Thinking of...

butcherpete

Established Member
Reaction score
I have had my new BKXXLS400 for about a year now, and its very good... But I have had a couple of problems wit h it, 1st was the speaker was starting to make weird noises, and I thought ."hey up, knackered speaker"< i wrote to Tom, and returned it, obviously under warranty, but still cost £30 carriage. It came back good as new, better if thats possible. and then a few weeks later, it was making weird noises, albeit intermittedly (amplifier?), so without hesitation, I returned it, just the other day, only got stung on the parcel insurance...£49. I have not got it back yet, but my confidence is waning fast... so just seen this on offer at my usual dealers:
KLIPSCH R-115SW SUB, hmmmmm, tempted

Depends of the price, Klipsch in UK is priced very high vs. US. Also the support may not be as good, amp warranty is only 2years. The earlier versions had some amp failures, not sure when they made changes. The new model is called SPL-150, amp looks bit different with same specs.

The performance is roughly similar to SVS PB2000, apart from mid-bass range where the 15" driver will slam harder. It´s a good product from speaker manufacturer. SVS comes with 5year amp warranty, forum advertiser AVO has one open box unit which is basically brand new. 705£.

Then you have the Arendal 1961 1S and the legacy 1723 Sub 1 around 700-800£ mark if you favour sealed design.

Depends of the price, Klipsch in UK is priced very high vs. US. Also the support may not be as good, amp warranty is only 2years. The earlier versions had some amp failures, not sure when they made changes. The new model is called SPL-150, amp looks bit different with same specs.

The performance is roughly similar to SVS PB2000, apart from mid-bass range where the 15" driver will slam harder. It´s a good product from speaker manufacturer. SVS comes with 5year amp warranty, forum advertiser AVO has one open box unit which is basically brand new. 705£.

Then you have the Arendal 1961 1S and the legacy 1723 Sub 1 around 700-800£ mark if you favour sealed design.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom