Thinking of using Zavvi

They’re not the best. They’re very expensive, don’t do free delivery and the customer service can be a pain if something goes wrong.

On the other hand they do get 90% of UK exclusive steelbooks and they have some good offers on regular 4K too (2 for £20 on Sony titles at the minute).

The code ZAVVIFD should give free delivery although I'm pretty sure they offer free delivery on the dearer steelbooks.

Packaging is horrendous and the majority of the time I've received dented steelbooks so gave up ordering from them.

I've been ordering from Zavvi for years, mainly steelbooks. Red Carpet membership has been worthwhile at £10 for a year with free delivery and 10% off in stock items, 10% off also works for pre-orders if you're quick. Had a few damaged steelbooks out of the hundreds I've purchased, either been replaced or a discount agreed. Customer service might not be the quickest but I've never had an issue go unresolved. The steelbook packaging is much better than most other retailers I've ordered from.

I’m an RCVIP, as others have said they’re quite expensive, but I’ve not really had any issues with them, re damage or non delivery etc.

Anyone have any thoughts on Zavvi for 4k steel books and blurays?

Thingking of ordering seom items from them but never uised them before.

Any good or bad issues i should be aware of please?

Thanks.
I guess you’ve never noticed this sub forum then?
80-90% of the threads are for a Zavvi exclusive steelbook, so yeah maybe a few of us have ordered from them before ;)

Zavvi are really slow at the moment (understandable) , the slowest compared to the likes of Zoom and Amazon. I’ve ordered discs and they are taking between 5-10 days just to be dispatched, then another 5 days to arrive.

zoom are about 6 days from ordering to receiving.
Amazon Prime still next day for me

Been ordering with Zavvi for years and never had a problem. Delivery can be slow but generally I'm pleased with the service.

Just got this

Sounds like bs to me, what do people think?

Thank you for placing order with us.

I am sorry to let you know that there has been a problem in the warehouse which has resulted in your order being stopped prior to dispatch.

I understand this is disappointing and we are sorry. I will investigate further and request for the order to be sent to you as soon as possible. Should there be a problem with dispatching the order, we will arrange for this to be cancelled and for the money to be returned to your account upon confirmation of the cancellation.

I will be in contact shortly to give you an update. Thank you for your patience.

If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

I have never had a problem with them, with the exception of one broken Star Trek Original Series boxset where the plastic housing was all broken in transit. Sent them some pictures and they offered a discount or replacement.

That said they are really slow for delivery and just like you my last order they took like a week and a email to dispatch an item, actually no sooner had I emailed within a couple of hours the disc had dispatched.

I ordered a 4k disc from Zavvi on 1st May, and it's still showing as 'processing' (expected shipping 8th May!). I sent them an email a couple of days ago and got a generic response, which was basically "We're busy because of COVID". No indication of when it might actually be shipped.

I eventually got my orders, I have given them another go, but have been let down again, I think. £ discs ordered at the same time. all with separate dispatch emails with in 15min of each other. however , I only received one of the discs today. is that normal? Plus the one i got today was the one that had the dispatch email in the middle of the other two. very strange. Anyone with any thoughts ?

I eventually got my orders, I have given them another go, but have been let down again, I think. £ discs ordered at the same time. all with separate dispatch emails with in 15min of each other. however , I only received one of the discs today. is that normal? Plus the one i got today was the one that had the dispatch email in the middle of the other two. very strange. Anyone with any thoughts ?
I take a Zavvi dispatch email with a pinch of salt. Prior to the current situation I usually got a pre-order dispatch email on a Wednesday but never get delivery until Monday. However if I ordered something in stock it would generally arrive within 2 days from getting the dispatch email. I'd expect with the discs you ordered that they left the warehouse at the same time and it's the post causing you not to get them all today.
I don't know why Zavvi don't box them all together when ordered at the same time but if I'm not going to be in it's handy that they are separate as they fit through the letterbox.

I take a Zavvi dispatch email with a pinch of salt. Prior to the current situation I usually got a pre-order dispatch email on a Wednesday but never get delivery until Monday. However if I ordered something in stock it would generally arrive within 2 days from getting the dispatch email. I'd expect with the discs you ordered that they left the warehouse at the same time and it's the post causing you not to get them all today.
I don't know why Zavvi don't box them all together when ordered at the same time but if I'm not going to be in it's handy that they are separate as they fit through the letterbox.

So don't worry too much yet? Maybe give it till Tuesday?

So don't worry too much yet? Maybe give it till Tuesday?

Plenty of times I have received items days apart that were dispatched the same day (not just Zavvi) and given current circumstances I wouldn’t worry until at least 2 weeks have gone by.

Yep, I sometimes think the postman doesn't want to carry too much. I've had plenty of discs dispatch at the same time but arrive on different days.

I agree with this as well. Fair enough I suppose.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom