Today I learned (TIL)........

Iw3jw3C.png

TIL I sent a text message about some Adidas trainers to a mate, and now my social media feeds are full of Adidas......

TIL That justice can have a sense of humour. Mr Justice Peter Smith included code in his judgement. Also known as the Smithy code. Love it!

TIL that I had forgot about a purchase I made through Quidco in January 2019 for which I got £40 and which was sat in my account. Just made a 'withdrawl' back to my bank. Result!

TIL that I had forgot about a purchase I made through Quidco in January 2019 for which I got £40 and which was sat in my account. Just made a 'withdrawl' back to my bank. Result!

Whooot.
What time does the party start?
Shall I bring a bottle?

Your post reminded me (for some reason, when touch-typing 'reminded', my brain made me type 'remembered', I got the whole word out before my eyes caught up!) to check a work cashback scheme we have. Good job I did; a whole £3.33 awaits :clap:

£5.52 here :D
I've stopped using it for ages now though. Started to find going through Quidco bumped the price of things up by close to the cashback, which was becoming denied more and more often.

I've still got some tracked from November 2017 that hasn't paid, and they've even declined their own cashback incentive.

£5.52 here :D
I've stopped using it for ages now though. Started to find going through Quidco bumped the price of things up by close to the cashback, which was becoming denied more and more often.

I agree. Used to get some good insurance deals on Quidco, then found as you say price was bumped up by the value of the cashback. Still possible to get a deal but you have to do your research and have your wits about you.

£62!! How did that happen!?

TIL If you join this forum to ask an AV question and no-one responds, Stuart will personally reply 4 years later.

TIL that I am not paying for a gang of decorators to paint my hallway, staircases and landings, due to social distancing. TIAL that I have a 5 metre wall to paint above a staircase that is going to take my life, of that I am nearly certain.

TIL that my dishwasher has decided to break :( It blew a fuse and tripped the electrics on a wash cycle and when I got it back up and running again it doesn’t heat the water and doesn’t dry the dished properly. When I open it up there’s no heat or steam or anything. Bloody typical that it goes during this lockdown!

As it’s 8 years old I’m thinking that I might be as well getting a new one rather than try to get it repaired?

TIL that my dishwasher has decided to break :( It blew a fuse and tripped the electrics on a wash cycle and when I got it back up and running again it doesn’t heat the water and doesn’t dry the dished properly. When I open it up there’s no heat or steam or anything. Bloody typical that it goes during this lockdown!

As it’s 8 years old I’m thinking that I might be as well getting a new one rather than try to get it repaired?
I guess it depends on whether it's an expensive make - there's a huge range in prices. It might be worth googling the model to see if you can obtain and fit a heating element yourself; I managed to do that when our oven's element died.

TIL that a hot tub contains a tablespoon of faeces...

"The average bather has about a tenth of a gram of faeces in his gluteal fold, which is a nice way of saying butt crack," Gerba says. That means with five people, "you have a tablespoon of poop in the hot tub."

I guess it depends on whether it's an expensive make - there's a huge range in prices. It might be worth googling the model to see if you can obtain and fit a heating element yourself; I managed to do that when our oven's element died.

It’s a Bosch one so I will do a search. The thing is although it’s most probably the heating element, it might also be the thermostat or the controller board. I had a look at a video of someone replacing the heating element on an integrated model and it involved taking the thing out completely so I wondered if I’d be better off just putting a new one in since it’s been taken out.

"The average bather has about a tenth of a gram of faeces in his gluteal fold, which is a nice way of saying butt crack," Gerba says. That means with five people, "you have a tablespoon of poop in the hot tub."
A tablespoon of poo only weighs 1/2 gram? I don't think so. Not that I intend to check by measuring my own.

:eek:

It’s a Bosch one so I will do a search. The thing is although it’s most probably the heating element, it might also be the thermostat or the controller board. I had a look at a video of someone replacing the heating element on an integrated model and it involved taking the thing out completely so I wondered if I’d be better off just putting a new one in since it’s been taken out.

Related to Bosch dishwashers. The plastic coating on the plate racks started to come away from the metal on ours, leaving rusty metal on show. Checked the price on spare parts, over £250 for two new racks :eek:

Got another dishwasher exactly the same from some local selling site, £55. And the racks are a different design (no plastic coated metal) meaning it won't happen again :smashin:

TIL That sometimes ignorance is bliss.

When mine does that i go down to my shed till she has calmed down :D

TIL That sometimes ignorance is bliss.

Which is a lesson that my daughter learned after I once again 'nagged' her to stop leaving her toothbrush head on the toothbrush and to pop it into the case next to the charger and close the lid.

'Kiddo, let me explain to you about bathrooms, toilets, toothbrushes and microscopic faecal matter floating in the air'

'OH MY GOD DAD JUST STOP TALKING WILL YOU'! :zonked::zonked::zonked:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom