Top Gear is Back !!!!

You know, I've just realised that I haven't watched a single episode of Top Gear since the departure of the three musketeers.

Nothing deliberate on my part, I think I even recorded some them on the sky box, but never once felt the inclination to watch them. I think they've self deleted themselves, which in itself is quite Freudian.

BBC should just let the show die, its time is done.
Everyone here will probably tell you skip the Chris Evans stuff & you're missing out on some great segments usually with Matt LeBlanc eg 911 R, Arbarth 124 Spider, Ford GT

You haven't watched it but say that anyway?

I'm allergic to Chris Evans.

Seriously though - I think the format is done. I watched a couple of the Netflix series, and it's like - been there - done that. Just let it gracefully pass away.

It's kind of like the carry on movies and the alien movies. We've all moved on, it was fabulous while it lasted, but it's time to let it go now.

They keep trying to catch lightning in a bottle, and it doesn't work.

You could say that about the soaps they go round in circles births affairs deaths fights ,people still enjoy them can't wait till both top gears are back.

It could also be because as I'm getting older I seem to be getting more grumpy too...

I'm allergic to Chris Evans.
Then let me be the first to enlighten you with some great news. He's gone.
Seriously though - I think the format is done. I watched a couple of the Netflix series, and it's like - been there - done that. Just let it gracefully pass away.
Seriously though - I loved the recent series.

Watching great looking cars and being presented by enthusiasts that love them never gets old.

I hated how it was with Clarkson and I gave up on The Grand Tour. The dead celebrity jokes, stig rip off and other stuff was poor.

Matt is a good presenter and his sidekicks are actually gelling with him.

Top Gear: Has Matt LeBlanc saved the series? - BBC News

MLB is way better than I thought he was going to be !!!

Same here. I've never actually seen him in anything before this but knowing what he was in previously filled me with dread!

Everyone here will probably tell you skip the Chris Evans stuff & you're missing out on some great segments usually with Matt LeBlanc eg 911 R, Arbarth 124 Spider, Ford GT
I have to say in the very last episode with Chris, and him on the 3 old cars that had modern parts put in them was fantastic and he really sold me on the MGB.

OK the other look way pretty but I bet the MGB real fun. I would loved to see him on the road with the E-Type and compared the handling. I once heard a tale
of a local tale of some mates one night coming across some moor-ish area and some were following someone in an E-Type and when they caught up to him found he he gone of the road on a bend and down a banking and his skull was split open and his brain showing.
Right or wrong, I always got in the back of my mind the E-Type was more of a motorway car than one for bends.
MG Abingdon Edition voted 'Best car of the whole series' by Top Gear's Chris Evans - Frontline Developments

Complete unknown though want he doing this sort of thing so I wasn't expecting much ...
Didn't he get the fastest lap for star in a reasonably priced car? Which suggests he knows how to drive a car fast anyway.

The 2018 Aston Martin Vantage is 503bhp of Mercedes-engined beauty

TD6Jn4qzQV69jI-pm7nwMQ.jpg

K2W4JrDbROyid-T9ysvo6w.jpg

Just been rewatching the second series with the new lot and it still stands up. They have there own dynamics and relationships coming through and they are all likeable.

Really looking forward to the new series. Win win for me with GT and TG going well.

Last edited:
Yeah have high hopes for series 25 after this trailer. Still not sure about Rory, he just doesn't work for me.

This is looking good and seems that we are getting some good "gelling" at last. But GT is also improving with it basically becoming more like their old Top Gear.

I think now more than ever having the two shows, for me at least, the mix of the two shows can certainly make me very happy.

Still think VBH would be a good replacement for Rory.

I don't ming Rory, it's Harris I could do without.

I think they're all good and lets face it, anyone will be better than the midget hamster ;) (with the exception of the ginger pratt!)

The Grand Tour on Amazon is pretty much Top Gear as was in all but name now. It's become more UK-focussed, and although formulaic, is easily recognisable. Top Gear seems to be trying to differentiate itself, but in doing so still seems to me to be just a poor imitation of its earlier Clarkson-led days. I'll certainly be watching the new series, but I do seem to recall more 'meh moments' in the last series compared to the Grand Tour. It will be interesting to see how the two series compare in their latest iterations.

Clem

Still think VBH would be a good replacement for Rory.

No fudgeing way. I cannot stand that women. Never saw the appeal in any way. Total gobshite who sounds like a meths drinker.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom