Today I learned (TIL)........

ruffage

Distinguished Member
T.I.L

From chatting to my neighbors girlfriends 7 years old daughter this morning.....

You can buy butterflies in the post to release.
Someone had a bright idea to make some cash there ;)

From what I could understand from her, I think she said you buy them online as caterpillar's then naturally they turn into a chrysalis, then you let them go.

Wish I'd thought of that idea!

I have some slugs, but not sure if they have the glamour :(
My daughter got that set for Christmas. I must remind her to send off for the bugs.

Tempest

Distinguished Member
Oh a happier note!

I totally lost my bottle opener, but in desperation came up with another idea which worked, just moment ago.... :)

(With the aid of a long screw and firm grip on the shaft I was able to slowly get it out of the tight hole, making sure not to pull out too soon and it all ending up on the floor)

Cheers!

Tempest

Distinguished Member
And on Spot The Addict today we have...
Well I do have the 99% Isopropanol Alcohol nearly ready to give it that extra bit of kick if needed!

And hey, it's bank holiday and I've been working all week, for an aggressive/bully/arse of a boss, so I think I deserve a little treat.....

(Please note, anything I may post from this moment on should be considered under the influence, so if I start to talk rubbish and not make any sense, then have no concern!)

That is my defense, in advance, your honor.

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member
TIL learned that a phrase I used this morning in Teams and when a colleague searched for it the first hit was me using it in AVF! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

HaRd2BeAr

Distinguished Member
Oh a happier note!

I totally lost my bottle opener, but in desperation came up with another idea which worked, just moment ago.... :)

(With the aid of a long screw and firm grip on the shaft I was able to slowly get it out of the tight hole, making sure not to pull out too soon and it all ending up on the floor)

Cheers!

This is just too juicy, I'm going to resist thrusting myself into this one, someone else can have at it :rotfl:

HaRd2BeAr

Distinguished Member
(Please note, anything I may post from this moment on should be considered under the influence, so if I start to talk rubbish and not make any sense, then have no concern!)

That is my defense, in advance, your honor.
I thought you started 5 years ago :p

ruffage

Distinguished Member
Oh a happier note!

Cheers!

nheather

Distinguished Member
I haven’t encountered a wine bottle with a cork for ages. Used to always be real cork, then they evolved into the rubbery plastic corks and then screw tops. Maybe it is because I don’t pay more than £10 per bottle (supermarket, not restaurant) or that I don’t have a dusty but well stocked wine cellar.

Cheers,

Nigel

imightbewrong

Distinguished Member
TIL my Facebook account has been disabled due to 'possibly violating their terms of service' - was fine yesterday. I went through the recovery procedure successfully - they say they will now try to review the account but due to Covid may not be able to :-/

has2mow

This week I learned that after nearly 20 years with a club, I am no longer needed as that can't afford me, and I finish this Friday.

Just loving being self employed right now.

The Dreamer

Distinguished Member
camelcamelcamel UK has been asked (while Covid is around) to stop updating prices on Amazon - I've posted about this already.

But YIL that if you put the URL for the item you're interested in, into camelcamelcamel, the US version, you'll still get the same warning that Amazon UK/Europe have asked CCC to stop updating their prices - BUT, you'll still be shown the graphs and prices! Result! :smashin:

ruffage

Distinguished Member
camelcamelcamel UK has been asked (while Covid is around) to stop updating prices on Amazon - I've posted about this already.

But YIL that if you put the URL for the item you're interested in, into camelcamelcamel, the US version, you'll still get the same warning that Amazon UK/Europe have asked CCC to stop updating their prices - BUT, you'll still be shown the graphs and prices! Result! :smashin:
Seems the UK site is working again.

imightbewrong

Distinguished Member
TIL if you find 'new' CR2032 batteries that were 'best before 2015' and put them in the bathroom scales then they don't have enough charge left to work.

jassco

woah, so all those post-apocalyptic games that use batteries as crafting materials are wrong?!