Today I learned (TIL)........

Oh a happier note!

I totally lost my bottle opener, but in desperation came up with another idea which worked, just moment ago.... :)

(With the aid of a long screw and firm grip on the shaft I was able to slowly get it out of the tight hole, making sure not to pull out too soon and it all ending up on the floor)

Cheers!

28173bf1aea84d26728ef800f1af1ff8.jpg

And on Spot The Addict today we have...

And on Spot The Addict today we have...

Well I do have the 99% Isopropanol Alcohol nearly ready to give it that extra bit of kick if needed!

And hey, it's bank holiday and I've been working all week, for an aggressive/bully/arse of a boss, so I think I deserve a little treat.....

(Please note, anything I may post from this moment on should be considered under the influence, so if I start to talk rubbish and not make any sense, then have no concern!)

That is my defense, in advance, your honor.

TIL learned that a phrase I used this morning in Teams and when a colleague searched for it the first hit was me using it in AVF! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
it'll go well with the pie...

Oh a happier note!

I totally lost my bottle opener, but in desperation came up with another idea which worked, just moment ago.... :)

(With the aid of a long screw and firm grip on the shaft I was able to slowly get it out of the tight hole, making sure not to pull out too soon and it all ending up on the floor)

Cheers!

This is just too juicy, I'm going to resist thrusting myself into this one, someone else can have at it :rotfl:

Oh a happier note!

Cheers!

I haven’t encountered a wine bottle with a cork for ages. Used to always be real cork, then they evolved into the rubbery plastic corks and then screw tops. Maybe it is because I don’t pay more than £10 per bottle (supermarket, not restaurant) or that I don’t have a dusty but well stocked wine cellar.

Cheers,

Nigel

This says so much.
About you! :p
Actually it was "Thank you and kindly leave the planet.".

TIL my Facebook account has been disabled due to 'possibly violating their terms of service' - was fine yesterday. I went through the recovery procedure successfully - they say they will now try to review the account but due to Covid may not be able to :-/

i didn't think you were into conspiracy theories either? :D

This week I learned that after nearly 20 years with a club, I am no longer needed as that can't afford me, and I finish this Friday.

Just loving being self employed right now.

camelcamelcamel UK has been asked (while Covid is around) to stop updating prices on Amazon - I've posted about this already.

But YIL that if you put the URL for the item you're interested in, into camelcamelcamel, the US version, you'll still get the same warning that Amazon UK/Europe have asked CCC to stop updating their prices - BUT, you'll still be shown the graphs and prices! Result! :smashin:

camelcamelcamel UK has been asked (while Covid is around) to stop updating prices on Amazon - I've posted about this already.

But YIL that if you put the URL for the item you're interested in, into camelcamelcamel, the US version, you'll still get the same warning that Amazon UK/Europe have asked CCC to stop updating their prices - BUT, you'll still be shown the graphs and prices! Result! :smashin:
Seems the UK site is working again.

TIL if you find 'new' CR2032 batteries that were 'best before 2015' and put them in the bathroom scales then they don't have enough charge left to work.

Orly lithium based batteries might be good that long and even then they won't have the original charge.

woah, so all those post-apocalyptic games that use batteries as crafting materials are wrong?!

I hate to break it to you...

Not TIL, but I've certainly learned this more recently than I should have at 41 years old...

I always thought that when you breathe in through your nose, that the hole connecting your nose to the airway/ throat was more near the top of the nose. It's not, the hole is just inside the nostril itself.

I haven't been COVID tested, but having seen it in more detail now, I learned something :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom