The Wizard of Oz 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

Simon Crust

Editorial Contributor
Reaction score
Excellent review. Bought some many versions over the years, so I’ve got the 4K on the rental list!

Wow not seen it for years, might have to pick it up now though.

The finest movie ever made 😎

Excellent review and what an interesting choice for a 4K remaster. I will have to consider this one carefully, since the magpie in me wants to add it to my collection, where the sensible voice in my head tells me that if I did I would probably never get round to sitting down and watching it.

Great review,thanks Simon! Would be additionally useful if you made it clear which HDR version you viewed,though in this case DV is ruled out; I’m assuming HDR10+?
Wasn’t planning to get this,but now?....And given that the Memsaab has never heard of it?:eek:.....Hmmm:rolleyes:?

The steelbook release doesn't appeal to me, so - I picked up the slipcover edition. Simon I couldn't agree more with your review! Spot on! Here is hoping for a 4k release for - Return to OZ in 4k. :D

Excellent review and what an interesting choice for a 4K remaster. I will have to consider this one carefully, since the magpie in me wants to add it to my collection, where the sensible voice in my head tells me that if I did I would probably never get round to sitting down and watching it.
I hate to say it, but this for me is what Streaming is for. Now if I watch it and love it, then maybe I pick up the disc.

Great review,thanks Simon! Would be additionally useful if you made it clear which HDR version you viewed,though in this case DV is ruled out; I’m assuming HDR10+?
Wasn’t planning to get this,but now?....And given that the Memsaab has never heard of it?:eek:.....Hmmm:rolleyes:?
Not going to be HDR10+ either on the Panasonic DMP-UB400

This 4K disc is the only one that’s made me go wow! I mean wow! The detailing on Dorothy’s dress is phenomenal! The colours pop! The green on the wicked witch is incredible and it’s almost like I’ve watched the film for the first time. If you love the film and have a 4K set up, it’s the ONLY way to watch it. Outstanding presentation.

On my watchlist now as iTunes has it in 4K. Usually if a "must-watch" movie on iTunes is not in Atmos, I avoid as their "standard" 5.1 is way behind the disk version. But as this track is relatively basic, bring it on! :)

Just watched this on 4K disc and cannot believe how good it looks for such an old film.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom