Third Dimension - The AVForums 20 Best Blu-rays for 3D & Other 3D Disc Chat.

Not all the dreamworks movies do have great 3D effects except few like medagaskar 3 n boss baby. How to train your dragon series was quit flat to me.

You've misunderstood, I want pop out in my 3D, good depth, layering and pop outs make for the best 3D imo.
That is what m saying. A good 3D movie should possess nice pop out scenes with good depth.

Anybody has seen Mr. Peabody n sherman in 3D? How is its 3D presentation?

I don't mind pop-out so much in animation or big SFX sequences, but in more dramatic live-action situations I tend to just see the gimmicky effect rather than it providing more depth and realism to a scene. It's the reason why I'd never go and see a film in '4DX' at our local cinema either; theme park in-auditorium effects don't mix too well with immersive drama.

Andre

I don't mind pop-out so much in animation or big SFX sequences, but in more dramatic live-action situations I tend to just see the gimmicky effect rather than it providing more depth and realism to a scene. It's the reason why I'd never go and see a film in '4DX' at our local cinema either; theme park in-auditorium effects don't mix too well with immersive drama.

Andre
There are exceptions where pop out 3D can work very well in dramatic scenes. Dial M for Murder is all depth apart from the in your face credits and one scene but the way the pop out is done in that scene really makes the viewer part of what's happening on screen.

A moment that made me think Wow in Onward was when the brothers enter the Manticores Tavern, quite something!.

"Onward" in 3D or 4K HDR?

Is onward aspect ratio covers the complete screen or just a letter box screen with black bars at the top n bottom of the screen at 16:9(Just like Frozen-2)?

Last edited:
It’s 2.39:1 AR.

Anybody has seen Mr. Peabody n sherman in 3D? How is its 3D presentation?
Yes. I’ve got Mr Peabody and its a very good presentation. Strong colour, good black levels and tonnes of depth. Its another guilty pleasure for me.

Yes. I’ve got Mr Peabody and its a very good presentation. Strong colour, good black levels and tonnes of depth. Its another guilty pleasure for me.
Thanks for letting know....will get it asap.
Anybody seen "Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole" in 3D?
The best 3D quality movie I have seen ever. Its a medium to average depth movies but image and animation quality is THE BEST, as good as 4K images, must for a 3D fan. It will make LG 3D OLED users feel proud.

Thanks for letting know....will get it asap.
Anybody seen "Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole" in 3D?
The best 3D quality movie I have seen ever. Its a medium to average depth movies but image and animation quality is THE BEST, as good as 4K images, must for a 3D fan. It will make LG 3D OLED users feel proud.
Not seen the 3D version but was impressed with the artwork when I watched in 2D the story was avarage but I get the 3D version on somebodys recomendation on the thread which I have to get round to.

Not seen the 3D version but was impressed with the artwork when I watched in 2D the story was avarage but I get the 3D version on somebodys recomendation on the thread which I have to get round to.
Its one of my most favorites, when it comes to good 3D with great image quality. Its all depth and no pop outs so more immersion as somebody said but its no less than 4K HDR.

I have it in 4K HDR and there is no black bars. :(
Full screen gives a better impact.
That’s odd, my mate just received his copy of the 4k disc and it’s 2.35:1, same as the 3D disc (which I still haven’t received, despite the shipping notification saying it shipped last Friday)!

Finally!

Attachments

• 83764B5C-B59D-40A5-A6A4-267137E469F6.jpeg
    83764B5C-B59D-40A5-A6A4-267137E469F6.jpeg
    498.6 KB · Views: 73
That’s not the best artwork is it!, let me know what you think when you’ve watched it. Fantastic layers and depth.
i don’t mind it actually, it’s similar to one of the early posters. Looking forward to watching it.

That’s not the best artwork is it!, let me know what you think when you’ve watched it. Fantastic layers and depth.
I cant make out what the thing doing with there limbs top right but if its embossed and the van I think would make a nice steelbook.

I notice Stardog and Turbo Cat has started dropping in price. Is it any good. I know a few on here bought it but i couldn’t see any verdict of whether it’s worth a tenner.

anybody no if Pixels 3D is any good?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom