The Xbox One General Chat thread

I still buy physics copies.
At least if the worst happened and I lost my account I’d still have my games.
Yeah but if a plane fell out the sky and landed on your house when you were in work, you wouldn't.

If you have Game Pass and not on Rewards then this is a good video guide on it.
Worth doing to gain some free credit for just playing games.

Just got it this morning though i suspect it downloaded last night.

I used to be on the insider programme but quit because all the updates were annoying!

You still hang out on DS?
yes still go on digital spy the thing is on digital spy their games section you can have a chat with everyone about games no matter what you play on where as on avforums theres a thread in the xbox forum on a game and one in the ps4 section and as such stuff is more duplicated and segregated.

yes still go on digital spy the thing is on digital spy their games section you can have a chat with everyone about games no matter what you play on where as on avforums theres a thread in the xbox forum on a game and one in the ps4 section and as such stuff is more duplicated and segregated.
I'd love to see the forum do that but I can also see how seperating them also helps to be a bit more specific. Esp the PC side when trying to troubleshoot for instance.

Thats what they do at digital spy they also have PlayStation and xbox sections for topics that are specifically just for that ecosystem. It just saves alot of having two threads for each game for example rather than having an outer worlds thread on xbox and an outer worlds thread on PlayStation everyone talks about outer worlds in one place. you can just end up having the same conversation in two places the way its currently set out

Thats what they do at digital spy they also have PlayStation and xbox sections for topics that are specifically just for that ecosystem. It just saves alot of having two threads for each game for example rather than having an outer worlds thread on xbox and an outer worlds thread on PlayStation everyone talks about outer worlds in one place. you can just end up having the same conversation in two places the way its currently set out
Yeah, whenever i post a new thread for a game I end up doing it in 3 places!

I’m not overly keen on the new games and apps section.
Having only your installed games at the top but then having to go further down to access the full library with ready to install.
The way it was before was perfect. Just a tap of the right or left bumpers to switch between installed and ready to install.

I love that you can now hide Mixer altogether.

I’m not overly keen on the new games and apps section.
Having only your installed games at the top but then having to go further down to access the full library with ready to install.
The way it was before was perfect. Just a tap of the right or left bumpers to switch between installed and ready to install.

I love that you can now hide Mixer altogether.

I noticed the change today, can't say I felt any difference in searching for and playing my current installed games, but stuff like updates is now hidden away.
I rarely go into my full library to install something.

Its so tidy now great improvment on the top tabs. I like what they've done with games and apps, again its cleaner, though i do think they should have left Updates on the list and not put it inside manage.

Over all it feels faster and more intuitive, just a shame they cant do away with the 3 Ads, it would be super clean if they did.

Theres no xbox community on ds at all, such a shame, its the reason i dont visit anymore.

Think its because people just chat about the games in the games section.

I like being able to talk to everybody in one place

Last edited:
Is there such a thing as rack/hub/storage unit to keep multiple external HDD in rather than having them left out separately?
I can’t think of the right wording to search with.
Searching HDD rack doesn’t bring up anything closely resembling what I’m thinking of to buy, but image results have some pretty close things, like this
1D43E61F-63B3-4870-BE0E-78968291E8E9.jpeg

I’m just looking for something simple like this.
A little plastic rack to slot a couple of Ex HDDs in. As long as they don’t slide out.

Is there such a thing as rack/hub/storage unit to keep multiple external HDD in rather than having them left out separately?
I can’t think of the right wording to search with.
Searching HDD rack doesn’t bring up anything closely resembling what I’m thinking of to buy, but image results have some pretty close things, like this
View attachment 1266720
I’m just looking for something simple like this.
A little plastic rack to slot a couple of Ex HDDs in. As long as they don’t slide out.

Those all seem to be for SATA HDDs to convert them to externals.

I have 2 external HDDs like this, but at the moment they're just sitting on the back of my TV unit, plugged into my X1X.
What I'm looking for is something to basically stack them in, to keep them tidy and secure, and avoid knocking them about when I'm cleaning.
Just a little rack of sorts.
I've looked online for HDD accessories, but can't seem to get the results I want because all that keeps popping up are HDD caddies for SATAs.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Those all seem to be for SATA HDDs to convert them to externals.

I have 2 external HDDs like this, but at the moment they're just sitting on the back of my TV unit, plugged into my X1X.
What I'm looking for is something to basically stack them in, to keep them tidy and secure, and avoid knocking them about when I'm cleaning.
Just a little rack of sorts.
I've looked online for HDD accessories, but can't seem to get the results I want because all that keeps popping up are HDD caddies for SATAs.
How about something like this..

Nothing here, what’s it for King Tones?

I never went on them before the change.
Now they’re more hidden, it’s a bonus.

Are all xbox one controllers the same or are there different versions? With the schools closing I was thinking this is a chance to play lego Harry Potter with my daughter, but it will only be used infrequently, so dont want to spend too much. Think they are £35 on Amazon.

What the actual fudge is going on tonight?
Either my friends are playing silly buggers or there's some serious connection issues.
I've had 2 different friends constantly pop up as being online tonight.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom