Toy Story 4 Review & Comments

It was pretty good with some great laughs and it was nice to see much of the gang back. Especially Don Rickles R.I.P you wonderful man, however it just doesn't quite give me the same satisfaction as the other Toy Story films

Reviewing Toy Story, you for real, come on guys, we are not 12 year olds, kids movies grow up

What a childish comment. The Toy Story series has a good deal more emotion, imagination and human insight than most so-called grown up films. We're talking about themes of fear of loss, abandonment, getting older, being replaced, friendship, torn loyalties, self-worth, child happiness and coming to terms with change. The toys are simply avatars for real human children and parents who wrestle with these themes in reality; the fact that these stories can speak to these ideas while still making us laugh, cry and have fun is part of their genius. The newer film is no exception.

If you cant see any of that, due to them being ostensibly 'kids movies', perhaps its not us that needs to 'grow up'.

Reviewing Toy Story, you for real, come on guys, we are not 12 year olds, kids movies grow up
Mod Comment someones only comment on the thread is to take a pop at other reviewers need to take some of there own advice.

To paraphrase the song by Goffin and King sung by Dusty:

But thinking young and growing older is no sin
And we can play the game of life to win

;)

Just back from seeing this on Sunday and once again Pixar have knocked it out the of the park. I was like others really wondering why go there and risk the legacy of three excellent movies. However for me and the kids it as another winner. In preference then 1 because it was the first one. 2 because it is just a fantastic sequel/story, 4 because I loved it more than 3.... However, I like others would like it to go out on a high..

Superb film, finally got the see it last night and my wife and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was funny and very emotional at the end and I hope they leave it there as it was a perfect way to finish the stories of all of these characters.

I'm sorry but how on earth anyone can complain about AV Forums reviewing a "Kids" film is just ridiculous, what are they supposed to do only review films that the poster likes and are for "Grown Ups". We all love films of multiple genres and certificate ratings, so maybe they shouldn't review the next Star Wars movie as that is for kids, oh and don't review any Super Hero movies unless you have read all of the comics etc - Come on!

Anyway 9 out of 10 from us and one of the film highlights of the year, better than Lion King. I wonder if I am allowed to see Once Upon a Time in Hollywood as that is for adults only...............

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom