Question Tiny-DS42-D8

davyrocket2

Novice Member
Reaction score
hello I have a plasma Tv its a PS42-D8 my question is ,I have a sky HD DRX895 ,I am already connected this with the scart cable ,I notice there is a ariel input which i have connected to the RF output on the sky HD box but do not seem to be able to get a picture displayed using this method when I remove the back everything inside says samsung but I was informed the make of it is a Tiny .I found this because after endless searching for a remote code I was unable to find one that worked but from a Tv parts retailer when i gave the PS4-D8 code they told me its called a Tiny and after calling sky they gave me a code which I entered and it worked. I have one more question I have 2 betamax VCRs which both work ,a SL-HF950 and a SL-C9 if connect them by means of the ariel/Rf output ,I am not able to tune into the test signal from them,regards David

The TV will have been manufactured by Samsung and then badge-engineered by Tiny.
Keep the Sky box connected by scart...connecting it via RF will give a poor signal compared to scart.
As far as tuning in the Betamax VCRs, most of them output on RF CH36 so you need to tune the TV to that channel or just do a search.

Hello JayCee my reason for connecting Via RF is I have 2 restored Dynatron Tvs a CTV22 and a CTV 28 ,the CTV 28 requires a Lopt which I have found a new one plus a complete panel which came from a working 26 inch version which worked but had a very rotten cabinet also included was the Tube which I saw working the downside is I have to travel from Kent to Wales to collect these items.I did a while ago put a request for a cable for a Sharp aquos ADE ,1 E ,I send a response with a photo of the connecting cable which has a mini 5 pin din/ which I need to replace I think it was you requested a picture but I could not find where I had posted it after working out how to upload a picture .I was not able to find how to get the tiny to search and thought it was maybe digital tuner signals only not analouge

I'm pretty sure that model only has an analogue tuner.
Once you work out how to do a search you should be able to tune to the VCR's.
I couldn’t find a user manual for it online, only a pretty scathing review of the set.

hello again I have solved tuning into the rf by altering the rf frequency I then discovered a further fine tuning menu that allowed it to search which I used the vcr test signal I then picked another for the sky box using the arieal routing through the tuner on the betamax tuner and finding and doing a fine tune on it the next issue is a slight patterning on the screen which slightly improves the longer its switched on for although it does not clear up completely

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom