Top Gear is Back !!!!

Caught the last 10 minutes of this, waiting for the new Hugh Laurie political drama at 9pm. Firstly surprised at the move to BBC1, secondly, what the fudge was that shit? Seemed more (badly) acted and scripted than ever.

I had to resort to some fast forwarding for last night's episode ... it was dross !

Considering there are only a handful of episodes there is no excuse for an episode as poor as that imo.

Cant say the scripting was overt you knew the producers were choosing the cars and the protection for them etc but what they got up to was them.

Funny Paddy's hair was dark in the first episode(albeit not in the outside car park) and Chris facial hair keeps changing from show to show.

I did think this weeks was taking the dicking about for 50 min concept too far and need a break from it.

Yeah although I also find Mat Watson’s videos highly entertaining

and Henry Catchpole does some good stuff too

And Joe achiles

I also fast forwarded a few times last night. First time was when they were water skiing, what was that there for?

Also the fake car heaters annoyed me. No one was sweating in their cars but they were "40 degrees", unless they meant Fahrenheit! :D

Cant say the scripting was overt you knew the producers were choosing the cars and the protection for them etc but what they got up to was them.

Funny Paddy's hair was dark in the first episode(albeit not in the outside car park) and Chris facial hair keeps changing from show to show.

I did think this weeks was taking the dicking about for 50 min concept too far and need a break from it.

Trouble is the "other two" have nothing to say that I want to hear when they are being serious. Even when trying to be serious (usually journeys/adventures) their car choices are not serious either. They are simply only good at dicking about and I'm tired of seeing that already. So I really struggle how much I'm going to stick with this.
Also the fake car heaters annoyed me. No one was sweating in their cars but they were "40 degrees", unless they meant Fahrenheit! :D

I first i though what? Surely not. Then realised that of course they would be fake, even with these three they are not going to let them smash cars around with electric heaters in them. They are already proving what I said after last week, inventing "comedy" situations.

The whole concept was utterly pointless.

I'm sure there will be better episodes to come, but hmmmm the comedy duo appear to really be a one trick pony.

I think this show would go down a storm on CBBC. I would've loved it when I was 8 years old.

The first episode was dire, the second just watchable but I'am not a fan of Paddy and Flintoff all the shouty stuff I can do without, Ep3 was about as entertaining as a party political broadcast by the SNP.

If this is the best the BBC can produce then it deserves to be defunded and closed down...Top Gear is an utter waste of the license fee.

Bit of a hit and miss but when they hit they scored very high, that's the bit on Sterling Moss. They do these bios now and more than not are top notch.
As a lad when Stirling Moss was driving this put it all into context, remember the accident being on the news. As they said when he died if you were pulled up for speeding they say who do you think you are Stirling Moss. Sad a never drove that blue Ferrari.
I remember once they were interviewing him at his house and it was like a house from the future. Press a button and this would happen and other something else.

found last nights a bit cringey although the stirling moss bit was good.

I thought last nights episode was less cringey than last weeks. I'm growing more unsure of the Flintoff/McGuiness partnership. It's getting too try hard like the last years of the Clarkson/May/Hammond era.

I thought last nights episode was less cringey than last weeks. I'm growing more unsure of the Flintoff/McGuiness partnership. It's getting too try hard like the last years of the Clarkson/May/Hammond era.
Oh see I think it's all really natural chemistry.

Must be the worst ever Top Gear ever totally self indulgent and even the bit in the middle review turned out a silly car race. And if I had a pound every time Paddy said Mr Nippy I think Id come up on the lottery.

Not the best of shows and agree with @Garrett . Its lost the appeal of driving and testing of cars. Maybe due to lockdown has meant that the show ended up like this.
Hopefully next series will be back to the good old days of testing and driving cars, as long as the COVID crap is all sorted.
I fear the show could of run out of ideas and steam if it continues like this series. Saying that I have watched them all and enjoyed them to a degree.

Carl

Yes I think they suffered due do the current situation so were mostly stuck in the UK, but this episode (and a couple of others) was shite.

If you want to see decent and entertaining reviews of the electric cars then CarWow on YouTube has done the Honda e and quite a few have done the mini electric.

Must be the worst ever Top Gear ever totally self indulgent and even the bit in the middle review turned out a silly car race. And if I had a pound every time Paddy said Mr Nippy I think Id come up on the lottery.

I totally agree ... they were having much more fun than us viewers. I reached the point where I was quite annoyed at them laughing uncontrollably and I was not finding it remotely funny - it wasn't humerous it was just purile. Very poor and for a 5 episode run inexcusable IMO.

Top Gear really has become a show that is trying to be comedy with a few cars, rather than a car show with some added comedy.
I really liked the first episode but the rest has been pretty dire.

Top Gear really has become a show that is trying to be comedy with a few cars, rather than a car show with some added comedy.
I really liked the first episode but the rest has been pretty dire.
Yes first one as Clackson would describe it if reviewing the series, you could say they were driving round at the top of a cliff and the second fell off it and last night they hit the bottom and washed out to sea. In other words went down hill from the first episode.

I actually quite enjoy the Harris/McGuiness/Flintoff seasons.
Far better than S4E2 of The Grand Tour

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom