Top UK Tax Rate Reaches 62%....

ChasH said:
I'm sure it makes him feel better, like giving a dog a biscuit.

It's funny how those that don't want to pay more themselves are the ones that claim that others who don't want to pay more are selfish...
:facepalm:

As I've pointed out many times (but LGS constantly ignores this and tries to misrepresent my opinions), many high earning tax payers don't resent the tax that is paid, simply some of the uses to which it is put and the amount that is wasted....

His solution to just about any problem is always to tax more, not become more efficient or spend more wisely!

And we wonder why we have £1 trillion of debt on the balance sheet and £2.5-3 trillion off balance sheet - any idiot can spend money to try and solve a problem.......
:suicide:
Sidicks

As I've pointed out many times (but LGS constantly ignores this and tries to misrepresent my opinions), many high earning tax payers don't resent the tax that is paid, simply some of the uses to which it is put and the amount that is wasted....
Sidicks

Can you justify the amount of tax payers money handed out to Margaret Thatcher, John Major and Tony Blair Over the last five years? Or, much like the taxpayers alliance are you going to keep quiet about this? The three of them took £1.7 million.

Fancy responding to that?

Of course those people earning > $100,000 could easily give more to support the less fortunate through charitable giving etc, rather than have the government take it and waste it!
:hiya:
Sidicks

Are we really imtimating charity is an acceptable means of providing funding for people to live,the very fact charity exists is disgusting....

ChasH said:
Can you justify the amount of tax payers money handed out to Margaret Thatcher, John Major and Tony Blair Over the last five years? Or, much like the taxpayers alliance are you going to keep quiet about this? The three of them took £1.7 million.

Fancy responding to that?

I don't have to justify anything!

Isn't this money the cost of administration and protection for former PMs, and theses people are not actually receiving this money themselves!!
:confused:
Sidicks

You continue to claim rewarding social mobility as a justification for flat tax.

Others would argue that those who achieve success through hard work and sacrifice should not be unduly penalised to support those who choose not to better themselves...
Why should someone pay twice as much as tax as their neighbour if both have been given the same opportunities but only one chose to take them??

When as has been pointed out by two previous posters. In the UK social mobility is worse than in other western European nations.

Social mobility was higher for those born in the UK in 1958 than for those born in 1970 and for those born since 1970 social mobility appears to have remained at pretty much the same lower level.
http://www2.lse.ac.uk/intranet/LSES... in Intergenerational Mobility in Britain.pdf

You previously claimed lack of social mobility was down to laziness born of the welfare state.

To my mind that's symptomatic of the benefits culture we have now - whilst the opportunities to improve yourself are certainly there, too many people are happy to sit back and let someone else fund their benefit lifestyle, in the knowledge that there are better off than someone on minimum wage. Why bother to put in the effort to improve yourself...???

But as pointed out in my post 137 unemployment benefit rates were fixed to a percentage of average earning prior to 1979. Since 1979 when the link was removed they have declined to be almost half what they were relative to average earnings. So the incentive of relative poverty has increased.
Income disparity and wealth disparity have also increased amongst those working so the incentive for workers to improve their self has also increased.
But social mobility has declined as society has become more unequal.

Last edited by a moderator:
:facepalm:

:suicide:
Sidicks

Strange that each one of his posts where bang on. And the funny thing is not once have you complimented him. Why?:cool:

Interesting reading my previous views from 2011,

it seems contrary to trend I’ve gone much further left wing over the past decade in my views over a flat tax opinion of my past responses.

it seems contrary to trend I’ve gone much further left wing over the past decade in my views over a flat tax opinion of my past responses.
Nothing wrong with that at all - I have very much done the same.

It was necro-bumped by a now ex-spammer

Its mad to think I've been about these pages for close to a decade now and IG has been a constant throughout!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom