Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan Season 2 Review & Comments

Casimir Harlow

Movies Editor
Reaction score
I am totally stunned how quickly you got this out, lol! Thanks for the review :) Was worried they may not be able to keep the momentum from season 1.

My weekend viewing, came out quickly which we're not complaining about.
First season was top notch....
Let's find out what 2 brings to the table.
:)

Got 2 or 3 episodes of Punisher season 1 to finish and although i have seen it before i will finish it then get moved onto this as i have it downloaded to my kindle

Got 2 or 3 episodes of Punisher season 1 to finish and although i have seen it before i will finish it then get moved onto this as i have it downloaded to my kindle
Punisher I thought was awesome. Thought it up there with Daredevil and when the two combine..

Oh la la la :)

Punisher I thought was awesome. Thought it up there with Daredevil and when the two combine..

Oh la la la :)

Yeah i loved both series of the punisher, i ran out of things to watch while at work (4 weeks offshore) so decided to watch them again. I thought Daredevil was good too, some of the other ones such as Luke Cage and Iron Fist not so much

Thanks for the Review, Cas. We loved the first Season, so we've just got to find time for a Binge on Season 2. :) 👍

Loved series 1 so looking forward to getting stuck into this, cheers for the review Cas.

Yeah i loved both series of the punisher, i ran out of things to watch while at work (4 weeks offshore) so decided to watch them again. I thought Daredevil was good too, some of the other ones such as Luke Cage and Iron Fist not so much
Yeah, Luke & Fist were the weak links. Jessica wasn't so bad either.

watched first ep last night and a good kick off. picture and sound are very good on the 4k stream

Thanks for the review Cas.

Watched s2ep1 last night and really enjoyed it.
Oddly I chose it from the featured selection and it provided the UHD version first time, hope this continues !
While just HDR10, still looks great, HDR didn’t really have a chance to shine as it’s an overcast first ep.
Really does feel like clear and present danger, after S1 I purchased the old films, they are still worth a watch.
While I still have the rest of the season to watch, I’m hoping season 3 has been green lit?
Edit : I see it has, but has a new show runner , hope that doesn’t harm the series.

It's strange that unlike season one, season two isn't available in Dolby Vision. I assume it's HDR10+ instead.

Watched the first episode last night, and it was a cracking start. Setting the season up nicely. Pity Amazon dont do more shows with atmos as it definitely ups viewer immersion with a proper setup.

Really enjoying this, up to episode 5.

Quite annoyed as I forgot to check for a UHD version, doesn't help that it was buried off the screen though :-(

Awesome! Thoroughly enjoyed most of the first season, until a somewhat jarring change of pace.

I watched a few Jessica’s then sacked it off
I admit even I struggled and thought if binning it but knowing this was the last ever season, then thought otherwise.

Season 1 is Dolby Vision. Season 2 is not ("just" HDR). I personally can see a difference and season 1 to me looks better.

Who'd have thought Jim Halpert would become Jack Ryan! :laugh:

Looking forward to starting this later. Plus as I often say these days, 8 episodes is how you do a season of TV.

Keep it short, the story tight, and with no room for ramble.

absolutely perfect!! this is my box set watch for my long haul flight to antigua next week!!

Who'd have thought Jim Halpert would become Jack Ryan! :laugh:

Looking forward to starting this later. Plus as I often say these days, 8 episodes is how you do a season of TV.

Keep it short, the story tight, and with no room for ramble.

I am moving to this point of view myself too. I used to want full 24 episode seasons that you get, especially on the shows I really enjoyed, but lately I think 13 max is the right number. In 'the old days' with the reduced number of shows available to watch, a long season was no issue. But nowadays with so much available, there just isn't time for a long season anymore.

In the case of Jack Ryan the budget would not be there for a longer season.

I am moving to this point of view myself too. I used to want full 24 episode seasons that you get, especially on the shows I really enjoyed, but lately I think 13 max is the right number. In 'the old days' with the reduced number of shows available to watch, a long season was no issue. But nowadays with so much available, there just isn't time for a long season anymore.

In the case of Jack Ryan the budget would not be there for a longer season.

Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with longer seasons if the writing is of good quality. But I find it not a regular occurrence these days.

8 or 10 the optimum for me now, especially if they're all released in one go.

Any longer and I am wary of starting. And if it's something I've missed that has multiple seasons to catch up with already, unless it's got a real positive reception on here I'm unlikely to bother.

Fantastic! Loved the first season. Looking forward to binge watching this over the weekend :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom