Any suggestions? Dose it like SMB1, 2 or 3 better? The Sinology is currently set for SMB2 through SMB3.

I use the SMB share from my Synology NAS and it works as I am using ISO files and the other share will not list them. Sometimes it takes a long time for the SMB share to show up. Any suggestions? Dose it like SMB1, 2 or 3 better? The Sinology is currently set for SMB2 through SMB3.

From what ive read SMBv1 is what it likes

Using SMBv1 is mandatory with Oppo/Chinoppo. Higher versions are not supported.

So how much better is the picture quality on something like this compared to appletv4k or 2019 shield? with the same material ofcourse

the big difference of picture quality with HDR its final device: TV OLED or QLED or good projector.
The big advantage of m9702 are:
- BD dolby vision/HDR+
- FULL complete BD menu
- second HDMI audio out
- note mapping
- SDR BT.2020

and SDR/HDR conversion to doby vision..

appletv/shield they don't any of this function ...

about SDR/FHD upscaling you can read oppo 203 review

anyone can show screenshot of how subtitles look? someone said here that they are huge even on small?

edit: Do i choose "i am buying something" or "send to a friend" when paying to him on paypal?

Last edited:
the big difference of picture quality with HDR its final device: TV OLED or QLED or good projector.
The big advantage of m9702 are:
- BD dolby vision/HDR+
- FULL complete BD menu
- second HDMI audio out
- note mapping
- SDR BT.2020

and SDR/HDR conversion to doby vision..

appletv/shield they don't any of this function ...

about SDR/FHD upscaling you can read oppo 203 review

Maybe you know this? Appreciate help!
Do i choose "i am buying something" or "send to a friend" when paying to him on paypal?

For those owners who use the Oppo UDP-203 remote with the M9702, is it as responsive just like on the actual Oppo UDP-203 player? The reason why I ask, is I ordered a new replacement Oppo UDP-203 remote and Ill have that before my M9702. Im just preparing myself for the things I need for my M9702 baby. Even though its coming with a different remote, Id rather have the Oppo OEM one.

Where do i get a OEM oppo remote?

The included remote, I think sucks. The best Oppo experience is by getting an Oppo replacement remote from Oppo. Thier website will ask for a serial number.
why?
- there are the same buttons.
- both have backlight

the only differnce is move sensor for backlight

original oppo remote cost 18 $ on USA, but in europe cost 80€!

Someone mentioned one of the color buttons was reversed. I like the feel better on my Oppo Remote. Yes, Im in the USA, its cheaper to get a replacement remote from Oppo. They layout on the included remote I didnt like.

Sorry but i rather ask stupid questions then do something wrong :D

1) xx xx xx on MAC worked, which it says if i just read :p + my email
2) send $399.99 to [email protected] and take some screenshots for proof
3) send the proof + name, address, postcode, country, phone number (for tracking number i guess, so its optional?)

Does this sound correct :D

I reply to myself because, if anyone buying in the future and reads this post, i correct it, the paypal is [email protected] and not [email protected]

Re: shutdown bug

If you set "Auto shutdown" on via Device Menu (there is only on/off choices) Chinoppo runs the proper power down cycle by itself when time (30 mins of inactivity) has come. Red led remains on (and power is still supplied to main board) after power down cycle until it is switched off using RC. There is also "Sleep mode" timer, which does the same but only once.

I was bit lazy and did not have hard drive connected but I assume during power down cycle any hard drives or network shares connected are properly unmounted as in "media app" method.

That method is only needed to add subtitles to physical discs. To add SRT Subtitles to an AVCHD folder, just put the plain srt file straight within the folder that contains the AVCHD folder. The subtitle can be named anything you want.

I.E.
-->Movie Folder
---->AVCHD/Blu-ray Folder
---->Subtitle.srt

Basically, the srt file should be in the same folder as the file/folder you click to start the movie.

Can you have several externals for the same movie and get options whichone u wanna enable?

so im currently reading through the thread but its alot of information :D
whats the prefered way to network share? NFS or SMB?

NFS is mildly faster as more efficient, SMB is simpler as native windows (if using a windows box) but needs to be SMBv1 I think which may need a setting changing if your server is Windows 10 instead of a NAS

For the m9702 to see the files and play them with dolby vision and what not, does it need AVCHD folder? or in what format

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom