The Witcher: Blood Origin prequel series (Netflix)

gavinhanly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Set 1200 years before the first series - and will deal with the origins of the first Witcher:

Here's the showrunner:

De Barra wrote "Of Banquets, Bastards and Burials" in the first series, which was definitely one of the highlights.

Yes! Can't wait for the prequel. I loved the witcher and Henry Cavill! There are a lot of questions they can answer with this prequel. Or at least give us a better understandig of the witcher's world.
I hope for a good cast and an interesting storyline.:)

According to the NSFW blog, Recapped, the limited prequel series will film between May and December 2021. No specific dates were provided. It should be noted that, while reports from Recapped have proven to be accurate in the past, the report has not yet been confirmed. Recapped itself has stated that these are rumors.

A report from the NSFW blog Recapped suggested that the Netflix series is currently casting for two female leads: one by the name of Eile "The Lark" Lithe and the other named Princess Merwyn. Eile is described as being muscular and in her mid-20s while Princess Merwyn is only described as being younger. It should be noted that at this time, the report cannot be confirmed and should be treated as a rumor.

I'd much rather they concentrated on making the main show high quality and making it last the full distance with a complete story (Netflix has a history of cancelling shows after 1-2 seasons). Why they'd pump money into this while the main show is still young is a bit premature.

Jodie Turner-Smith has been cast in a lead role

Jodie-Turner-Smith-hero.jpg

Minnie Driver joins in a lead role

Watched 2 episodes and have given up. Seems I'm not alone.

View attachment 1799924
Got this on my watch list but seen quite a few comments on how poor it looked before it released, and them scores certainly dont help. Will give it a go though, but have low expectations now.

Watched all four episodes and... it's not that bad but definitely nowhere The Witcher. CGI-is okeyish, characters are basically ok and story is what You can except with fantasy series like this (not great).
BUT dialogue is so empty and fake. Dry, humorless, no sense making jargon.

Only time i laughed a bit was where dwarf that appears from nowhere says
"come with me if you want to live".

This just fails to deliver the potential that at least at some level was there.

**/5

The Witcher franchise on Netflix is Dead, this show has had universal panning from everyone and no one is going to tune in for season 3. Netflix had their Game of Thrones in their hands but blew it for woke identity politics.

The Witcher franchise on Netflix is Dead, this show has had universal panning from everyone and no one is going to tune in for season 3. Netflix had their Game of Thrones in their hands but blew it for woke identity politics.
Totally agree, plus terrible writing. The only good thing was 'enry.
Jimmy nail as yennifer was a strange choice too.

Watched 2 ep., its way down on Witcher quality, but it's OK and will continue with it.

Can't take LH seriously in the role, not a great bad guy choice.

It's not a must watch.

Last edited:
Now watched all 4 and liked it. No classic but OK. 5/10

Last edited:
really wanted to like this, but it wouldn't let me.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom