The Xbox One General Chat thread

Not keen on the new Dashboard, scrolling down isn't as good as scrolling across, it just looks messy now

Looking to buy some games in the sales on Xbox store.
A plague tale is around £22 I think, might get that, hope it doesn’t hit GP anytime soon.
Anyone checked out the Xbox store sale lots of discounts. Might get something else if I see anything that looks good.

Thats the thing gamepass is actually stopping me purchasing games

Same here, but when I see some good deals I'm tempted, I'm not fussed if they end up on Game pass, but would be disappointed if I spent £30 on a game only for it to hit GP 2-3 weeks later, if it was 2-3 months I wouldn't be bothered.

I guess I could save my money and give Subnautica a go, seems like its quite good from what I have read.

I guess I could save my money and give Subnautica a go, seems like its quite good from what I have read.
I bought and am currently playing Subnautica and it's really good. If you like those Survival style games it's something different.

Top Tip: if you are going to play it make sure to manually save often.

I bought and am currently playing Subnautica and it's really good. If you like those Survival style games it's something different.

Top Tip: if you are going to play it make sure to manually save often.

Installed, will give it a go later.

Which are the Xbox exclusive games? I’ve heard a lot of good things about Last of Us but it’s a PS4 exclusive. Is there anything similar on Xbox that’s as good?

Which are the Xbox exclusive games? I’ve heard a lot of good things about Last of Us but it’s a PS4 exclusive. Is there anything similar on Xbox that’s as good?

The Exclusives I have enjoyed have been Ryse, Sunset OD & Ori and the Blind Forest.
They won't be highly rated like The Last Of Us which imo was a bit boring and never gripped me....shocking I know. But I enjoyed Ryse for what it was and Sunset OD and Ori were great fun to play. Also Forza Horizon even if your not a racing game fan, it's just fun.
I seem to prefer the Xbox Games/Exclusives. Best PS4 one for me was Ratchet & Clank or HZD.

Anyone checked out the Xbox store sale lots of discounts. Might get something else if I see anything that looks good.

I'm trying my best to resist getting the latest COD, would cost me about £25 as I have free credit already in my account.

I enjoyed the single player on this years CoD, multiplayer does my head in most of the time. Don’t really play ground war but the normal CoD multiplayer is instadeath from random directions a lot of the time. It also doesn’t seem to have any sort of skill based matchmaking so my level 30 something will be matched with people 100+. Although Christmas is newbie season so might be a bit of an easier introduction.

The Exclusives I have enjoyed have been Ryse, Sunset OD & Ori and the Blind Forest.
They won't be highly rated like The Last Of Us which imo was a bit boring and never gripped me....shocking I know. But I enjoyed Ryse for what it was and Sunset OD and Ori were great fun to play. Also Forza Horizon even if your not a racing game fan, it's just fun.
I seem to prefer the Xbox Games/Exclusives. Best PS4 one for me was Ratchet & Clank or HZD.
You prefer XBOX exclusives. :laugh: My ribs.

frankly this generation the xbox exclusives have done very little for me. I would find it very hard to recommend many of them

I did like quantum break and gears 5 is one of the best looking games around but still hasnt recaptured how great the first three were

frankly this generation the xbox exclusives have done very little for me. I would find it very hard to recommend many of them

I did like quantum break and gears 5 is one of the best looking games around but still hasnt recaptured how great the first three were

I really hope Xbox announce some brilliant sounding games at E3 in 2020 ready for the new xbox launch. I'm getting the next gen console but which is still very much undecided for me.

xbox games that will probably be announced for launch next year halo, forza, fable yawn something new please.

I’m totally over GoW. 4 and 5 just seem like the same repetitive story and gameplay. I’m only playing 5 as it’s on game pass.

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Hope you've all had a wonderful day and that your top button is well and truly undone after a cracking lunch. :D

New Games for XCloud Preview

XCloud.jpg

Does anyone find the activity feed not updating, I got a few trophies earlier and thought I would check out the activity feed, I refreshed it as well but the earliest entry was like 6hrs ago.

Probably not a waste at all as they Market the platform to millions or viewers on Mixer, YouTube, Facebook and all other social media platforms. These guys get millions of subs both on mixer and YouTube plus other social media platforms and mixer is viewed and part of their brand now. Pays for marketing twice over probably.

It may not be of interest to most on here but MS made a smart move. If it pays off in the long run who knows but they have some of the biggest game streamers on their platform now. Not a bad position to be on going into Next Gen of gaming and streaming.

Plus you have to take into account Marketing of MS Games when it comes to this. Ninja streamed Gears to millions of viewers at launch that in itself probably covered their marketing budget and got people to download it via Gamepass or purchase it.

20 Million is nothing for a AAA Game Marketing.

I have no interested in these famous game streamers but read this on kotaku it appears Microsoft are apparently paying ninja $20 million a year for mixer exclusivity.

what a waste of money

Id say it was the same as any industry that has 'celebrity' endorsement for its products. Am I going to buy a pair of Nikes because Ronaldo wears them, no will my missus go to B&M's for a washing up brush because Stacey Solomon says its good on Instagram #ad, yes.

The whole streaming thing isn't for me, I don't get enough time to game myself, let alone watch someone play and then donate money to them, madness.

The whole streaming thing isn't for me, I don't get enough time to game myself, let alone watch someone play and then donate money to them, madness.

It's a generational thing. I teach a class of thirty 10-11 year old children. ALL the boys spend a huge amount of time watching 'star' streamers, and each other play (some of the girls too). They drop all these names and then laugh at me for not knowing who they are :(

A lot of them don't have the money for many games, so watch other people play.

The equivalent of me hanging around the arcades in the '80s watching the older/richer kids playing 1942!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom