THE ULTIMATE OPPO MEDIA DEVICE !

1. M9702v3 is jailbroken.No need to jailbreak.sacd.iso can only be seen by selecting the video item to play.
  2. Region code change without rebooting
  3. AutoScript can work, All can Telnet with or without jailbreak

M9702v3 is jailbroken.No need to jailbreak.sacd.iso can only be seen by selecting the video item to play.

This is the nugget I needed. I can see the SACD ISOs and play them when I go through Movies. I missed this when browsing the 160 pages. Thanks. I'll check the telenet stuff as well, and connect some network shares.

A couple of things to note, the mtkTools/M9702 are very particular about thumb sticks. I tried a few which failed for some reasons, but amazingly enough a microsd card in a usb card reader worked! The instructions on the avpassion site linked to a couple of pages back are the easiest to follow for people with the M9702.

Telnet sometimes not working....
Has anyone found some consistant way og getting telnet to work each time? With my current usb pen it looks like sometimes it works and sometimes not.

Telnet sometimes not working....
Has anyone found some consistant way og getting telnet to work each time? With my current usb pen it looks like sometimes it works and sometimes not.
I have never failed in Telnet mode
1~4GB FAT32 USB is plugged into the front panel. Note: Do not plug it in after booting
AutoScript.TSS only has two lines, don't add unnecessary blanks,No need to execute telnetd
Must be in the first and second lines.Not after mount or other commands
Code:
CLI(CLI_exec echo root::0:0:root,,,:/root:/bin/sh>/etc/passwd)
CLI(CLI_exec inetd &)

Last edited:
I have never failed in Telnet mode
1~4GB FAT32 USB is plugged into the front panel. Note: Do not plug it in after booting
AutoScript.TSS only has two lines, don't add unnecessary blanks,No need to execute telnetd
Must be in the first and second lines.Not after mount or other commands
Code:
CLI(CLI_exec inetd &)

Like this?

Code:
CLI(CLI_exec inetd &)
SLEEPMS (8000)
CLI (CLI_exec /usr/sbin/telnetd &)
#
CLI (CLI_exec mount.cifs //192.168.1.***/Disk_sda1 mnt/sda1/FilmeUHD 4 -o user=, password=,ro)
CLI (CLI_exec mount.cifs //192.168.1.***/Disk_sdb2 mnt/sda1/FilmeUHD2 -o user=, password=, ro)
CLI (CLI_exec mount.cifs //192.168.1.***/Disk_sdc4 mnt/sda1/MOVIES -o user=, password=, ro)
CLI (CLI_exec mount.cifs //192.168.1.***/Disk_sdd1 mnt/sda1/FilmeUHD4K -o user=, password=, ro)
CLI (CLI_exec mount.cifs //192.168.1.***/Disk_sde1 mnt/sda1/FilmeUHD3 -o user=, password=, ro)
#
CLI (CLI_exec mount > /mnt/sda1/mount.txt)
#
CLI (CLI_exec /bin/sync)
#

AutoScript.txt it is empy?

You don't need the telnetd line, it start automatically.

Is the M9702 still available in Europe?

Hello,

looking into this box as a UHD playback option, most importantly for DV.

Got a few questions for owners and experts here:

(1) how can I contact the seller ? his website does not list an email address or a contact form

(2) what's the main differences between M9702 v3 and the new M9205 ?

(3) can any owner confirm that either M9702 v3 or M9205 play full UHD disc folders (dual layer / DV profile 7) from external USB HDD ? or are any additional mods needed for this ?

(4) why do some folks still prefer an original Oppo 203 (now expensive, even used) over these new and cheaper Oppo clones ? What can the genuine Oppo do that these clones can't ?

Thanks !

Hello,

looking into this box as a UHD playback option, most importantly for DV.

Got a few questions for owners and experts here:

(1) how can I contact the seller ? his website does not list an email address or a contact form

(2) what's the main differences between M9702 v3 and the new M9205 ?

(3) can any owner confirm that either M9702 v3 or M9205 play full UHD disc folders (dual layer / DV profile 7) from external USB HDD ? or are any additional mods needed for this ?

(4) why do some folks still prefer an original Oppo 203 (now expensive, even used) over these new and cheaper Oppo clones ? What can the genuine Oppo do that these clones can't ?

Thanks !
Rong has a little bit of a language barrier.
Communicating with him isnt easy.
The M9702v3 is discontinued. The next revised model of that is the M9205.
He fixed some things, re-adding CEC, VFD display, coaxial output, revised different or better main pcb.. check out AVPassion forum post here for more info: Reproductores M9201, M9203 y M9205 (nuevos Chinoppo: clon Oppo 203 y Oppo 205)

Since I owned an M9702 v2, and got an Oppo 203, I prefered the full on real deal actual Oppo unit over the clone. The clone was missing lots of things. The clone supposedly had unsafe firmware powering down issues.

Sure they both played 4K UHD BD ISOs perfectly. The clone surely is cheaply made. Rong is gettin better at the revisions on the next model. But its going up in cost. Almost worth just plunkin down the money for the real deal of an Oppo UDP-203 unit and be done with it. Not to mention the firmware he puts on his M9702's. Crippled!

Besides... Myself and moremodey1 have privided the Free Russian Fully Activated (never needs a key to activat), Jailbroken firmware.

Last edited:

Not sure if I can completely confirm Profile 7 (don't know what that is), but I ripped my Apocalypse Now Final Cut UHD disk and it looks perfect. It's DV and Dolby Atmos, no issues plays from 5TB USB spinning disk. I've attached the screen shots of the M9702 info screen.

IMG_4572.jpeg

IMG_4573.jpeg

Since I owned an M9702 v2, and got an Oppo 203, I prefered the full on real deal actual Oppo unit over the clone. The clone was missing lots of things. The clone supposedly had unsafe firmware powering down issues.

So what exactly do you prefer on the genuine Oppo ? What was the clone missing ?

Once the clone is installed in the HT chain and plays back discs, ISOs or folders it should pretty much good to go... would love to know what else the genuine Oppo adds...

And what were the results of the "unsafe firmware powering down issues" ? The clone just powered down on it's own ?

Main point for me is to play UHD discs folders from external USB HDD - don't wanna get up and change discs ever again.

But its going up in cost. Almost worth just plunkin down the money for the real deal of an Oppo UDP-203 unit and be done with it.

well, buying a used UDP-203 nowadays costs almost 3x times as much as the new M9201 clone (AVP price) - I could buy the next three version of Rong's clones and end up at same price... and have three players for three rooms...... this is why I'm asking what the genuine Oppo adds for you...

Not to mention the firmware he puts on his M9702's. Crippled!

can you elaborate on that ? what exactly is crippled ?

Besides... Myself and moremodey1 have privided the Free Russian Fully Activated (never needs a key to activat), Jailbroken firmware.

saw that, great stuff !

Thanks !

Pete19;
I prefer and love my Oppo-203.
I should have gotten one years ago before it got discontinued and Oppo left the market.

The Clone I had, the M9702 v2 was missing:
AutoScript
VFD Display
Wifi
2nd USB 3.0 port
BD-ROM Drive
CEC
HDMI IN
7.1 Audio Out
I wanted the full on real deal genuine product.

I never saw proof of what some others claimed the M9702 has "unsafe" firmware powering down because of how Rong implemented some of the SOC and chips. Something about it was missing a chip that the Actual Oppo-203 has.

I got my Oppo-203 off ebay for $890 USD. Lucky me, mint condition and from a local owner.

It is my opinion, that Rongs firmware currently disabled AutoScript, and had a "Guitar" wallpaper that was terrible. And should you need to re-install its firmware, he will not offer the activation file. Or if you put on another firmware or if it glitches and looses the activation file in the Nand.

Its not that bad the M9702, I would suppose the saying is, you get what you pay for. And you can get more units for your moneys worth compared to what you would spend on just one Oppo-203 unit.

Lastly, peace of mind. I dont have to worry about the clone might not fully have this or that and thats why it glitches a certain way because I had enough of a tease, I wanted the real thing. I hope that helps.

The m9702 does work fine with full BD/UHDBDs. If you don't need the extra features that the original has then it's a good thing.
But it's a "cheaper" version of it, in every way. Personally I think it's still overpriced, warranty is questionable at least, etc. Maybe the new m9705 would be a bit better, but we need user reviews for that to decide.

Use the same jailbroken firmware 20xRU-65-0131 or 20xCN-65-0131
M9xxx The maximum number of subtitles is 32
udp-203 The maximum number of subtitles is 39

the m9702 doesn't power down "safely" it ust cuts power to it.

generally, this is not a problem, however, on occasion you will restart your m9702 with corrupted settings and everything will be reset to defaults (i.e. chinese). This has happened to me a handful of times (though not recently). When this has happened I've had to take out google translate on my phone to do the live translation of what I see on my tv screen to reset everything the way I want it (well mostly to get to the language screen and set it back to english).

Not sure if I can completely confirm Profile 7 (don't know what that is), but I ripped my Apocalypse Now Final Cut UHD disk and it looks perfect. It's DV and Dolby Atmos, no issues plays from 5TB USB spinning disk. I've attached the screen shots of the M9702 info screen.

View attachment 1382653

View attachment 1382652

same. All of my .TS and .mp4 SL DV playback properly. A few have started with an all green colour format, but stopping playback and resuming has fixed that .

M9xxx The maximum number of subtitles is 32
udp-203 The maximum number of subtitles is 39
Interesting, how on earth can this happen?! :)

Interesting, how on earth can this happen?! :)
You can use MKV to test. name.1.srt~name.39.srt
The figure below is the maximum number of subtitles for UDP-203.
外掛字幕.jpg

M8702 There is also a Dolby Vision picture shifted to the left, and the left and right black edges are of different sizes, This is a problem with Overscan.
769fa6d811554a8060082c505dfd2cec.jpg

@All: thanks for the feedback ! Has some of this improved w/ the newer models M920x ?

So what would using that JB fw on the clone achieve ?

It is my opinion, that Rongs firmware currently disabled AutoScript, and had a "Guitar" wallpaper that was terrible. And should you need to re-install its firmware, he will not offer the activation file. Or if you put on another firmware or if it glitches and looses the activation file in the Nand.

Apologies, not following. Does that mean his clone unit needs an activation file ? And why would he not supply that to the buyer at time of purchase ?

M8702 There is also a Dolby Vision picture shifted to the left, and the left and right black edges are of different sizes, This is a problem with Overscan.

Are you using Overscan deliberately or why is Overscan activated ? And/or: are all DV movies shifted left/right w/ the M9702 clone ?

Thanks.

Spotter;
Why dont you use the option to backup your settings in the Oppo Settings Menu? They backup to an external USB drive thats attached. Like on mine, it backed them up on my back USB 3.0 port 128GB PNY Slim Flash Drive that I was using for AutoScripts, it saved: UDP203.cfg file to it.

Pete19, using that free, never needing Activation Jailbroken Russian firmware on an M9702 or on an Oppo UDP-203 is better than the one Rong uses. I've stated some main reasons. Rong currently Pre-Activates it with his activation da1 file already in the Nand. I dont know yet if he's still doing this on the new M9205 units. Not sure what other customizations he will be doing or has done. Mabe still have AutoScript disabled too? Maybe custom wallpapers on the home screen? Just saying, might as well re-flash to the full on FREE Russian firmware and never again have to worry about needing an activation file. And then you can customize the home wallpapers yourself.

Or, just leave it all alone and incase you need to, your backup is the option to re-flash using the free one provided on this forum.

liwil;
I thought I read somewhere that its Oppo's firmware from the get go that has a bug on the Overscan and it never got fixed. I could be wrong.

These are other people asked me, not my own problem, I didn't buy Mxxxx products

Rongs himself said that the subtitle problem cannot be solved.
M8702 is the same for all Dolby Vision, but HDR does not have this wrong, and the display correct.

Last edited:
Hello,

I have Oppo 203 EU edition and i am thinking of Jailbrake it for Region Free option. I have a question so from the prepared package "EU Oppo to Russian Firmware" - page 135 i have to extract to USB flash those files/folders:
AutoScript - folder
UDP20XEU.bin

And do everything from manual attached to this pack and that it ? Second question after hackt jailbreak is option for the external subtitles from USB for original Blu-ray's and UHD its gonna still work right ? And with the jailbreak software there is a option to turn OFF/ON Forced subtitles for example french blu-ray imported from France ?

Best Regards.

pred895-
Follow the info from post and the included pdf manual.
The zipped files is packed and ready with all the files you need.

After its complete, you still get the same subtitle functionality as described in the Unofficial Oppo 203 Faq. If I understand your last question, you can still choose to turn off or on Blu-ray and 4k UHD Bluaray subtitles. Im not sure about ALL forced subtitles. Because some movies have burned in for ed subtitles...

The Jailbreak only adds the features that are listed on page 135. Same Russian Jailbreak features.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom