Today I learned (TIL)........

I learnt this a long time ago, back in 1996 when I was 21. It was the Dunblane masacre, and what I read about handguns, their use and those who held firearms certificates was all complete rubbish. I had been shooting for a year or two at the time and so knew all about it and what was in the papers was, on the whole, nonsense. I learnt early on not to really take any notice of what they say.

Isn't it a bit like an extended oxymoron though? Such as 'military intelligence' :laugh:

I always chuckle when I read a story about something like a bank robbery an the reporter writes 'it was planned with military precision'. I consider the times in my life when things were done with 'military precision'. It normally involved being told to be somewhere 5 hours before you need to be, then sitting around smoking, drinking brews and talking shit (soldiers refer to this as 'Hurry Up and Wait').

You eventually get to where you need to be and it's the wrong place and/ or time and just for shits and giggles, you've usually got the wrong equipment to do the job, so have to 'Improvise, Adapt, Overcome'...:rolleyes:

If anyone actually planned stuff with 'military precision', it'd be a right cluster fudge!

TIL the stupidity of getting your big toe in the way of an opening door...

515CECD2-D188-44A8-8152-BF3F7A69C11B.jpeg

Them he remembered where he left it?

I had an image of a little oil drilling tower on your nail :facepalm:

think of the poor women in my dream last night...totally flattened! :(

It’s just a nick. I won’t hurt at all when I drill through the nail to let the blood escape.

I remember years ago having a blackened nail after slamming my entire hand in the side door of a van (good times). I ended up going to a walk-in medical centre and saw a doctor who used a cannula to drill through my nail by rotating it between his finger and thumb. When it broke through the nail, it hissed and loads of blood came out.

It felt amazing! A real big pressure release.

Ever since then, when I've had a similar injury (twice more in the past 10 year), I just heat up a sewing needle in a blue flame to sterilise it, then gently push the hot needle through the nail with a pair of pliers. Works the same as the doctor's way and saves a trip to hospital.

^ you almost lost a leg, and were left with a 2mm scar.
Needs further explanation. What can almost take your leg off but only leave a 2mm scar?

^ you almost lost a leg, and were left with a 2mm scar.
Needs further explanation. What can almost take your leg off but only leave a 2mm scar?

A beast of a hedge trimmer, but i am younger than you lot so my body stitched me back together, it required a lot of duck tape to hold it in place for a month :D

A few years back I cut straight down the middle of my little finger a few mm through the nail and the fleshy part at the end with my parents old hedge cutters. I stopped the bleeding and bonded it all nicely back together again with a few plasters and some electricians tape :) I did go to the chemist as Asda a couple of days later and get some tape from them though.

I threw the old hedge cutters away after that and got some modern ones where you had to keep both hands on to make it work.

I can see the repeating pattern in all these accidents.
No beer was involved.
Having learned from this thread, I shall ensure at least 2 cans are consumed directly before the use of any large garden power tools to ensure my safety.

T.I.L

From chatting to my neighbors girlfriends 7 years old daughter this morning.....

You can buy butterflies in the post to release.
Someone had a bright idea to make some cash there ;)

From what I could understand from her, I think she said you buy them online as caterpillar's then naturally they turn into a chrysalis, then you let them go.

Wish I'd thought of that idea!

I have some slugs, but not sure if they have the glamour :(

T.I.L

From chatting to my neighbors girlfriends 7 years old daughter this morning.....

From what I could understand from her, I think she said you buy them online as caterpillar's then naturally they turn into a chrysalis, then you let them go.

Could try it with leeches, suckers

T.I.L

My daughter got that set for Christmas. I must remind her to send off for the bugs.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom