Today I learned (TIL)........

They do bite aggressively whereas the huge Huntsman spiders wouldn’t bite unless you provoke them - they are the ones that might be in your shoes LOL. Big fangs but that is the cause of most of the pain with them.

Huntsman - that’s the one - several times he’s posted pictures of those inside his house! I don’t mind spiders as a rule - but knowing there was something that size lurking in the bedroom wouldn’t have me sleeping easy at night!

Whilst not wanting to slag Australia off, it would be the heat that is the main thing preventing me from going there. I can't stand it here when it gets hot, so in Australia I think I'd be in permanent misery! Having said that, I don't like living in this country any more.

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
TIL you can buy safety helmets for chickens, ducks and other such birds.

I love all animals. Which is why I never let my duck or chicken ride on the back of my motorbike without a safety helmet. There are some irresponsible people that do though...

Based on some of the stuff you post here, I can't even begin to imagine what your Google search history looks like @Tempest :laugh:

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Hmm there must be a joke including the words 'cock' and 'helmet' here but it's too early on a Sunday morning for me to think :D

Redbacks by the way for the vast majority hurt when they bite but if you keep still and lie down that is about all they’ll do if you rush to hospital in a panic.
I was hoping for a toilet seat reference:

Kenneth was too shocked :D

tenor-1.gif

TIL BMW are going to enable some features in their new cars as services. Eg heated seats - you will pay for them to be enabled for three months.

So if the heated seats don't work when they are enabled who pays for the repair?

So if the heated seats don't work when they are enabled who pays for the repair?
Warranty I expect. You can’t have used them as you hadn’t paid for them.. I would think they would just fix them as though the warranty on them started when you paid for them......

interesting question though ...

Last edited:
TIL BMW are going to enable some features in their new cars as services. Eg heated seats - you will pay for them to be enabled for three months.

From what I read, The Independent made the leap to heated seats all by themselves.

Quoted sections:
BMW already offers its customers digital services and additional vehicle functions in the form of digital after-sales, some of which are deeply embedded in the vehicle's software. In the US, BMW Drive Recorder is offered through a pilot program”

“In the near future, additional functions will be added that can access the vehicle's existing hardware and software, such as certain comfort functions or driver assistance systems.”

Non-quoted or what I like to call 'Made-up' or 'Pretend':
It has been reported that these features could include heated seats, as well as driver assist functionality such as automatic high beams

'It has been reported' eh? That old chestnut :rolleyes:

That's as good as when tabloids tell the reader 'a source has reported', which really means 'Dave said this over by the water cooler and I overheard it'.

TIL that helicopters are helico-pters and not heli-copters.

Never really thought about it, as they’re just helicopters - but kind of makes sense in that the blades, relative to the airflow describe a sort of helical pattern.

Will any of the owners pay for the indicators to be enabled?
I saw a BMW this morning that had obviously paid for the option but not the instruction book.

At a 4 junction roundabout, the driver was on the inside lane indicating right then without cancelling the indicator pulled off at the second junction, A they didn't need to indicate right as they were going straight across, B they should have indicated left to leave the R/A, maybe BMW wanted too much for the instruction book :rotfl:

Last edited:
The English word helicopter is adapted from the French word hélicoptère, coined by Gustave Ponton d'Amécourt in 1861, which originates from the Greek helix (ἕλιξ) "helix, spiral, whirl, convolution" and pteron (πτερόν) "wing"

I saw a BMW this morning that had obviously paid for the option but not the instruction book.

At a 4 junction roundabout, the driver was on the inside lane indicating right then without cancelling the indicator pulled off at the second junction, A they didn't need to indicate right as they were going straight across, B they should have indicated left to leave the R/A, maybe BMW wanted too much for the instruction book :rotfl:
We can't read

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom