The Xbox One General Chat thread

That would be fantastic. Any idea of when we will get it? Actually don't the Yanks have it already?

@Det, do you use a harmony remote you control your xb1? If so how does the one guide thing work?
We have it out here but I can't use it cuz the cable we have doesn't have HDMI out :facepalm:

And I'm too poor to have a harmony remote. I'm not sure I'd ever be in a position where a hundred bucks couldn't be used on something more useful in my house.

We have it out here but I can't use it cuz the cable we have doesn't have HDMI out :facepalm:

And I'm too poor to have a harmony remote. I'm not sure I'd ever be in a position where a hundred bucks couldn't be used on something more useful in my house.
Ah fair enough, will have to do some Internet searching.

Steam have great greenlight system now where indie developers get their games published if any good. Always a constant stream of them as well so it would be good to think all the decent ones get console ports.

Hi i've just bought a new screen and it's HD , need you to send out another box so I can view tv ..... oh the effort indeed
Honestly, the effort required for how much I watch TV is too much... because I don't watch TV.

Kids do. I don't. Therefore exerting energy to get a new box and then send back the old one... not happenin.

You have been guilty of doing this!

I know, it's funny really. You know which people are on which side and when you read their posts they basically slag off the other console, under a thinly veiled disguise which looks like they are praising it on one hand.

Both sides are just as bad. There are a few neutral posters, but most have a heavy bias. To be honest my bias was clearly towards the PS4 until I actually bought the XB1, so I can understand it. I do still prefer the PS4 overall, but only just if I'm honest. There's not much in it for me now. If the one guide comes together well then that could swing the balance.

You have been guilty of doing this!
Yes I know, I even admitted my bias in the post you quoted. We all do (whether we will admit it or not). It's not something I want to do however, but it's very difficult (if not impossible) to avoid doing it if you only have one of the consoles as a point of reference.

Yes I know, I even admitted my bias in the post you quoted. We all do (whether we will admit it or not). It's not something I want to do however, but it's very difficult (if not impossible) to avoid doing it if you only have one of the consoles as a point of reference.
The amusing part is that most the people arguing about which black box is best will probably have bought both by the end of this year anyway.

I bought X1 cos I knew I'd prefer the experience and games early on. I'll get ps4 when it makes sense though.

Sorry, I disagree. There are lots of people on "both sides" that seem to be so pro "their console" they would rather "cut their nose of to spite their face" as my dear old gran would say.

Confuses the fudge out of me....both GAME consoles, BOTH will have AMAZING exclusives.

The amusing part is that most the people arguing about which black box is best will probably have bought both by the end of this year anyway.

I bought X1 cos I knew I'd prefer the experience and games early on. I'll get ps4 when it makes sense though.

Sorry, I disagree. There are lots of people on "both sides" that seem to be so pro "their console" they would rather "cut their nose of to spite their face" as my dear old gran would say.

Confuses the **** out of me....both GAME consoles, BOTH will have AMAZING exclusives.
Well they are the ones who lose out at the end of the day I guess.

Very true, they also tend to be the people that make reading the gaming forums a chore unfortunately.
True, although on the whole I don't think it's deliberate. It's very difficult to have a rounded view of a system if folk don't own it. People hear various comments and reports, they may have unsatisfactory limited experience of the console and they base their views on this generally unreliable exposure.

Indeed. I had an xbox one for a couple of months but got annoyed with having 2 faulty kinects so traded it for a ps4. A week after I got my new pc and my ps4 has simply just been used for Fifa with my lad when he stops. Its got nothing that interests me in the slightest game wise at the moment but I'm happy with everything else. Hardware/Software wise. I do miss a bit of golf and peggle 2 though :(

Does anyone here still play their old machines? Must admit I rarely go back - I know some people love their retro gaming but I much prefer playing with the best of the most recent games rather than living in the past. Also, invariably when I have gone back, I've ended up feeling disappointment as most titles that were brilliant way back when tend to age very badly.

I still play 360. Skyrim and RDR and stick of truth when I get my copy delivered.

Not ps3 though.

Really hope we get stick of truth on the One

That would be fantastic. Any idea of when we will get it? Actually don't the Yanks have it already?

@Det, do you use a harmony remote you control your xb1? If so how does the one guide thing work?

Not sure when we're getting it, though I can't see it being too long hopefully.

I still think PS4 excels over XB1 magnanimously in one department... predictive text.

Seriously... why MS still hasn't added that in beyond gamertag searching is beyond me.

Makes typing things out on the xb1 a chore.

I still think PS4 excels over XB1 magnanimously in one department... predictive text.

Seriously... why MS still hasn't added that in beyond gamertag searching is beyond me.

Makes typing things out on the xb1 a chore.
I miss my chatpad. Hate typing things out on the on-screen keyboard thing, takes flippin' ages. I tend now just to have my iPad next to me and use smartglass to send messages, which is a lot faster, but not everyone has a tablet and can do this. The chatpad was great for me. I could type pretty fast on it and I'd got the controller in my hands so no faffing around swapping it for a tablet, typing out a message then swapping back to controller. I know how lazy that sounds, but it's not easy putting these things down and picking them up when you're wallowing around on a massive bean bag :rolleyes:

The One supports wireless keyboards, I have mine connected.

The One supports wireless keyboards, I have mine connected.
Want to send me yours? ;)

I refuse to buy a keyboard, wireless or not, with that intent when the onus rests with MS.

Call me entitled if you want but when I can type this post while driving safely cuz my phone has amazing prediction then it makes sense a box with 6 or 7 times the resources should be able to do it too.

Snap.

Want to send me yours? ;)

I refuse to buy a keyboard, wireless or not, with that intent when the onus rests with MS.

Call me entitled if you want but when I can type this post while driving safely cuz my phone has amazing prediction then it makes sense a box with 6 or 7 times the resources should be able to do it too.

Snap.

For all the shipping would cost it would be cheaper for me to order you a new one on Amazon US. :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom