Toy Story 4 Review & Comments

Casimir Harlow

Movies Editor
Reaction score
I've had just about enough of the rammel of this world recently so for 1h:40m, this movie is welcome to take me to wherever it wants to.

Not that Caz would stop me from seeing this, but thank you anyway.

Having seen the trailers is this one in a wider aspect ratio than the others?

This film upsets me.

IT's A SPORK, NOT A FORK! :mad::mad::mad:

I’ll be honest, I’ve been worried about this one since I heard it was going ahead. Even with Pixar’s pedigree, I couldn’t help but be sceptical about whether or not they could maintain the quality and heart of the previous films. I’m so relieved to read that the studio has managed to do what I thought was almost impossible. To produce a fourth story about these cherished characters that can stand proudly beside the others is quite an achievement. Well done Pixar! :thumbsup:

I look forward to seeing this and just like with the last one I’m expecting a few tears.

Thanks for the Review, Cas. Don't know if this will make it in OV to any nearby Cinemas, but fingers crossed!

Thanks for the review Cas, we're off to see this later. One point though, Bonnie is not Andy's sister but the daughter of Andy's mother's friend.

Keep up the cracking reviews.

KH

I had the DVD’s, then the blu-rays, etc. I love the films and was looking forward to buying the 4K UHD discs too. However after seeing Toy Story 4 last night it has ruined all the others for me. It was pure pants-rubbish storyline cashing in on past glories and a mishmash of earlier plots etc but of a much poorer standard. My wife and I were going to leave early but we then remembered that the tickets cost 15 quid each. IT’S JUMPED THE SHARK!

I had the DVD’s, then the blu-rays, etc. I love the films and was looking forward to buying the 4K UHD discs too. However after seeing Toy Story 4 last night it has ruined all the others for me. It was pure pants-rubbish storyline cashing in on past glories and a mishmash of earlier plots etc but of a much poorer standard. My wife and I were going to leave early but we then remembered that the tickets cost 15 quid each. IT’S JUMPED THE SHARK!
It didn't work for you then and that's OK. Everyone has opinions, but it ruined the last three films?!!! Oh puh-lease give me a break. Don't be so dramatic

Tom Hanks spoke about this last night on Graham Norton Show. Apparently Sporky was too scary a name for kids so they went with Forky

Welcome to the PC mad world..:(

£15 a ticket is way too expensive

My local Vue cinema is £4.99 all times but the quality is average and loads of chavs and unruly people around as audience for the price

Odeon Bath. Great sound and vision shared with eight others in the audience. We were so hyped to see movie especially after third instalment. Unfortunately we were so so disappointed. Sorry for the over dramatisation of it all. But-“oh the humanity” springs to mind too;)

I was another that was dubious about a 4th outing, but it looks like they've really pulled it off. Quite the cinematic achievement by the sounds of it.

I simply can not wait to go and see this movie. I grew up with the first 3 movies and now that I'm getting older and more grumpy and fed up with things it will be a joy to go see Woody, Buzz and the gang on their fun adventures again xD

I've just got back from seeing this with my wife and children.

I've just about given up on Hollywood. They seem incapable of making anything that isn't dumb and loud. The stupider the better. Replacing drama, and heart with VFX and pulsating ostinatos at unfeasible volumes. Caricature cardboard characters who you don't care about doing ridiculous feats with no sense of drama or jeopardy.

And then they go and do this.

I thought it was absolutely perfect.

Tom Hanks spoke about this last night on Graham Norton Show. Apparently Sporky was too scary a name for kids so they went with Forky

Have they never been to SpudulIKe?

Just came back from watching it with SWMBO and the kids was OK I prefered the third one will I be getting when it's out on bluray? Probably

Sounds like you’d have been better off (re)watching Studio Ghibli’s Spirited Away, as most Chinese cinemagoers appear to be doing!

China Box Office: 'Toy Story 4' Getting Crushed by Rerelease of Anime Classic 'Spirited Away'

Believe me, I would rather have watched an episode of Neighbours followed by Crossroads with hot sand being poured in my eyes. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but we just felt that this was lazy film making by Pixar who haven’t really made a decent movie since Toy Story 3. Wasn’t Brave and that other dross about what’s in your head fantastic?

Believe me, I would rather have watched an episode of Neighbours followed by Crossroads with hot sand being poured in my eyes. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but we just felt that this was lazy film making by Pixar who haven’t really made a decent movie since Toy Story 3. Wasn’t Brave and that other dross about what’s in your head fantastic?

You're ruining whatever valid point you probably had with your daily mail hyperbole

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom