Toshiba L6353 (32L6353DB) LED Television Review

Tech News

Reaction score
Reviewed by Mark Hodgkinson, 5th August 2013. Toshiba’s 32L6353 is what it is. A relatively inexpensive TV, producing competent images and a more than competent feature set. Recommended.
Read the full review...

Marked as just good overall with all main virtues are marked as average but still awarded a recommended status? I don't get it. Will you be recommending poor next?

This is a potentially fantastic idea, but it lacks refinement.
I have used Twitter to explain to Toshiba that they need to add more apps to the TC platform, but they have explained that they don't envisage any more. Cloud in its very essence is about vast storage with easily implemented upgrades. Why Toshiba take the view that this platform is not worthy of upgrades is beyond me.
Not as good as Panasonic's Smart Connect platform due to it sluggishness and lack of apps in the ratio of 2:1, but Toshiba's Cloud has bigger potential if they realised it before they released it!

@sarumbear: What do you want Mark to say about this set? Are you comparing this to a Panasonic, Samsung or LG?. For it's price its not a like for like comparison is it?

@eosman ratings are not categorised by manufacturer

@sarumbear Ratings for this Toshiba 32L6353 are confirmed in order of it's relative price and performance against other related models and manufacturers', and actual in house test conditions of the product. Thats why this T.V. was a given a 'recommended status'. There is no bias, just plain old facts which you clearly don't agree with.
Benchmarks are given in relation to other T.V.'s in the market, how else do you expect a rating system to work, on gut feeling?

@eosman so what you are saying is: because the TV is cheap, even though it is distinctly average in detailed ratings, its overall rating can be 'recommended'.

I.e. Recommended for people with limited means...

If it was worth £400+ it would not be recommended would it? It's pure common sense @sarumbear.
However, you seem to think that an 'average' set should be given no recommended status? Against what benchmark did you expect this to be awarded for? performance only?
You have to provide a balanced objective when you provide a review against all criteria - not just performance.
If you want a brilliant screen and sound you would tend to buy sets that are £700+ which are generally found with Sony, Samsung, LG, Panasonic etc.
I have had a Bang & Olufsen T.V. and its picture and sound quality is the best I have seen on a T.V. Who can afford £2000+ for a 32 inch LED T.V. these days?

Last edited:
"Against what benchmark did you expect this to be awarded for?"

Not all reviews have an award. I am only questioning the award as it seems only given because the TV is cheap. Otherwise, I don't have any issues with the reviews itself, which is exemplary and as one expects from this supreme source.

Relative value for money. No ambiguity there I am afraid. Just needs someone of that persuasion to recongnise that. I can definately concur with Mark on it's price vs quality aspect as I have this T.V. too

Hello, I can't get pass the Device profile settings while trying to set up Cloud TV. Got as far as the message, please wait after giving the device a name etc but that's it. Cannot proceed further, any help appreciated. Many thanks.

Just reset the TV again and follow the setup. You can do this by pressing:
Settings (Spanner symbol on remote control) -> selecting: Installation (4th option down) and then Reset TV (7th option down).

This T.V. will prompt you to select Yes or No when selecting Reset TV from the on screen menu, and you must select yes.
Proceed with this reset and make sure you follow all the setup questions on the on screen menu. This includes entering the wireless code of your router within the assisted network setup.
If this does not work contact Toshiba via [email protected] as it could be a cloud tv issue which they may resolve for you

Never underestimate the power of the reset button
:)

Thanks for the comprehensive and helpful review. I have been drawn to this set as a good second tv, with the right amount of features for a relatively low price which is essentially the thrust of your review. I was intrigued by your mention that the set could be tweaked to improve picture quality using the colour menus. Care to share just how a non technical user might do that?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom