Top Blockbuster Movies for 2020 - What does the new year have to offer?

Just don't Cas. There's too much coming in 2020 for me to handle without reading more :laugh:

And you didn't even mention Bill and Ted!! :eek: :D

And you didn't even mention Bill and Ted!! :eek: :D

That's the one I'm looking forward too more than anything. :thumbsup:

Quite stoked for Top Gun as long as it isn't a CGI-fest.

That's the one I'm looking forward too more than anything. :thumbsup:

Quite stoked for Top Gun as long as it isn't a CGI-fest.

Yeah I think Top Gun is my number one, but seeing the Ghostbusters boys back is gonna be a massive highlight too.

Not sure what to expect from Bill and Ted. It's gonna be surreal seeing Reeves and Winter playing old versions of those characters.

Thanks again Cas, all sequels/remakes apart from Tenet. Tells you something about Nolan as a director, always guaranteed to be the no.1 most anticipated film without even knowing what it’s about.

Would be nice to see a few more original films make it on to the list. Hopefully 2020 will be more productive for hits over a pretty disappointing 2019.

thanks cas,have high hopes for dune,loving villeneuves work.

I'm interested in almost every single film on Cas's list but maybe less interested in Bond. I don't hate them, I've just never been interested in seeing them in the cinema. I'm not at all sure about Dune.

Thanks cas. Awesome list. Will watch all of them! Really looking forward to black widow, ghostbusters and quite place 2!

Looks great, except I have zero interest in Black Widow. It's 2 years too late and I'm sort of sick of prequels with back story. We know what happened to her, I don't care about her origins anymore!

More sequels..... :eek::eek:

Cheers @Casimir Harlow , loved these threads you have created as goes to show how diverse the forum is and how vocal and passionate we are and can be on all things film , tv and the like.

This is a bit different though , only three films on your personall list gets my juices really flowing . No Time to Die, Tenet and Dune , the latter I feel will be a monumental flop even though I know I will love it as I still love the David Lynch version .

Looks great, except I have zero interest in Black Widow. It's 2 years too late and I'm sort of sick of prequels with back story. We know what happened to her, I don't care about her origins anymore!

Have to agree , whilst it's a marvel film on an established charecters origins will we not be treading Red Sparrow territory in a muted Disney Marvel form ?

Dune and Tenet are the only ones that look promising. Two great filmakers taking on ntriguing projects. The rest are all sequels or spin offs. Not really interested in that kind of thing.

Last edited:
The Bond poster is awful. Surprising that a film studio would release it. Not sure what to make of Bond's countenance... bored?

I agreed with the apathy about Black Widow until i saw the trailer - it looks great

Wonderwoman on the other hand i was looking forward to until i saw the trailer - which looks poor

Hopefully both will be wonderful. Trailers can be very deceptive.

Dune and Tenet are the ones i am most excited about.

Interesting comments regarding Black Widow. Looks to me like it could be one of the best of the last phase MCU efforts.

Has a Winter Soldier vibe, and in my opinion that is a damn good thing. Still the MCU pinnacle that film.

I also think Wonder Woman looks great. That trailer was brilliant. Plus it's the 80's.

You can't lose in the 80's!! :D

But each to their own of course.

Saw an extended preview of Tenet before BFI IMAX presentation of Star Wars...still no real idea what it's about but the music was fabulous and it certainly looks like it will be interesting!

i'll pass on fast 9 John Cena is in it.
Finger crossed for Inception awesomeness from Tenet.

Interesting comments regarding Black Widow. Looks to me like it could be one of the best of the last phase MCU efforts.

Has a Winter Soldier vibe, and in my opinion that is a damn good thing. Still the MCU pinnacle that film.

I also think Wonder Woman looks great. That trailer was brilliant. Plus it's the 80's.

You can't lose in the 80's!! :D

But each to their own of course.
Winter Soldier was in my top 3 Marvel films. But I watched it again recently and I realised that for me, it was the Hydra reveal that made it the best, especially with the Agents of Shield tie in. Now that is all over, I don't quite feel the same way about that film.

Thanks Cas, great list, glad to see Nolan back so big expectations on that one, hopefully off to see JoJo Rabbit over the next few days, not read any reviews as yet but trailer for it looks awesome so I recon 2020 could be off to a good start!

Thanks for the list, Cas.
Always interesting to see what will probably do big business, as against one's own personal interests.
Dune, Tenet, A Quiet Place 2, Wonder Woman 1984, Black Widow I'll catch on release. The rest, as rentals, except F&F 9 - just not my kind of Movie.

Great list Cas, Nolan’s next film is my number 1, but a close second is 1917 due out next week. From what I have read review wise, Mendes has redeemed himself after Spectre and Deakins is on top form.

Last edited:
The only two I'm really interested in (and by that mean will ensure I go to the cinema to watch) are Tenet and Dune.

Parasite is a must watch, out Feb. But I know foreign films with Subs isn't for everyone.

Dune all the way for me...followed by more Godzilla.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom