Quantcast

Toshiba L74 (55L7453) AVForums TV Review

Loopthrough

Thanks for the review Mark. Wanting to find out about this Tv for some time. Will give it a miss though. Wish they'd used a VA panel + that dimming system (imagine how that could've looked!). Smart TV services are still empty (Amazon IV, Netflix, BBC iPlayer and Demand5 should be the bare minimum IMO).

Har-One

Thanks for the review Mark. Any idea when the L94 will hit the UK shores and if you have the chance to review it?

Mandarb

Novice Member
If you still have the TV available for testing, could you redo the inputlag test? All other tests I've seen so far attested it a minimum of 7 and maximum of 20ms. Wondering if the other outlets tested wrong, you either inadvertently activated a setting, or if there's a wrong setting in Game mode by default for your language/region.

Insanity202

Distinguished Member
If you still have the TV available for testing, could you redo the inputlag test? All other tests I've seen so far attested it a minimum of 7 and maximum of 20ms. Wondering if the other outlets tested wrong, you either inadvertently activated a setting, or if there's a wrong setting in Game mode by default for your language/region.
I have a feeling other reviews are going by a more older method of taking photos of the tv running a counter that's also at the same time running on a crt tv, or lag free laptop.
They then compare the photos and see what the lag differnce between the crt or laptop and tv are. Then post the average results.
I would love to know what device they use to test the input lag.
I believe avf use a Leo Bodnar input lag tester.
Connects to a hdmi port, displays, displays flashing bars and calculates how long it took for the tv to process the hdmi signal into an image.

Top Bottom