today i am mostly listening to... part 6

New one from Trivium

1593454802515.png

The third studio album from the Lumineers. Another great album.

the-lumineers-III.jpg

eg.jpg

Have an excellent 5.1 upmix of this.

The last Roxy album that I don't cherry pick tracks from :cool:

I've been listening recently to mainly hires vinyl rips. Usually at dsd128 or 24/192
These are usually rips of the original analogue vinyl release rather than digitally recorded or remastered vinyl that uses a digital source rather than analogue
There's a massive difference in sound quality between the analogue release and digital.
the sound is entirely different and won't suit those brought up on digital. I'm not saying that analogue is better I'm just saying it's vastly different.
at present I'm listening to original motorhead eponymous debut at 24/192.
Now I'm listening to Manassas superb debut. Original vinyl. Sounds beautiful streamed at 24/192

I love to hear a bit of crackle from my old vinyl. Every crackle is saying I am forty odd years old and still sound good. :)

Don't you think the sound is entirely different to digital
Analogue has a nice warmth to it. Digital can be harsh to my ears although Dire Staits Brothers in Arms was the first CD I bought on release many years ago and that was a superb experience.

After listening to the Twitter party last night been blasting out The Waterboys Fisherman's Blues, definitely a Top 10 album for me.

For a long time, I only knew them (or him) for The Whole Of The Moon but they are so much more than that. I really like this album and also enjoying My Wanderings In The Weary Land from their forthcoming Good Luck, Seeker.

Edit - Found audio on Youtube:

Last edited:
The missus wanted this one. Great singer songwriter album. CD good detail and soundstage, listening on headphones.

2fec64fd153e0d342806544ad0329c72.1000x1000x1.png

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom