Today I learned (TIL)........

The main single thing that never ceases to amaze me, is the apparent total lack of awareness that such (let's call it insulting) offerings when balanced against other things this comes over as.

It would be interesting to speak to some doctor? about this and have it explained.
I'm sure it's something to do with the "Workplace" as taken out of the workplace context I would think/hope even they would then see this.

the apparent total lack of awareness that such (let's call it insulting) offerings when balanced against other things this comes over as.
It could be the reinterpretation of reward - Management assigns a budget for the team leader to give a reward to an outstanding team member; team leader views that as unfair or difficult decision to make so decides to share the budget between all team members.

I went to primary school with a lad who had one brown eye and one blue

He was nicknamed one eye odd eye , kids being rotten as they often can be

I do remember seeing a beautiful white cat with one blue eye and one orange

I so wanted to stick her in my handbag and take her home to keep

I didn't 😃
Its common for white cats to have that.

The song "Eye of the Tiger" came about because Sylvester Stallone couldn't get the publishing rights to Queen's "Another One Bites the Dust", so he contacted Jim Peterik of the band Survivor (based on the positive impression he had of their album Premonition) and asked him to write a song for Rocky III.

Though funnily I always thought Germany's calling of New Year's Eve as Sylvester was because of Sylvester II, but apparently it's the previous Sylvester who died 600 years before Sylvester II and seems to have had nothing to do with time or its measurement.

NYE just happens to be called "Sylvester" because St Sylvester was buried on Dec 31st and when Pope Gregory XIII (1572 - 1585) was rescheduling the calendar (Gregorian Calendar) he set the end of the year to be Dec 31st

Thus NYE is coincidentally St Sylvester's Day and nothing to do with a monk building mechanical clocks 600 years later.
There is a great exhibit in the Science Museum in London about time and the history of clocks. I saw it when I was in London ages ago.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom